Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2014, 09:47 PM

5,297 posts, read 7,628,787 times

Advertisements

The only thing I know about aggression in dogs is the day I was standing in my side yard, across the street and two (2) yards distance, when the pure bred english bulldog ran out the front door of the neighbors house, across the two yards and road and bit me on the calf of my leg. No reason. The neighbor said it may have been because there was a clap of thunder a few minutes previously......I didn't hear it.

All I remember is my overwhelming fear as that dog was running toward me and I knew it was going to bite me. Hurt like the devil and took 3 stitches in each puncture hole.

I like/love dogs but I don't like getting bit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2014, 02:49 AM

9,007 posts, read 13,835,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
I started googling-around, to see if I could answer your question. Mixed results. Police apparently use mace on Pitt Bulls, but others say the mace may not work on them. Anyway, while googling, I ran across more disturbing information.

Apparently, Pitties will break through reinforced fences, and even into homes, to get at other dogs. Read the comments.: Elderly Woman Attacked by Pit Bulls | NBC 7 San Diego

And from another source, I read that "Anna Klafter's pit bull, Nettie, unleashed an attack upon a mounted police horse." That resulted in two humans with severe (and, presumably permanent) injuries, and a permanently disabled police horse. That particular blog is by a disabled person whose service dog was nearly killed by a Pitt Bull: Dogs in Service: My Pit Bull Attack Story Very interesting comments, including the truly heart-warming tale of pregnant Pitt Bull Advocate Darla Napora, whose throat was ripped out by a Pitt Bull she'd raised since it was eight weeks old. Hubby then buries Doggy's ashes with her, because it was such a loving dog and all. Awwwww! The Pitties were the most loving pets the Napora's had ever had. Mr. Napora said it wasn't the dog's fault, but was just a freak accident. Husband Forgives Pit Bull for Killing Pregnant Wife Darla Napora (However, having been enlightened by posters on this thread, I'm sure the Naporas only thought it was a Pitt Bull they were raising. Musta been some other kinda dog, ya know.)
Omg,and here it is i was going to just work there and if something happened,spray the mase. shocked:

Thanks for the info!

I wonder what will work on pit bulls to get them off their target?

I think i will stick with cats and rabbits as pets.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:01 AM

6,617 posts, read 6,540,599 times
I don't care what breeding it has, whether it's a pure pit bull or part, is oversize, or is a "pit bull size" according to statistics, or even if it LOOKS similar to a pit type dog.

I wouldn't trust those dogs with anyone. I would NEVER own one.

Old 03-28-2014, 06:11 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,612,132 times
After reading the owner attitudes on these forums on Pit Bulls, ( and watching judge Judy go ballistic towards some,) I realize why pitbull owners are so universally disliked .
Such a cold, callous attitude towards the horrors their beloved breed inflicts.
astounding.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:10 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,014,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygal4u View Post
Omg,and here it is i was going to just work there and if something happened,spray the mase. shocked:

Thanks for the info!

I wonder what will work on pit bulls to get them off their target?

I think i will stick with cats and rabbits as pets.

One of many reasons I have a 357 magnum.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:27 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,605,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Darla Napora, whose throat was ripped out by a Pitt Bull she'd raised since it was eight weeks old. Hubby then buries Doggy's ashes with her, because it was such a loving dog and all. Awwwww! The Pitties were the most loving pets the Napora's had ever had. Mr. Napora said it wasn't the dog's fault, but was just a freak accident. Husband Forgives Pit Bull for Killing Pregnant Wife Darla Napora
I think this provides a good insight into some of the over-the-top pit bull fanboys out there.

Old 03-28-2014, 07:45 AM

4,794 posts, read 12,373,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
After reading the owner attitudes on these forums on Pit Bulls, ( and watching judge Judy go ballistic towards some,) I realize why pitbull owners are so universally disliked .
Such a cold, callous attitude towards the horrors their beloved breed inflicts.
astounding.
I have never meant pet owners more thickheaded about the dangers of those breeds than pit owners. You simply can't reason with them on the dangers of pit bulls. They always blame bad owners, but golden retrievers can have bad owners too and you aren't reading about vicious and sometimes deadly attacks from them. (now watch someone google some extremely rare retriever attack)

Old 03-28-2014, 08:56 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,026,135 times
I've participated in enough of these threads to know that you can't fix stupid..... those who choose to remain ignorant of the true nature of pit bulls, or any other dog breed, can not be reasoned with.....

so go on about your frightened and paranoid lives while the rest of us enjoy the company and benefit of an awesome dog.....

Old 03-28-2014, 09:51 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,612,132 times
I didn't gather anyone had "frightened and paranoid lives" .
Just don't want babies and the innocent suffering horrific deaths year after year.
I love dogs.
What's to be done? As you said also, "you can't fix stupid"
Pit owners all seem to say, my dog would never....

Old 03-28-2014, 11:06 AM

1,969 posts, read 3,596,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nanannie View Post
I didn't gather anyone had "frightened and paranoid lives" .
Just don't want babies and the innocent suffering horrific deaths year after year.
I love dogs.
What's to be done? As you said also, "you can't fix stupid"
Pit owners all seem to say, my dog would never....
I'll bet you the family of that little 4 year old was probably typing up a comment on a message board not that long ago, claiming the same thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies