Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 12:00 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 24 days ago)

29,560 posts, read 16,548,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexSliver View Post
Using the N-word decades ago?..How about wearing a medallion that implies whites are the devil and blacks are God?. But I am told The N-word muttered decades ago by a woman who got on TV and cried her heart out to be more offended by her actions then what Jay-z is currently wearing and that he may or may not be a black supremacist. Who just so happens to hang out with the President at the White house.

The lawsuit was started by Lisa Jackson, a white woman. Because of this the Judge dismissed the racial discrimination part of it and the rest of the lawsuit probably couldn't hold up much longer so they settled a few weeks later. That settlement was reached [LEFT]“without any award of costs or fees to any party[/LEFT]" They settled it out of court, for what?. Don't know, probably just to make her go away as oppose to admitting any wrongdoing.

This is getting stupid, first it was the gay marriage thing and now it seems to be Paula Deen. When those were examples and sub-points I was trying to make in the context of the overall hypocrisy of this.

If you are going to reply then at least address my overall point and not try to catch me in some "gotcha" moment.

This is why I post rarely.
The bold implies that you did not read my post. It wasnt about here using the N word, it was about her making her workers use the back door, planning a Southern wedding where all the workers were dressed as slaves.

Also, im pretty sure the judge didnt dismiss the case because she was white. That doesnt even make sense. Also, cost and fees are legal terms. That doesnt mean there was no money exchanged.

Also,You brought up Paula Deen, 2 different people responded to said sub-point. Its not a gotcha moment, you simply brought something up and people responded to it. calm down. And i addressed your main point long ago.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:03 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times
Quote:
This is getting stupid, first it was the gay marriage thing and now it seems to be Paula Deen. When those were examples and sub-points I was trying to make in the context of the overall hypocrisy of this. .
Yes you are correct. Folks just start blathering about nothing related to the topic. Hey I am no fan of JayZ my kids do like his **** but I don't care. I mean what the hell does some pin matter he is wearing? Why do folks get all bent out of shape about it? I remember back in the day Ozzy and Judas Priest were all devil worshipers who needed to be taken care of. Same stupid **** here. Oh Tipper Gore was running that show never mind.............LOL.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The bold implies that you did not read my post. It wasnt about here using the N word, it was about her making her workers use the back door, planning a Southern wedding where all the workers were dressed as slaves.

Also, im pretty sure the judge didnt dismiss the case because she was white. That doesnt even make sense. Also, cost and fees are legal terms. That doesnt mean there was no money exchanged.

Also,You brought up Paula Deen, 2 different people responded to said sub-point. Its not a gotcha moment, you simply brought something up and people responded to it. calm down. And i addressed your main point long ago.
How the hell do you go from a JayZ thread to some workers using the back door at a plantation? Are you sane? It appears not.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:06 AM

510 posts, read 430,778 times
Good. The sooner Maryland goes full-******* the sooner we can start rebuilding the smoldering ruins.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:14 AM

41 posts, read 28,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post

Also,You brought up Paula Deen, 2 different people responded to said sub-point. Its not a gotcha moment, you simply brought something up and people responded to it. calm down
I read your post. That is why I brought up the lawsuit because it claimed all those things in your post happened. But no proof of it actually happened was found. If it was, please post it.

Paula Deen Lawsuit Dismissed By Judge After Parties Reach Undisclosed Settlement:"The full dismissal of the case comes two weeks after the court dismissed the racial discrimination part of Lisa Jackson's lawsuit reasoning that, as a white woman, she lacked proper standing for such a complaint."

The fact that it was a white woman at all makes it sounds more like a shake down or extortion then a case of "discrimination". Money probably was exchanged, probably not, don't know. "Without any award of costs or fees to any party" that is all we can go on. And if money was given out, it was probably pennies on what they were seeking and to just get her to go away.

People did more then bring it up. They ignored my overall point and continue to harp on about those subpoints. I spent more time talking about those two subpoints then the topic of the thread. and I am calm, it's you people that can't stay focused or trying to deflect or something.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:16 AM

26,500 posts, read 15,084,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
In my opintion it is "foolish" to acknowledge their racist crap and bring it up when it has nothing to do with you at all in the least.
Your opinion is to say that I shouldn't factually point out that a racist group is racist when I see someone obfuscating that fact.

Quote:
I'm not riled up in the least. I am just laughing at how "riled" up some get from a guy wearing a stupid pin. Who cares? Why do you care so much? Posting definitions now? LOL. Cmon moon I am not a liberal..........
You are being highly dishonest. You make ridiculous points with no logic like that Jay Z does charity - what does that have to do with whether or not the "Nation of Gods and Earths" aka the 5% Nation is racist?

You ask questions that I answered, pretend I am answering them the opposite of how I did, and then dodge my questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadoken View Post
Have you ever heard of Lynyrd Skynyrd?
Yes. What does that have to do with whether or not the "Nation of Gods and Earths" is racist? When their ideology is clearly racist. Are you saying the "Nation of Gods and Earth's" is not racist?

I certainly think there is a racist component with many confederate flag wavers. And I certainly think that the confederacy was formed to protect the racist institution of slavery. In all honesty, I had a friend who put a confederate flag on his truck, I discouraged him and so did his GF and a few other friends, he took it down. I never heard him utter a racist word, but the flag symbolizes so much to so many, period.

I don't know enough about the band Lynyrd Skynyrd, to be honest, but I don't have a problem with people disapproving of the use of the confederate flag based on the fact of what it symbolized specifically in the 1860s and what so many racist groups use it to symbolize today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I happen to like Jay Z, and i'll continue to like him.
Hopefully, you were lying and diverting away from the fact that the "Nation of Gods and Earths" is racist, simply because you like Jay Z. People can not think logically when they deal with something they love and music is something that many people love. I hope you do not personally share the racist views and racist teachings of the racist Clarence 13X, who broke off of the Nation of Islam over a racist reason. Your name isn't "DesertD-Meccaer", so it is probably just your affection for Jay-Z clouding your mind.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Your opinion is to say that I shouldn't factually point out that a racist group is racist when I see someone obfuscating that fact.

You are being highly dishonest. You make ridiculous points with no logic like that Jay Z does charity - what does that have to do with whether or not the "Nation of Gods and Earths" aka the 5% Nation is racist?

You ask questions that I answered, pretend I am answering them the opposite of how I did, and then dodge my questions.

Yes. What does that have to do with whether or not the "Nation of Gods and Earths" is racist? When their ideology is clearly racist. Are you saying the "Nation of Gods and Earth's" is not racist?

I certainly think there is a racist component with many confederate flag wavers. And I certainly think that the confederacy was formed to protect the racist institution of slavery. In all honesty, I had a friend who put a confederate flag on his truck, I discouraged him and so did his GF and a few other friends, he took it down. I never heard him utter a racist word, but the flag symbolizes so much to so many, period.

I don't know enough about the band Lynyrd Skynyrd, to be honest, but I don't have a problem with people disapproving of the use of the confederate flag based on the fact of what it symbolized specifically in the 1860s and what so many racist groups use it to symbolize today.

Hopefully, you were lying and diverting away from the fact that the "Nation of Gods and Earths" is racist, simply because you like Jay Z. People can not think logically when they deal with something they love and music is something that many people love. I hope you do not personally share the racist views and racist teachings of the racist Clarence 13X, who broke off of the Nation of Islam over a racist reason. Your name isn't "DesertD-Meccaer", so it is probably just your affection for Jay-Z clouding your mind.
Ha............I make no sense yet yoyu scream about how you think I make no sense when in reality we are talkign about a guy waring a charm. LOL. Who makes no sense now? Well I guess in your opinion I know where you will vote but for God's sake wake up. Who friggen cares what a guy is wearing and if you do care so much explain why.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:23 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,545,892 times
Quote:
This is getting stupid, first it was the gay marriage thing and now it seems to be Paula Deen. When those were examples and sub-points I was trying to make in the context of the overall hypocrisy of this.

If you are going to reply then at least address my overall point and not try to catch me in some "gotcha" moment.

This is why I post rarely.
But it's not a gotcha, it's my central point in this thread. The five Percenters don't go around hanging or beating white people, so you can't compare them to the Klan in any way. Instead, they mostly sit around talking about "divine knowledge" and going off on numerology rants. As far as hip hop goes, they basically mainstreamed a few phrases, got some rappers to go on long winded, boring numerology rants, and got RZA to call himself "Ruler Zig-Zag-Zig Allah". And most of that died out quite some time ago.

Same thing with Deen. Frankly, I don't care if she used a slur back in the mid-80's, particularly since she was discussing a guy that held a gun to her head during a bank robbery. The guy that pointed a gun to her head was far more in the wrong than she was. Similarly, I brought up Lynyrd Skynyrd in this thread a couple of times, specifically because they're known for showing the Confederate flag (yes, it's actually a battle flag, I know) at every concert. Scott Walker ending Sunday early voting, and passing stringent Voter ID laws, is vastly more important than they are.

(I'll also note that the Nation of Gods and Earths believes that black women are "Earths", and should submit to their men. Jay Z's wife, one Beyoncé Knowles-Carter is...not known for taking crap from any guy...)

Old 04-08-2014, 12:26 AM

Quote:
How the hell do you go from a JayZ thread to some workers using the back door at a plantation? Are you sane? It appears not.
ALex brought up the Paula Deen situation. He mistakenly thought it was only about her using the N word, it was not she did far more.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:30 AM

Quote:
I read your post. That is why I brought up the lawsuit because it claimed all those things in your post happened. But no proof of it actually happened was found. If it was, please post it.
The above doesnt make sense. In your response to my last post before this, you repeated the same falsehood i had corrected. So either you didnt read my entire comment or you simply dont care that you are wrong and are going to continue the claim that it was only about her using the N word.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies