Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 09:19 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
In their defense... Corporations are going to win the war.

The threat of automation will squeeze corporate taxes to 0%. The government will eventually beg technology / energy corporations to hire people rather than use robots.

My issue really will be finding a way to separate corporations from the 0.1% individuals. It will involve closing loopholes. Warren Buffet and the like sitll need to be paying a fair amount of taxes, regardless of the outcome of Corporations.
That I unfortunately have to agree with you on.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
I seriously doubt that anyone here has never wanted a raise in their wages at their current place of employment.
If I got one it was because I earned it not because somebody forced my employer to give me one....

Old 04-08-2014, 09:20 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratikmind View Post
I seriously doubt that anyone here has never wanted a raise in their wages at their current place of employment.
Since when does wanting a raise equate to being entitled to a raise? Every raise that I ever received was earned through improving my value to my employer by increasing my skill set and/or productivity.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:22 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
People don't get what racism is and what it isn't.

Racism is taking away a group of people's religion, names, and customs forcing them into bondage and then giving them a whole new identity based on this idea of race which endows their race with characteristics that are universally negative.

Racism is burning down whole towns, Jim Crow, lynchings, segregation, denying people schooling, the right to vote, jobs, and housing and medical, experimenting on them, its stop and frisk, etc and so on.

Racism is living in a nation which has done all of those things to black people then wondering why black people are worse off than white people and saying well the problem is black people are still messed up.

Racism is not Jay Z wearing a medallion that may or may not mean anything to him dealing with the 5percenters an extremely small group of people who have no power.

I noticed you only used examples of racism against blacks. The first two examples no question were reprehensible actions against black people! However; what I find hypocritical is when people hammer on folks who wear or display a Confederate Flag, and cry racism, yet Jay Z wears a medallion from a group known for racism as well, but nope.... nothing to see here. Not that I care anyway that he wears the medallion, as it his right to do so, but the hypocrisy, and double standards are astounding.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:23 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,745,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
The threat of automation will squeeze corporate taxes to 0%.
that doesn't make any sense

the threat of automation provides no incentive for congress to lower a company's corporate tax burden.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:23 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
You have no clue what you are even talking about. It's nice to see the resident blacks support this, we all knew you did.
This is very wrong. I have not supported anything.

My understanding of what racism is, systematic oppression is much more reality based

Believing that Jay Z wearing a medallion is systematic racial oppression especially when 99.9999999% of the so called targets of that racial oppression don't recognize the symbol is absurd.

Think about that for a second seriously.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:27 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
I noticed you only used examples of racism against blacks. The first two examples no question were reprehensible actions against black people! However; what I find hypocritical is when people hammer on folks who wear or display a Confederate Flag, and cry racism, yet Jay Z wears a medallion from a group known for racism as well, but nope.... nothing to see here. Not that I care anyway that he wears the medallion, as it his right to do so, but the hypocrisy, and double standards are astounding.
It's okay if they're racists, but they'll scream bloody murder if they think anyone else is.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:28 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
The confederate flag is symbol of racial oppression. The people who fought under that flag wanted to keep black people enslaved.

Again Jay Z wears a medallion that 99.9999999999% of the group of people being targeted don't recognize.

See how you are equating two things that don't compare to one another.

One is a symbol of the people who wanted to keep enslaving black people and who fought and killed to keep slavery.

The other is a medallion worn by Jay Z that very few recognize by a group that very few know.

Please stop with this dumb comparisons.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:30 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's okay if they're racists, but they'll scream bloody murder if they think anyone else is.

Seriously, I don't wish to get into a neverending p***ing match over it, but I only wish to expose the hypocrisy and double standards that are prevalent today.

Old 04-08-2014, 09:31 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The confederate flag is symbol of racial oppression. The people who fought under that flag wanted to keep black people enslaved.
Including Black slave owners. Both Whites AND Blacks owned slaves. And furthermore, some slaves were both Black AND White. Now what? It's not racial oppression anymore. Both races enslaved both races.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies