Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2014, 12:12 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, the OP is stating as fact that married women vote rep and single women vote dem. What's the difference?

Did the OP give us any facts to support his opinion???

How can you go through this entire thread and not notice the absence of facts from the OP? unreal
I agree with what you are saying, except in 2012 the majority of married women did support Romney. My problem is with anyone suggesting GOPs are all rednecks. Or GOP has trouble with all demographics except Rednecks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2014, 12:15 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,570,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
No, what I did was use a rhetorical question to demonstrate my disgust with defining women by their perceived sexual availability to further partisan politics.
Disgusting, but not surprising.

When people on this forum discuss Hillary you can be sure the majority will reference her appearance, I have never seen similar BS when discussing male candidates.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:24 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Disgusting, but not surprising.

When people on this forum discuss Hillary you can be sure the majority will reference her appearance, I have never seen similar BS when discussing male candidates.
H*ll, no, not even Christie. A few references to his weight are all you see, but Hillary's weight, her clothes, her hair, etc are all talked about ad nauseum. To be fair, it was the same with Sarah Palin.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:27 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,572 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Single poor woman are generally not happy and who can blame them. They are responsible for raising a family on their own while the dad is off playing. They live a life in the "it should be this way or should be that way" and keep hoping their life would change for the better and that is why Obama was able to sell "hope and change" to them so easily. You have to give Obama credit, he knew exactly how to play people.
We are talking about single women, not necessarily single moms.

And you made a decent point, but not in the way you are trying to sell it.

These single moms want a better life for themselves and their kids, they saw a candidate they believed would do that.

Everyone does realize that both married women and single women both still voted for the opposite party to the tune of 41 and 45% right ????

Its not like Romney/McCain won 100% of Married women or Obama won 100% of single women

Old 03-20-2014, 12:29 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,827,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
H*ll, no, not even Christie. A few references to his weight are all you see, but Hillary's weight, her clothes, her hair, etc are all talked about ad nauseum. To be fair, it was the same with Sarah Palin.
I agree with you. I wish when people talk about anyone in any party they stick to policies and leave the name calling and trivial appearance comments at the door.

Christie weight jokes are tiring. About the only physical attribute that I think should be considered is age and it's affect on completing the term. I though the age concerns with McCain were valid, and they will be just as valid with Hilary.

Old 03-20-2014, 12:46 PM

5,450 posts, read 8,765,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
That's exactly why the credibility in this country is in the toilet. Republicans aren't fiscally conservative at all. They never have been. Cutting taxes on the wealthy and shifting the burden to everyone else via income and payroll taxes while protecting the 1% just doesn't work. Republicans are responsible for literally every financial problem this country has faced in the last 30 years.

Most people in this country have a problem with hand outs.. but the argument is extremely overplayed. Only 4% of the population is on welfare, but the government spends nearly 4 times the amount on SNAP benefits because jobs aren't paying people enough. If we actually paid people more instead of showering the wealthy with more tax breaks, we wouldn't have to spend over $350 billion per year in food stamps (which goes to corporations in the form of tax breaks). Who is really on welfare?

Ha!!! I only sound like an extremist to people who blindly follow the right-wing. Sir, it is the neoconservatives that are out of touch with reality, not me.

I'm far from a "bleeding heart" liberal. I just know how to spot bull**** and call it out. Currently, 100% of the bull**** is coming from the right-wing on every issue.

.....and that is why Democrats continue to win the vote with women.
Step back, Erik, in time.

Out of the past 18 Congresses, the Ds controlled the Senate 8 times, Rs 8 times and an even split twice. Ds controlled the HOR 10 times and the Rs 8.

What are you trying to sell here? Do a little homework next time when you try to place all blame on one party.

Your claim is wrong.

Tax cuts on the rich? Tax cuts were for every taxpayer. If you don't pay any, how can they be cut for someone? Do you just think that those who work hard and invest properly should just hand over what others believe to be too much?
This makes no sense. Just like when rates are raised, the guy making 500k pays more than the one making 25k. If it's a 5% increase then the 5% will be greater for one than the other.
Yes, I know that the guy making more will have more write offs. That guy was smart and looking out for his future, just like he was before he made that kind of money.

I don't agree with simply taking from someone because you don't feel they should have it or simply because they have more than you do.

There is no evidence that it is conservative policies are responsible for every financial problem. That's hot air.

I've always done much better under republicans than democrats and know many others that are the same.

No one here has claimed to blindly follow the right but judging by some of the leftist posts, I think most can see who is really blindly following.
How can those of us that agree with social liberal ideas but not fiscal be blindly following the right? More hot air.

Old 03-20-2014, 01:01 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,706 times
Do you have any concrete evidence or proof to support this claim? This seems like a huge generalization to me.

Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,558,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Married people are single at one point in their lives, heck I'm married but was single for many many years.

Who the hell hates God, I want names, otherwise your claim is BS.
Do you know what percentages are?

within any age group compare single people to married people based on religious questions (how often you go to synagogue/church/mosque, belief in god etc.)

fact is religious people are more likley to be married

Old 03-20-2014, 03:22 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY Jew View Post
fact is religious people are more likley to be married
Or married people are more likely to go to church. DH never, and I mean never, went to church until after we got married.

Old 03-20-2014, 03:27 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,683,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Wake up Rip Van Winkle--the 80s want your theory back. Single women are doing very well financially, which I imagine is threatening to the men who believe that women are still into that Cinderella being saved garbage. And they do not want a group of old or young conservative men making choices regarded their reproductive health. That is one huge reason single women vote Democratic.

Young, Single Women Earn More Than Male Peers - WSJ.com

Single women make more money without marriage | The Jane Dough

Study: Young, Single, Childless Women Earn More Than Men - TIME
Then why is the current democratic party getting away with characterizing women as if they are helpless little simpletons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies