Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 10:33 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So penalize those of all income brackets who wish to buy a product you dont approve of and give the penalty to the federal government as an additional revenue stream? Horrible idea.
We didnt allow corporations anything as they arent ours to dictate to,they are privately held and operate in a manner that will ensure survival or maybe you prefer corporate welfare when they go bust?
Then we will continue down this path of low wage service jobs as higher paying jobs get shipped overseas, if this fact doesn't bother you then I guess we as a country will continue down this path and deal with the consequences.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 AM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
Meh-it's not a big deal IMO and I don't categorize NOI or 5% nation as hate groups. Jay Electronica is another rapper that is a 5 percenter apparently and he not only dates a white woman, but Rothschild heiress Kate Rothschild.

Some of the most influential, thought provoking and conscious rappers are also members-Jedi Mind Tricks, Nas, Brand Nubian, MF Doom, Black Thought, Erykah Badu, Pete Rock and CL Smooth, Digable Planets, Talib Kweli, Rakim, Wu Tang, etc.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:40 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Correct. So then you should be able to see the hypocrisy here. It's OK for Jay Z to wear a racist symbol, but if someone wears a Confederate Flag.... nope, can't have that.
Again a racist symbol to whom? If the people who this racist symbol is targeting doesn't know it exists...... Do you see the problem that you are running into?

Racism is a real tangible social thing that impacts people's lives. People who suffer racial discrimination and see the symbols of that racism don't have to be told about those symbols.

Oh you see that celebrity? You see the medallion he is wearing? Oh you nothing about that medallion?

Well, that medallion we think represents this group called the 5 percenters. Oh you know nothing about the 5percenters? Well the 5 percenters are a racist group because they have racist belief? Oh you don't know what they believe? Well these are their racist beliefs. What do those beliefs have to do with the Medallion and Jay Z?

That is not an example of a racist symbol or racism. At least not in the real world.

Stop with this dumb comparison to the confederate flag which is a symbol that represents the desire to continue the enslavement of black people and a war that killed 100's of thousands fought to keep slavery going.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:43 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Quote:
Nonsense! I run a business and labor is 0% of my total costs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Really? Labor is 0% of your total costs? So, you run a business for free and don't charge people an amount that allows you to pay yourself? Tell me, exactly how do you pay for your personal housing, food, and utilities in this scenario?

I think you might want to reconsider your statement....

I can see how economics can be confusing to someone who thinks that labor costs make up 0% of their business costs.
I can see how economics can be confusing to someone who thinks that a sole proprietor records a salary or labor expense for himself on an Income Statement.
In the context of this thread labor refers to employees/hired labor.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Only to those who are ignorant of the fact that both Black and White slave owners owned Black and White slaves.

I realize you've been brainwashed to believe otherwise, but had you had a legitimate education, you would have learned that slavery is evil, but it was practiced by both races and oppressed both races.
You are embarrassing yourself if you believe that American slavery wasn't about racial oppression. You are ignorant of reality and history.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:45 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
Again a racist symbol to whom? If the people who this racist symbol is targeting doesn't know it exists...... Do you see the problem that you are running into?

Racism is a real tangible social thing that impacts people's lives. People who suffer racial discrimination and see the symbols of that racism don't have to be told about those symbols.

Oh you see that celebrity? You see the medallion he is wearing? Oh you nothing about that medallion?

Well, that medallion we think represents this group called the 5 percenters. Oh you know nothing about the 5percenters? Well the 5 percenters are a racist group because they have racist belief? Oh you don't know what they believe? Well these are their racist beliefs. What do those beliefs have to do with the Medallion and Jay Z?

That is not an example of a racist symbol or racism. At least not in the real world.

Stop with this dumb comparison to the confederate flag which is a symbol that represents the desire to continue the enslavement of black people and a war that killed 100's of thousands fought to keep slavery going.

You continue to deflect as usual. So, because most people didn't know it was a racist symbol it doesn't mean that it's racist? Yep... move along.... nothing to see here.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:46 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Only to those who are ignorant of the fact that both Black and White slave owners owned Black and White slaves.

I realize you've been brainwashed to believe otherwise, but had you had a legitimate education, you would have learned that slavery is evil, but it was practiced by both races and oppressed both races.
And made possible by an overwhelming majority of blacks who first enslaved other blacks and then sold them to an overwhelming majority of white slave traders.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:49 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
wow, 24 hours later and the white conservative males still are going crazy over a medallion.

proof that most white conservative males will use any dumb thing to target all black people.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:49 AM

11,142 posts, read 10,716,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I can see how economics can be confusing to someone who thinks that a sole proprietor records a salary or labor expense for himself on an Income Statement.
In the context of this thread labor refers to employees/hired labor.

At what point did I mention Income Statements or paperwork? Nice straw man, though.

Whether it shows on the Income Statement or not, a sole proprietor has labor costs which make up a large portion of their overall business expenses.

Now, if you'd like to contribute to the conversation with something meaningful, feel free to prove me wrong on either that point or the question of supply and demand being the sole determiner of costs.

In the context of this thread, labor refers to labor, period. Trying to separate the labor of direct employees from the labor of contractors or sole proprietors is misleading and dishonest when discussing the effects of a raise in wages and resultant changes in the cost of living.

Old 04-08-2014, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
You continue to deflect as usual. So, because most people didn't know it was a racist symbol it doesn't mean that it's racist? Yep... move along.... nothing to see here.
I deflect nothing.
There were zero white people who saw that medallion and who were afraid or angry or anything. Or thought about their oppression.

It is meaningless to them. A racist symbol has to have meaning to the people it is targeting or it is not a racist symbol. It has to have history a present a fear a power which gives the racist symbol meaning in that nation's cultural context. This thing has nothing because it means nothing to nearly every American who sees it and because it means nothing to basically 100% of Americans it is not a racist symbol. Is not an example of racism.

Now is that spelling it out simple enough for you? Smh.

Last edited by Iamme73; 04-08-2014 at 11:10 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies