Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 10:45 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,376,228 times

Advertisements

Indeed. Why does this debate always seem to come down to shaming women for their sexual impulses and holding them accountable for the consequences while letting the guys off the hook? A woman simply doesn't have the option of plausible deniability when the life created grows inside of her body. If we have all the responsibility, guys, that means we have ALL of the responsibility, up to and including whether or not to see the pregnancy through. That's just the way it is.

Old 06-22-2014, 11:36 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Liberals hate women so much that they find issue with any law that protects a fetus. That much is obvious.

Liberals are the scum and scourge of the nation.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:06 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Liberals hate women so much that they find issue with any law that protects a fetus. That much is obvious.

Liberals are the scum and scourge of the nation.
Yeah, liberals hate women so much that they want to give them control over their own bodies and their own lives. Conservatives, who want to dictate what they can and cannot do with their lives and their bodies based on what they believe is best for them, are the ones who really love and care about women.

Good grief. And you are so delusional you probably really believe that.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:13 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Indeed. Why does this debate always seem to come down to shaming women for their sexual impulses and holding them accountable for the consequences while letting the guys off the hook? A woman simply doesn't have the option of plausible deniability when the life created grows inside of her body. If we have all the responsibility, guys, that means we have ALL of the responsibility, up to and including whether or not to see the pregnancy through. That's just the way it is.
You have all the control, but not the responsibility. Guys have to pay 20-50% in child support even if the kid isn't theirs (if married) and if they don't pay they lose their license, ability to work if licensed, go to jail until it's paid. Let's keep in mind how this law came to pass. A woman was tricked into taking abortion pills and the state wasn't able to pursue murder charges based on existing law. The woman can still have kids, but she wanted his child support check and now she can't get that.

Woman doesn't want kid and aborts - she is being responsible.
Man doesn't want kid and aborts - gets murder charges.

I know, I know, the answer is to not have sex until you are ready to have a kid. Though I can't help but to laugh at the blatant hypocrisy. Conservatives rail against abortion stating that women should not have sex unless they are ready to have a baby. Then the (usually) pro choice people say that if a man doesn't want a kid they should not have sex.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:44 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
They didn't specify whether the bill was for abortion as well or just in a case where somebody randomly tries to kill someone's fetus.

Old 06-22-2014, 12:50 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,228,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Good. There is no excuse for abortion --- with all the many birth control methods available, and of course the surgical solution, if you would hate your child so much that you would want it killed, then get a vasectomy or tubal ligation. Or learn to use birth control.
There are lot's of excuses although I wouldn't call it an excuse, I'd call it being human. You see it in all aspects of life. Once you reach puberty and all this stuff is a possibility, you are also the least prepared to make good choices, by design.

When you get old and sit back to pontificate on all the things you expect people to do perfectly you also have to figure out how to make everyone's brain work like a well programmed computer in opposition to the body/mind/hormones/nature thing we have going on.

It's quite technical I'd imagine.

I would no more propose that we "let nature takes it course" everything in the human world than I would in the animal kingdom. I see some similarities between some pro lifers and PETA, both of which take a shallow view of what they think PERFECTION is but conveniently ignoring humanity as it really is. When you don't have to make REALITY part of your fantasy world all things seem reasonable. LOL.

Last edited by Ceece; 06-22-2014 at 01:00 PM..

Old 06-22-2014, 12:54 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,832,525 times
Does this mean Scott is going to adopt all the kids stuck in Florida's foster care system?

Old 06-22-2014, 01:04 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,401,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
What innocent person has been killed via the death penalty? Please do tell?

I'm sure many pro-lifers who are for the death penalty are for it only for though who have committed heinous crimes, but are against abortion because a child is innocent. Just like an innocent child, I seriously doubt any pro-lifers condone the killing of innocent men & women on death row. Many pro-lifers also do not support the death penalty as well...
You're kidding right? Why do you think Gov. Pat Quinn of Illinois abolished the death penalty? In Texas alone, the stories of legal counsel falling asleep or unprepared for death penalty cases are legend. Though the death penalty still has support among the people, that support has been shrinking.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:18 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,340,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
You have all the control, but not the responsibility. Guys have to pay 20-50% in child support even if the kid isn't theirs (if married) and if they don't pay they lose their license, ability to work if licensed, go to jail until it's paid. Let's keep in mind how this law came to pass. A woman was tricked into taking abortion pills and the state wasn't able to pursue murder charges based on existing law. The woman can still have kids, but she wanted his child support check and now she can't get that.

Woman doesn't want kid and aborts - she is being responsible.
Man doesn't want kid and aborts - gets murder charges.

I know, I know, the answer is to not have sex until you are ready to have a kid. Though I can't help but to laugh at the blatant hypocrisy. Conservatives rail against abortion stating that women should not have sex unless they are ready to have a baby. Then the (usually) pro choice people say that if a man doesn't want a kid they should not have sex.
NO. If a man doesn't want a kid, he needs to take responsibility for himself and make sure it is not possible for him to impregnate his partner. Any man who has unprotected sex is tacitly agreeing to becoming a father.

You are correct when you say that a woman, whose body is the incubator for 9 mos, controls whether or not the pregnancy continues.

Old 06-22-2014, 01:24 PM

1,138 posts, read 1,042,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Yea liberals hate women so much that they want to give them control over their own bodies and their own lives. Conservatives, who want to dictate what they can and cannot do with their lives and their bodies based on what they believe is best for them, are the ones who really love and care about women.

Good grief. And you are so delusional you probably really believe that.
I agree that his comment went a bit overboard, liberals are not bad people. They are good people, just with bad policies.

It's actually liberals who dictate what women can do with their bodies. Liberals want to ban smoking, large sodas, private gun ownership to protect their bodies, ban women from wearing a cross or other religious necklace on their bodies in Government buildings, and a whole lot of other Nanny Totalitarian things. The only thing that liberals are actually ''pro choice'' on is when it comes to a person wrongly choosing to kill another, in this case an innocent baby.

Conservatives don't care what women do with their bodies, we are actually more for women's rights than liberals are, as we want to protect the Right to Life of baby girls (and boys). As that baby has a separate body.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies