Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 12:36 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Africans are the ones who sold Africans. Take it up with your "mother land" if it bothers you so much. Again, the "enslavement" part was brought about by a black man, so blame your own race for that. Before then there was Indentured Servitude where they WORKED and got something when they were freed, like money and land to start their own operations.
That wasn't always true. For example, the 5,290 White kids referred to in the public lecture I linked were kidnapped from their homes to be sold in the U.S. as slaves, were not given indenture documents which would have guaranteed their freedom after a predetermined period of unpaid labor, and were subsequently not freed. They actually really were slaves; kidnapped and sold into slavery.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:40 PM

89,061 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Your question is insane.
No, it isn't. It's legitimate. You can't defend your assertion that slavery in the U.S. was racial oppression because it is actual historical fact that people of BOTH races both owned and were slaves.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:41 PM

26,511 posts, read 15,088,692 times
Quote:
That is not my definition of racism, but you already know that since I gave my definition of racism in the post you responded.

I have aligned myself with no one. I have lied about nothing. I have obfuscated nothing. What I have written in this thread stands unchallenged and correct.
How convenient. I bet you win a lot of arguments as you get to redefine the dictionary to your liking when you are losing. So, you disagree with the real word's definition per the dictionary in a manner that allows you to tacitly justify racism against others. Great. Don't you think racism has caused enough damage in society?

I hope that one day you look in your heart and disavow yourself from the racism you support.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:47 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Which still isn't true.

So you make 100% profit, which means that you pay yourself 100%. In other words, you have more than 0% labor costs.
No......you still have costs....look at the schedule "C" I posted a link to.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:52 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Eh nobody cares. Now if say Tom Hanks wore a Klan ribbon or what have you the country would be flipping out. So it goes..........
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikBEggs View Post
I guess I missed the memo where blacks in America were enslaving whites once upon a time. If you can't distinguish the difference, there is no help for you. Even still, most people in America don't exactly look up to Jay-Z for anything. Jay-Z, Kanye West, Kardashians, Bieber.. they are all the same knuckleheads to me.
Ikr? And I don't even agree with Jay-Z. But he is as free to sport his medallion as the good ol boy who is all proud of his F-150 with the confederate flag and Winchester in the window. But I too also flip out about all the people on CD who either have no knowledge about the history of racism/discrimination against blacks in America or more likely, just don't give a damn, and consistently make 'victim' complaints about how unfairly the country treats them at the hands of black people who express anything that isn't praising white America. Especially when blacks gave been historically out-numbered and underpowered in this country for centuries... I mean really...

Old 04-08-2014, 12:52 PM

872 posts, read 828,414 times
Quote:
Your question is insane. Seriously, that is like asking me why the sky is blue. If you are that far out into fantasyland, you are hopeless.

Needless to say there isn't any debate that the enslavement of Africans was about racial oppression.
Quote:
No, you are confused. Oh now you are moving the goal posts racially motivated?

I wrote the enslavement of Africans was about racial oppression which it clearly is. This word motivation is irrelevant.
Quote:
No that is American history. You have no historical facts that I don't know about and your historical facts don't change that the enslavement of Africans in America was about racial oppression.
Quote:
These fictional tribesman didn't have any concept of the idea OF RACE.

But their European slave traders DID have these ideas about race because Europeans both invented and embraced racial categories and then endowed these racial categories with characteristics that were inherent to their DNA.

Please your ignorance is astonishing. Your lack of insight on this issue is staggering. The simplistic A, B, C, level thinking which reaches these weird conclusions from unrelated historical facts is flat out ignorant.
Quote:
Why do you think that changes anything? The enslavement of Africans in this nation was about racial oppression. This is easy to look up historical facts.

You can READ what slave owners said about the enslaved. You can read what our government said about the enslaved. You can read accounts from the enslaved on their experiences. Then you have the violence, the violence, the violence, the violence and more violence. To say that American slavery was not racial oppression is a flat out ignorant, insane, dumb position to take.

Let me see if I have this straight.

If back in the day, a black person owned a black slave that was oppression.
If back in the day, a black person owned a white slave that was oppression.
If back in the day, a white person owned a white slave that was oppression.
If back in the day, a white person owned a black slave, that was racial oppression.

This sums up all that you have said.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:53 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
No......you still have costs....look at the schedule "C" I posted a link to.
I agree, you still have costs aside from labor. However, le roi is contending that you can run a business without labor costs, which is improbable if not impossible. Even if you own the business and have no employees, as long as you are making a personal profit you are taking money from the business in order to pay yourself. In other words, labor costs.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:56 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,356,060 times
Quote:
I agree, you still have costs aside from labor. However, le roi is contending that you can run a business without labor costs, which is improbable if not impossible. Even if you own the business and have no employees, as long as you are making a personal profit you are taking money from the business in order to pay yourself. In other words, labor costs.
Then why does the IRS not look at it that way???

Old 04-08-2014, 12:58 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,459,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tassy001 View Post
Let me see if I have this straight.

If back in the day, a black person owned a black slave that was oppression.
If back in the day, a black person owned a white slave that was oppression.
If back in the day, a white person owned a white slave that was oppression.
If back in the day, a white person owned a black slave, that was racial oppression.

This sums up all that you have said.
That's it in a nutshell.

Old 04-08-2014, 01:06 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,956,603 times
Quote:
Minimum wage started in 1938 and was set at 25 cents per hour. That equates to $4.16 in 2014 dollars. And yet people are screaming for the minimum wage to be raised in order to make it "fair".
The minimum wage was $1.60 in 1968. That equates to $10.79 in 2014.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies