Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 01:34 PM

6,657 posts, read 7,773,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
I've told you before; I'm all for eliminating corporate welfare. Do it!

Just remember that when the costs of doing business increase, those cost increases get passed along to everyone who buys corporations' goods and services. The end user/consumer always pays. Guess who gets hurt the most by having to pay higher prices for goods and services?

If you understand economics as you say, you should be able to figure this out.
Then stop talking about the lazy poor welfare people or the poor thieves and talk about cutting welfare to all lazy and thieves. Then you won't have a problem with me anymore, but 50 of your posts are on those bums(the poor) and maybe 10 on corporate welfare. Be balanced on your welfare reform and you will have my support and i will leave you guys alone.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:43 PM

89,311 posts, read 45,033,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiian by heart View Post
Then stop talking about the lazy poor welfare people or the poor thieves and talk about cutting welfare to all lazy and thieves.
No problem. I just did. End corporate welfare.

Have you figured out yet who gets hurt the most by having to pay higher prices for goods and services when the costs of doing business increase?

Old 04-08-2014, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No, I'm very in touch with what's going on.
Cut the programs? Not. At. All.

Welfare spending jumps 32% during Obama's presidency

You are out of touch. And severely misinformed.
I'm sorry, but you just don't. You somehow think a 32% increase in welfare spending is a "cut." Just one example.
No a few billion has been cut from sec 8 housing budget this year, and cuts to the snap program will be a billion a year for 10years. Not to mention other cuts from other programs. Its you that is missinformed.

The conference committees that hashed out this agreement landed on a cut of $8.7 billion to SNAP—far less than the $39 billion the House had hoped to slash from the program and yet a good deal more than the $4.5 billion in cuts the Senate approved last summer. The subsidized crop insurance program, on the other hand, is getting an additional $6 billion in funding.

Yesterday, the Associated Press called the reduction in SNAP “a mostly symbolic cut in food stamps.” Meanwhile, the Washington Post*editorial board called on the president to veto the farm bill, citing the gross inequity between its decreased benefits for the poor and what amounts to maintaining the status quo of corporate welfare for agriculture.

For the 47 million people enrolled in the food assistance benefit program, the average monthly household income is just $744. Last November, when $4 billion of stimulus funding for SNAP ended,

All recipients were hit with an average reduction in benefits of roughly $38 per month. Now, the new farm bill will add a further average cut of $90 per month for some 850,000 households.

On the ag side of things, the 10 percent of farmers who have received 75 percent of all subsidies between 1995 and 2012, according to the Environmental Working Group, have earned an average of $32,043 per year in federal payments. While it lays to rest the direct payment program, which guaranteed farmers a chunk of cash regardless of what they grew or how prices or weather fluctuated in a given year, the new farm bill shifts that money into the crop insurance program. The corporate welfare status quo is therefore largely maintained.

The 2014 Farm Bill: SNAP is Cut and Corporate Welfare is Increased

Business as usual, cuts to social welfare thats serves millions, but more welfare for the few.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-08-2014 at 08:30 PM..

Old 04-08-2014, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
Look at the 100 million dollars spent on food stamps for those in the military. Should we not hold our gov't to the same standard as private corporations in the free market. We have enough to redesign the interior of the White House with every new President and give our Rep and Senators 1-2 Million to redo their offices but not enough to provide for our servicemen and women who are risking their lives?
Cant argue that

Old 04-08-2014, 02:02 PM

@xray731

Responding to post #878

Well i doubt small business can pay there employees more because they are taxed to death so big business can not pay taxes

Old 04-08-2014, 02:05 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,796,271 times
Quote:
Then stop talking about the lazy poor welfare people or the poor thieves and talk about cutting welfare to all lazy and thieves. Then you won't have a problem with me anymore, but 50 of your posts are on those bums(the poor) and maybe 10 on corporate welfare. Be balanced on your welfare reform and you will have my support and i will leave you guys alone.
Welfare is taking money from someone else who earned that money. The mistake you made is demanding even more (getting greedy). People are going to look down on able bodied people on welfare and call them lazy if you like it or not. Your attempting to justify it will fall on deaf ears, No one likes to be robbed. Get used to it.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,600,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
If you want to get into financial sustainability, there is nothing finanically unsustainable for the U.S. government. It creates its own made up money infinitely.
You know inflation disproportionately hurts the poor right?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:07 PM

41,109 posts, read 25,796,271 times
Quote:
@xray731

Responding to post #878

Well i doubt small business can pay there employees more because they are taxed to death so big business can not pay taxes
Finally we agree. Remember when Obama wanted to raise taxes on $200k, that was small business, not big business. Look, he even wanted to raise taxes on you. Middle class pays these taxes too.

Old 04-08-2014, 02:10 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,600,965 times
Quote:
No indian schools were goverment, privately ran schools that took native americans after the goverment conquered them and sent them to this schools to be reeducated. They were brutal with tons of human rights violations, rapes, abuse, assult of indians and murder. They punished indians for speaking there languages and practicing there spiritual beliefs. This our what happens without goverment to protect people and orphanages.

So the government private run schools on Indian land were houses of horror, but without the government to "protect people"...they'd be in government private run houses of horror?

Old 04-08-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
And who gets to be the God of "to rich".
You totaly missed it. Its like you guys are the study dogs that you give stimuli to get some response, Everytime someone mentions what you just responded to it an "Automatic all my god weath distrabution) which wasn't what i was saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies