Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2014, 10:59 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I deflect nothing.
There were zero white people who saw that medallion and who were afraid or angry or anything. Or thought about their oppression.

It is meaningless to them. A racist symbol has to have meaning to the people it is targeting or it is not a racist symbol. It has to have history a present a fear a power. This thing has nothing because it means nothing and because it means nothing it is not a racist symbol. Is not an example of racism.

Now is that spelling it out simple enough for you. Smh.

And now, that it has been exposed, and people know what it means, are you going to deny its meaning? Apparently your reading comprehension isn't great, considering I provided an example in a previous post as to what the Five Percenters view on white people are. Not that I give a s*** really, but only to expose the fact that is country is full of double standards and hypocrisy. Thanks for proving my point!

Old 04-08-2014, 11:04 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
And now, that it has been exposed, and people know what it means, are you going to deny its meaning? Apparently your reading comprehension isn't great, considering I provided an example in a previous post as to what the Five Percenters view on white people are. Not that I give a s*** really, but only to expose the fact that is country is full of double standards and hypocrisy. Thanks for proving my point!
I deny nothing. It has no meaning in the context of American culture. It has no history as a symbol of racial oppression of anyone.

Not one white American who sees that medallion recognizes or gives two damns about that medallion being a symbol of their oppression, of violence committed against them, of the state oppressing them, that is because that medallion has no historical, societal, personal meaning to them.

Therefore how can something that has no meaning to the people of a nation because it has no history to the people of a nation be a racist symbol for that nation or any group of people in that nation? I can't explain it any simpler.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:05 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
You are embarrassing yourself if you believe that American slavery wasn't about racial oppression. You are ignorant of reality and history.
Don't be obtuse. I schooled YOU on history. In the U.S., both Blacks and Whites owned Black and White slaves. Historical fact. I even posted citations.

Please don't devalue yourself by ignoring actual historical fact. Reading a few of the books I cited would help you to become better informed, as well.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:07 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,300,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Don't be obtuse. I schooled YOU on history. In the U.S., both Blacks and Whites owned Black and White slaves. Historical fact. I even posted citations.

Please don't devalue yourself by ignoring actual historical fact. Reading a few of the books I cited would help you to become better informed, as well.
You maybe schooled yourself using wikipedia.

You have no idea about American history and if you believe that the enslavement of Africans in America wasn't about racial oppression, you are ignorant of reality and history.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:
youve spent 20 posts on here going back and forth for hours over a dumb medallion, you care.

why, god only knows. i said from the jump that this was a pointless story

Old 04-08-2014, 11:10 AM

Quote:
I deny nothing. It has no meaning in the context of American culture. It has no history as a symbol of racial oppression of anyone.

Not one white American who sees that medallion recognizes or gives two damns about that medallion being a symbol of their oppression, of violence committed against them, of the state oppressing them, that is because that medallion has no historical, societal, personal meaning to them.

Therefore how can something that has no meaning to the people of a nation because it has no history to the people of a nation be a racist symbol for that nation or any group of people in that nation? I can't explain it any more simple.
Translation: Only whites can be racist. Gotcha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post

Come on IC you're talking about someone who believes that just because nobody knew that the medallion was racist, that it can't possibly be racist. What else did you expect? Nevermind the fact that it was pointed out in one of my previous posts.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
youve spent 20 posts on here going back and forth for hours over a dumb medallion, you care.

why, god only knows. i said from the jump that this was a pointless story

Well, when it's a bunch of hypocritical BS, I'm going to call it the way I see it! Just like when you folks hammer on someone who wears a Confederate Flag.

Do you also deny that it's a racist symbol, or do you only believe white people can be racist?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:22 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
You have no idea about American history and if you believe that the enslavement of Africans in America wasn't about racial oppression, you are ignorant of reality and history.
Again, because you persist in deliberately choosing to remain ignorant of U.S. history , BOTH Blacks and Whites owned Black and White slaves.

Here's another two books for you to read:
Jordan, Don and Michael Walsh. White Cargo: The Forgotten History of Britain's White Slaves in America
Akamatsu, Rhetta. The Irish Slaves: Slavery, indenture and Contract labor Among Irish Immigrants

Could you tell us who brainwashed you to believe that only Blacks were slaves and that only Whites owned slaves in the U.S?

Old 04-08-2014, 11:25 AM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,946 times
Quote:
Well, when it's a bunch of hypocritical BS, I'm going to call it the way I see it! Just like when you folks hammer on someone who wears a Confederate Flag.

Do you also deny that it's a racist symbol, or do you only believe white people can be racist?
no, its not racist. as iamme said, a symbol has to have power and meaning behind it. the confederate flag does, some medallion 99 percent of people never heard of before this article was published, does not. i have a hard time getting angry at something i did not even know existed, and i dont fake my outrage like white conservative males have with this logo.

Old 04-08-2014, 11:27 AM

41 posts, read 28,794 times
Quote:

That was my issue too. It isn't so much that Jay-z is wearing this medallion that may or may not make him a racist. It's the fact that people, well, White people have done far less and was not only accused of being a racist but nearly if not outright had their lives destroyed. You disagree with Obama?. RACIST!!!. Wear a medallion that may imply that white people are the devil?. What's the problem?

Again, it's not about the medallion, its the fact that no one else outside of the protected classes can hold beliefs nowhere near as extreme and not be destroyed by the PC thought-police.

It's the hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies