Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2014, 03:57 PM

2,172 posts, read 1,454,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Why do married women vote republican and single women vote democrat?
Stockholm Syndrome
Some married women begin to empathize w/ their abusive captors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2014, 04:49 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Married women, older anyway, are living off their husband's money and do not want that questioned. Younger woman are living off their work and are tired of the old time discrimination that removes opportunity from their lives.
ROFLMAO You have to be kidding. Maybe in your urban concrete jungle but the woman I know including myself are educated, independent, don't need a daddy or the nanny state. We live in a society where man and wife is a team working together to make a good life for both of us.

Wow, you must associate with some pretty weak woman or maybe you don't think enough of them to marry them either, it's called being self centered and selfish.

Old 03-23-2014, 09:35 AM

26,512 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Most of those stats would not hold water. Obama won the vote for ages 18-44. This includes a lot of married, white mothers. You have some fixation on single mothers.

Demographics of How Groups Voted in the 2012 Presidential Election
All of my stats hold up.

Romney did win the 30 and up vote. Obama did win the 30 to 44 vote. Do you understand how this is possible?

Romney did win the married women vote. He also won the married white women vote. Obama won the single mother vote.

I have a fixation on single mothers because I point out that it is correct in someone else thread about it?

Statistics show that kids in single parent homes are more likely to drop out of school, wind up in poverty, become a dead beat dad or single mom, and wind up in prison than their 2 parent peers....even adjusting for socio-economic, race, etc.. I believe in a family structure, including non-traditional family structures like gay marriage - more "parental" involvement the better.

Old 03-23-2014, 08:54 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,833,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philo_Beddoe View Post
There sure are a lot of liberal idiots posting on this website. I wouldn't have expected this kind of stupidity and blatant leftist propaganda unless I'd clicked on the Daily Kos or some site like that.
Aw look, a new member...

Old 03-24-2014, 04:19 AM

458 posts, read 645,247 times
When women marry guys like like Marcus Bachmann, then voting Republican seems like the most logical thing to do.

Btw, logic is an antonym to Republicans

Old 03-24-2014, 10:06 PM

597 posts, read 1,443,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
Christ, the only demographic the GOP DOESN'T have a problem with are rednecks.
Rednecks? So the GOP are Rednecks? OR are they the rich, elite, wall street, bankers who are private jet owners?

Which one are they today??? I don't think I have ever heard of a uneducated, redneck who is a rich, elite, wall street, banker, private jet owner. I guess this talking point depends on which talking point is being used at the time.

Old 10-15-2016, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 1,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Less responsibility, maturity, and experience having to care for someone other than themselves.

Libs tend to be selfish and show disregard for the well being of others, which is usually characteristic of single people as well.
Having kids doesn't make you responsible, mature, or caring, as evidenced by the number of horrible parents in this country. Procreation in itself is selfish. My parents had me to fulfill their own desires, not mine. Stop making parenting out to be some noble self sacrifice. It's not... Alternatively, being childless doesn't inherently make you more selfish. Plenty devote their time to other causes like volunteering.

Old 10-15-2016, 01:35 PM

2 posts, read 1,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveLidoBeach View Post
Rednecks? So the GOP are Rednecks? OR are they the rich, elite, wall street, bankers who are private jet owners?

Which one are they today??? I don't think I have ever heard of a uneducated, redneck who is a rich, elite, wall street, banker, private jet owner. I guess this talking point depends on which talking point is being used at the time.
They're rednecks on food stamps getting ripped off by bankers and wall street while blaming government for their problems. lol.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:08 PM

1,122 posts, read 962,852 times
I joined the Republican Party during the last year of Jimmy Carter. It was my first time to vote. I was 25 yrs old and married. I help put Reagan in office.

Later on, I switched over to Independent after GWB. When Trump came along I decided to go back to being a Republican. I was never a Hillary supporter and I do not believe in putting a person in office because they feel entitled and because of who they are.

I was fed up with the establishment /elite. I have no regrets in voting for Trump. We needed to shake things up and boy did we. What people fail to understand about Donald Trump is that dating back to the early 80's he was asked about running for the presidency. He stated the only way he would was if the country was going down the tubes. Rona Barrett and Opray Winfrey both asked him years ago.

Old 06-03-2017, 11:51 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
So you are saying that by describing conservative women as being responsible equals frigid?

Liberal woman: No need to look further than moms with 5 babies to different dead beat dads who by the way vote democrat. Most likely if these woman had their choice they too would be married but daddy just takes off to impregnate another girl. Will they never learn?
My mother is a liberal, I was her only child, was married to my dad (RIP/also liberal) for two years before I was even conceived, and stayed married until my dad's passing. Take that RW stereotype....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies