Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2014, 11:14 PM

2,003 posts, read 1,546,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSliver View Post
It's not so much as Jay-z may or may not hold beliefs that may or may not be racist. It's the fact that no one else outside of being a "minority" can do such a thing. Even the mere accusation of being a racist can destroy careers and lives. Paula Deen anyone?
Funny thing - ask most of the media! and the big story about Deen was the time thirty years ago when she used the N-word (ugh, I hate that expression). Ask any black person, and it was her much more recent desire to dress employees as slaves for her brother's plantation-themed wedding.

And that's the difference - racism, versus discrimination and demeaning others.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:21 PM

41 posts, read 28,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Funny thing - ask most of the media! and the big story about Deen was the time thirty years ago when she used the N-word (ugh, I hate that expression). Ask any black person, and it was her much more recent desire to dress employees as slaves for her brother's plantation-themed wedding.

And that's the difference - racism, versus discrimination and demeaning others.

Wasn't that lawsuit dissmissed?. What what point were you trying to make?

Old 04-07-2014, 11:22 PM

579 posts, read 762,527 times
Quote:
Her career has ruined

Old 04-07-2014, 11:25 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,017,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
That's one thing - Jay's been dropping Illuminati references in his music for over a decade now. Is it because he's a member? No, he just finds that sort of thinking interesting, and enjoys trolling the conspiracy theorists, and it works every time. It's probably the same thing here - just an interesting theme due to their bizarre numerology ideas, and it'll drive the likes of Bill O'Reilly up a wall.
Well that is the thing...........JayZ is just laughing about it all I'm sure hell for all we know somebody handed him the thing and he strapped it on. I mean who knows and the real point is why does anybody care? Nobody has been able to answer that question. Oh Jay is a racist bla bla bla. All BS. The guy doesn't have time to be a racist.............LOL. It is utter insanity what these folks are spewing. Hey like I've been saying free pub for JayZ. I'm sure he is enjoying the lunatics making him more money. I guess reality is gone in the old USofA anymore. Rabid loons have to cry about everything. Why they don't even know but they are told to do it so they do.

Old 04-07-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Well that is the thing...........JayZ is just laughing about it all I'm sure hell for all we know somebody handed him the thing and he strapped it on. I mean who knows and the real point is why does anybody care? Nobody has been able to answer that question. Oh Jay is a racist bla bla bla. All BS. The guy doesn't have time to be a racist.............LOL. It is utter insanity what these folks are spewing. Hey like I've been saying free pub for JayZ. I'm sure he is enjoying the lunatics making him more money. I guess reality is gone in the old USofA anymore. Rabid loons have to cry about everything. Why they don't even know but they are told to do it so they do.
It's an awful reflection on Obama

Old 04-07-2014, 11:31 PM

Obama has nothing to do with this thread. Take you diatribe elsewhere.......

Old 04-07-2014, 11:34 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
I think his point is that most people think the Paula Deen situation was about her using the N word, but to the rest of us, it was about the "Southern Wedding" and making black people use the back door.

And no, it wasnt dismissed, they settled out of court.

(yes i know, the case is technically dismissed when you settle out of court, but in the context it seems you may have meant just dismissed)

Old 04-07-2014, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Obama has nothing to do with this thread. Take you diatribe elsewhere.......

Old 04-07-2014, 11:43 PM

Your post means nothing.............what is your point? Well never mind you don't have one just want to post nonsense. Carry on hero........

Old 04-07-2014, 11:52 PM

41 posts, read 28,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I think his point is that most people think the Paula Deen situation was about her using the N word, but to the rest of us, it was about the "Southern Wedding" and making black people use the back door.

And no, it wasnt dismissed, they settled out of court.

(yes i know, the case is technically dismissed when you settle out of court, but in the context it seems you may have meant just dismissed)
Using the N-word decades ago?..How about wearing a medallion that implies whites are the devil and black men are God? Not black people, just Black MEN. But I am told The N-word muttered decades ago by a woman who got on TV and cried her heart out to be more offended by her actions then what Jay-z is currently wearing and that he may or may not be a black supremacist. Who just so happens to hang out with the President at the White house. Yeah, can't see Bush getting away with anything remotely like that. And Whites have been called racist for far less.

The lawsuit was started by Lisa Jackson, a white woman. Because of this the Judge dismissed the racial discrimination part of it and the rest of the lawsuit probably couldn't hold up much longer so they settled a few weeks later. That settlement was reached “without any award of costs or fees to any party" They settled it out of court, for what?. Don't know, probably just to make her go away as oppose to admitting any wrongdoing.

This is getting stupid, first it was the gay marriage thing and now it seems to be Paula Deen. When those were examples and sub-points I was trying to make in the context of the overall hypocrisy of this.

If you are going to reply then at least address my overall point and not try to catch me in some "gotcha" moment.

This is why I post rarely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies