Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2014, 09:55 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,317,854 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The father is continuing his whining. MAYBE HE SHOULD BE LOCKED UP AND HAVE A MENTAL HEALTH EVALUATION. He might shoot up an NRA office.
Google puts his last (and only) public contact at Sunday, May 25th. So it's plain to see you're just making stuff up when you characterized him as "continuing his whining" as you so inelegantly put it.

He is under a great deal of stress right now. That doesn't translate to a need to be locked up.

Quote:
The man has chosen to enter the political arena. He is now fair game.
Wrong. He did not choose to enter the political arena. A mass murder that took his son threw him in the spotlight. Another person's very fresh and real grief is never fair game.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:55 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
He probably needs a mental health evaluation to ensure he is not a danger to himself or others.
Possibly.

And people who show no ability to empathize probably need mental health evaluations to ensure they are not a danger to themselves or others. Since the inability to empathize is symptomatic of sociopathy, a mental illness.

Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by voiceofreazon View Post
You call a man grieving the loss of his son that he's raised and watched grow into a man, "whining"?!
What an utterly despicable thing to say.
Well, as Joe the Plumber basically said, tough ****, your dead kid doesn't trump my gun rights. Which is pretty much the attitude we're seeing here on C-D. Now if your kid isn't agile enough to dodge a spray of bullets, too bad for you. Suck it up, whiner!

Old 05-28-2014, 10:01 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,830,486 times
Watching the first posted YouTube video of that guy, my impression is that he was raised to be very materialistic and probably never learned true human attachment. The girls, who refused to date him, had very good instinct.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyperthetic View Post
Control

What will it take to control the military and the police?
More than a few right-winger extremists taunting some guns. But have fun trying.

Old 05-28-2014, 10:07 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,124,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, as Joe the Plumber basically said, tough ****, your dead kid doesn't trump my gun rights. Which is pretty much the attitude we're seeing here on C-D. Now if your kid isn't agile enough to dodge a spray of bullets, too bad for you. Suck it up, whiner!
Yet, once again, it's all about the people who were killed with the gun...what about the parents children who were killed with the knife?

What I see is a bunch of fake outrage from the left, who cares about that....knives don't kill people...errr it does not fit our agenda...who cares about the kids who were killed with the knives...they should have been able to outrun them, right...

Or better yet..."What difference does it make at this point"?

Signed hillary...

Old 05-28-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yet, once again, it's all about the people who were killed with the gun...what about the parents children who were killed with the knife?

What I see is a bunch of fake outrage from the left, who cares about that....knives don't kill people...errr it does not fit our agenda...who cares about the kids who were killed with the knives...they should have been able to outrun them, right...

Signed hillary...
Am I missing something? Did Rodgers kill people with knives?

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post

Signed hillary...
Tell you what. When we reach the point where there is a mass stabbing on average every two weeks the way there is a mass shooting every two weeks in this country, I will give your complaint the credence it deserves.

10,581 posts, read 9,788,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Am I missing something?

Old 05-28-2014, 10:12 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,372,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
You know, I pretty much support gun rights with the necessity of better background checks and reasonable limitations. However, after reading many of the comments from the pro gun side as well as the DISGUSTING conspiracy theories about Sandy Hook, it seems there is a disturbingly large portion of the population who are more attached to their guns than they are to common sense or human empathy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies