Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2014, 11:50 AM

28,671 posts, read 18,795,274 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadian citizen View Post
Would this be a good time to point out that Canada, yes us little guys up here, has MORE oil in the ground than either Iraq or Saudi Arabia does ?

And we are your next door neighbour, and we are willing to sell oil to you are less than world price ?

Next time somebody starts complaining about having to go over there, to fight for oil, point out what I just wrote.

And add this point.............If the US Government decides to cancel the pipeline from Alberta to the southern States......we can all ways sell OUR oil to the rest of the world, at world market prices. As a matter of fact, we are currently discussing a pipeline from Alberta, to the west coast. That would be our choice to make, right?

As it stands right now , today.......Canada supplies about forty percent of the oil and natural gas that the US depends on to run it's economy. And we aren't a terrorist country, and it doesn't take super tankers to get our oil to your refineries, either. You need to approve that pipeline.

Jim B.

Toronto.[/quote]

Or the US should invade Canada. We'd only have to control the first 100 miles beyond our northern border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2014, 11:51 AM

675 posts, read 544,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
It's none of our business either way. I couldn't care less what they do to themselves.
So you cause a problem and it is not your business?

Strong logic

Old 06-19-2014, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by medellinheel View Post
They turned out just well. Actually went there twice this past year and had some of the most fun in my life and will be going back a few more times this yr. .
I've been there myself--was there during the People's Revolution.

If the Philippines was doing "well," considering the boost they should have gotten from American colonialization, by all measures that country should be superior to South Korea. But it's not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post

They also consider occupation by infidel troops to be in a constant state of war and terror.

In their opinion? It's better to be ruled by Muslims than by infidels.
Who the extremists? You realize they make up a minority of the population.

Just so happens they have the power and resources.

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
And add this point.............If the US Government decides to cancel the pipeline from Alberta to the southern States......we can all ways sell OUR oil to the rest of the world, at world market prices. As a matter of fact, we are currently discussing a pipeline from Alberta, to the west coast. That would be our choice to make, right?

As it stands right now , today.......Canada supplies about forty percent of the oil and natural gas that the US depends on to run it's economy. And we aren't a terrorist country, and it doesn't take super tankers to get our oil to your refineries, either. You need to approve that pipeline.

Jim B.

Toronto.
Or the US should invade Canada. We'd only have to control the first 100 miles beyond our northern border.[/quote]

I hope you weren't being serious?

Old 06-19-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
I've been there myself--was there during the People's Revolution.

If the Philippines was doing "well," considering the boost they should have gotten from American colonialization, by all measures that country should be superior to South Korea. But it's not.
Missing the point.

Philippines is a 1000 times better than Iraq.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Or the US should invade Canada. We'd only have to control the first 100 miles beyond our northern border.

I hope you weren't being serious?[/quote]

Too late...Canada has already invaded the US. We can tell because Canadians have taken over television.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:01 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
So you cause a problem and it is not your business?

Strong logic
The United States didn't cause a problem all by themselves. I believe England was the primary architect of the modern Middle East. And it's not as if the conflicts didn't exist prior to those decisions being made. If it's those decisions that you have an issue with, then invading and trying to enforce our values and sensibilities on the people of the Middle East is simply adding on to how they were wronged in the first half of the 20th Century. Logically, the best solution is to let them make the choices to resolve their differences and to find peaceful solutions to their conflicts. If they don't want peace, if they don't want democracy, then nothing we do is going to give them peace and democracy. They have to want it, and want it enough that it outweighs other considerations.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Missing the point.

Philippines is a 1000 times better than Iraq.
You missed the point. It ought to be better than South Korea.

Old 06-19-2014, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The United States didn't cause a problem all by themselves. I believe England was the primary architect of the modern Middle East. And it's not as if the conflicts didn't exist prior to those decisions being made. If it's those decisions that you have an issue with, then invading and trying to enforce our values and sensibilities on the people of the Middle East is simply adding on to how they were wronged in the first half of the 20th Century. Logically, the best solution is to let them make the choices to resolve their differences and to find peaceful solutions to their conflicts. If they don't want peace, if they don't want democracy, then nothing we do is going to give them peace and democracy. They have to want it, and want it enough that it outweighs other considerations.
How can they resolve their differences when they were forced into fake borders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies