Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 09:50 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Whether something is ok for another person to do is your opinion. I certainly have not touched whether it was ok for him to do that.

But this idea that this represents racism is absurd and dumb and crazy and false.
Blacks supporting and defending black racism. Like we didn't know that's how you roll.... Just admit it, you think it's ACCEPTABLE for blacks to be racists for all eternity and use it as an excuse to do nothing with their lives.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:58 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Good question, in simple terms taxing imported good more and using that extra tax dollars to help with social programs. We allowed corporations to ship jobs overseas for cheaper labor and left ourselves with lower wage jobs. That is not okay.
So penalize those of all income brackets who wish to buy a product you dont approve of and give the penalty to the federal government as an additional revenue stream? Horrible idea.
We didnt allow corporations anything as they arent ours to dictate to,they are privately held and operate in a manner that will ensure survival or maybe you prefer corporate welfare when they go bust?

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's okay if they're racists, but they'll scream bloody murder if they think anyone else is.
Was just thinking the same thing......doesn't seem like they liked the change going on and conflict suits them better.

Maybe, Jay Z is preparing to be the next Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson!

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I have no biases. You on the other hand blindly accept double standards and continue to lay blame on people alive today who had nothing to do with the sins of this nation's past, nor do they have anything to do in 2014 with the shortcomings of black people! So, the next time you want run your mouth and call someone ignorant, you'd better look in the mirror!
Well everyone has biases and not all biases are racial biases, but in this case.....

Again there is no double standard. I look at objective reality the state of the world. Racism is systematic discrimination. The confederate flag is a symbol of slavery and racism. Jay Z wearing a medallion is Not racism.

I don't know what you are looking at to arrive at the opposite conclusions maybe your ignorance and personal biases.

I have not laid blame on people alive today for anything. Two points, understanding how we arrived at today means understanding our nation's past. There are plenty of sins that are being committed in present day America concerning racism against black Americans and the stats show this consistently.

The shortcomings of black people? What an utterly prejudiced thought. I didn't know that races had collective shortcomings.

Nah, I enjoy these discussions. Please proceed.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:02 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
Irrelevant! Nobody suggested raising the minimum wage to CEO levels.

I simply pointed out the hypocrisy in these arguments that any costs associated with CEO's and shareholders do not adversely impact prices.

Nonsense! I run a business and labor is 0% of my total costs.

a typical quick-serve restaurant spends about 30% of its income on labor.

perhaps you should consider the limits of your own experience

supply and demand is the ONLY thing that matters when determining price.
Really? Labor is 0% of your total costs? So, you run a business for free and don't charge people an amount that allows you to pay yourself? Tell me, exactly how do you pay for your personal housing, food, and utilities in this scenario?

I think you might want to reconsider your statement....

Quote:
supply and demand is the ONLY thing that matters when determining price.
I can see how economics can be confusing to someone who thinks that labor costs make up 0% of their business costs.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Blacks supporting and defending black racism. Like we didn't know that's how you roll.... Just admit it, you think it's ACCEPTABLE for blacks to be racists for all eternity and use it as an excuse to do nothing with their lives.
There is no such thing a black racism. There is only racism. There is not some special category of black........ oh forget it. Same ole same ole same ole bs. You cats are in fantasyland.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:15 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Lol, you want to go with what exactly?
The truth. Both races enslaved both races. It's not a racial thing.
Quote:
Except the confederate flag does represent the group of people who fought and killed to keep black people enslaved.
Black Southern slave owners contributed their slaves' labor to the Confederate Army during the Civil War.

"A large majority of profit-oriented free black slaveholders resided in the Lower South."
Franklin, John Hope and Schweninger. Runaway Slaves: Rebels on the Plantation.

William Ellison. Free Southern Black and slave owner. "After the outbreak of the American Civil War, in 1861 Ellison offered aid from his 63 slaves to the Confederate Army and converted his cotton plantation to mixed crops to supply food to the cause."
Larry Koger, Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860
Quote:
The confederate flag is a symbol of slavery of racism of oppression of evil.
Then you'll have to admit that the Blacks who had their slaves labor to support the Confederacy were racist and evil. Do you agree?

Old 04-08-2014, 10:19 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Well everyone has biases and not all biases are racial biases, but in this case.....

Again there is no double standard. I look at objective reality the state of the world. Racism is systematic discrimination. The confederate flag is a symbol of slavery and racism. Jay Z wearing a medallion is Not racism.

A simple Google search was all that was needed here. Here is an exerpt; The Five Percent Nation sometimes called Nations of Gods and Earths believes all white people are evil. If that isn't a racist view then I don't know what is?

I don't know what you are looking at to arrive at the opposite conclusions maybe your ignorance and personal biases.

I have not laid blame on people alive today for anything. Two points, understanding how we arrived at today means understanding our nation's past. There are plenty of sins that are being committed in present day America concerning racism against black Americans and the stats show this consistently.

Please provide examples.

The shortcomings of black people? What an utterly prejudiced thought. I didn't know that races had collective shortcomings.

Were you not the one that brought up systematic racism against black people? Oh, I see in typical leftist fashion, we're moving the goal posts.

Nah, I enjoy these discussions. Please proceed.
Quote:
There is no such thing a black racism. There is only racism. There is not some special category of black........ oh forget it. Same ole same ole same ole bs. You cats are in fantasyland.
Correct. So then you should be able to see the hypocrisy here. It's OK for Jay Z to wear a racist symbol, but if someone wears a Confederate Flag.... nope, can't have that.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The truth. Both races enslaved both races. It's not a racial thing.
Black Southern slave owners contributed their slaves' labor to the Confederate Army during the Civil War.

"A large majority of profit-oriented free black slaveholders resided in the Lower South."
Franklin, John Hope and Schweninger. Runaway Slaves: Rebels on the Plantation.

William Ellison. Free Southern Black and slave owner. "After the outbreak of the American Civil War, in 1861 Ellison offered aid from his 63 slaves to the Confederate Army and converted his cotton plantation to mixed crops to supply food to the cause."
Larry Koger, Black Slaveowners: Free Black Slave Masters in South Carolina, 1790-1860
Then you'll have to admit that the Blacks who had their slaves labor to support the Confederacy were racist and evil. Do you agree?
So you are going with the insane premise that slavery wasn't about racial oppression? Absolutely insane and crazy nonsense. Saying American slavery wasn't about racial oppression is like saying the sky isn't blue, water isn't wet, fat meat isn't greasy. I mean, there are no historians and very, very, very, very few Americans who don't see slavery as racial oppression.

Uh yeah anyone who supported the confederacy was racist and evil.

Last edited by Iamme73; 04-08-2014 at 10:42 AM..

Old 04-08-2014, 10:30 AM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
So you are going with the insane premise that slavery wasn't about racial oppression? Absolutely insane and crazy nonsense.
Only to those who are ignorant of the fact that both Black and White slave owners owned Black and White slaves.

I realize you've been brainwashed to believe otherwise, but had you had a legitimate education, you would have learned that slavery is evil, but it was practiced by both races and oppressed both races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies