Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2014, 06:56 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,809 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
I think that if women didn't have abortion to fall back on, then most of then would better protect themselves to begin with.

yeah your wrong - about a few thousand ears of evidence says your wrong. Even the birth rates and unwanted baby rates through roe vs wade says your wrong. . . .Abortion is very sad and I don't like it, but it has been extremely beneficial to this country, its crime rate, and our way of life.

Though this story isn't about abortion. It says that you can be punished as if the fetus was alive if you kill the kid. I.e. the story here was a woman who was tricked into taking an abortion medication

Old 06-22-2014, 08:23 AM

2,234 posts, read 1,759,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
yeah your wrong - about a few thousand ears of evidence says your wrong. Even the birth rates and unwanted baby rates through roe vs wade says your wrong. . . .Abortion is very sad and I don't like it, but it has been extremely beneficial to this country, its crime rate, and our way of life.

Though this story isn't about abortion. It says that you can be punished as if the fetus was alive if you kill the kid. I.e. the story here was a woman who was tricked into taking an abortion medication
Really? Please explain this because this is new to me. I heard this in another thread from someone who had a similar argument, but I'll let you farther explain your opinion before I put word in your mouth. You only made an assertion w/o backing it up with more details... Please fill me in and I will respond. Please cite your sources.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:31 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,610,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
texas right to life is a trusted source of abortion and choice rights
Even other anti-choice organizations have called out Texas Right to Life for its egregious lying when it suits the organization and its coffers:

"The Texas Catholic Conference is compelled to publicly correct the misstatements and fabrications that continue to be perpetrated by the Texas Right to Life organization . . . "

http://www.txcatholic.org/images/doc...lative_Ltr.pdf

"The Texas Catholic Conference and Catholic Bishops of Texas, who supported Deuell’s bill, have debunked the claims. They said that Texas Right to Life “has tried to stoke fear through ridiculous claims of non-existent death panels and assertions that doctors are secretly trying to kill patients. Both claims are absurd.” The Catholic Conference also ripped Texas Right to Life for spreading “fabrications” about the position of Catholics on the issue. Deuell, who said his bill would have given patients and families new safeguards and lengthened the time to find a new facility when treatment for an ailing patient ends, attached a letter from the Texas Catholic Conference to his cease-and-desist letter. Deuell said other groups that will corroborate the “false and slanderous nature” of the ads are the Texas Alliance for Life, Christian Life Commission of the Southern Baptist Convention and Texas Medical Association."
http://trailblazersblog.dallasnews.c...rous-ads.html/

Old 06-22-2014, 08:47 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Still a slippery slope, legislating new "legal protection" for a "fetus at any stage of development".

In this case, it only applies to injuries caused by " criminal acts". But we all know where the religious loons want to take this.
Which is funny since the right-wing nuts are the same one who want "no guns laws, because it's a slippery slope." They just don't mind when the slippery slope supports their bigotry and denies a women control of her own body and puts here back in the kitchen - barefoot and pregnant - "where she belongs."

Keep up the work, RWNJ's and roll the nation back to the 1950's or 1850's - this will surely help you win the women's vote in 2016... idiots...

Old 06-22-2014, 08:50 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
Oh all those dirty, dirty, dirty whores!!! They just make you so mad, don't they!!!

Indeed... after all, according to the far right, "rape is another way of God providing us with children" - and let's not forget "legitimate rape," another right-wing lunatic's idea.

Truly, that party has no flippin' clue.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:52 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Originally Posted by Gurbie

Hmmm, if moral people who do not believe in murdering unborn babies are 'religious loons' then what are the immoral male and female promiscuous whores who jump into the sack with anyone every time they have a little itch,and choose to murder fetuses as their preferred method of birth control?

BTW, I am an atheist,and I do not support abortion!
Because moral, religious people never have abortions, yes? Come on. You are deceiving yourself here. For your reading pleasure: "The only moral abortion is MY abortion" by Joyce Arthur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoniDanko View Post
So we should support the killing of unborn children because the parents don't want to take care of their responsibility? Why don't we carry that logic even further? Why don't we just kill all of the poor and/or make it an arrestable offence when a woman who is below the poverty level gets pregnant? Or maybe we should have a system like China who punishes people who have more than 1 or 2 children, except lets only apply this to the poor? I mean, we don't NEED any more leaching poor Liberal democrats or their children in this country!

You know, there is no doubt in my mind that you and your ilk would advocate for exactly that.

Here's another thought. How about we treat women like we treat dead beat men who laid down, had sex, but do not want to handle their responsibilities by forcing women to work, garnishing most of their pay, suspending their licenses, locking them up, ruining their credit, etc. Why should the unborn child have to pay because mom doesn't want to face the consequences of having her legs open? Why should these irresponsible women be awarded with my and other hard working American's money to help pay for there irresponsibility?

Am I the only person who finds it freaky how often conservatives (often men) refer to women with 'their legs open'? It's a phrase you will find repeatedly on CD and over and over by conservatives.

Ugh. Creepy.

If abortion is going to remain legal, these women need to strip, work 2 jobs, or do what ever it is they have to do to pay for their own damn abortion OR be forced to, with the same consequences that are in place for men, pay to support and take care their own damn children... Just like with men, if they fall behind and need federal and state supplementation to help support their children, then mom AND dad should both be billed and have to pay that money back after their children are over 18 until the debt is paid. God forbid we hold women/mothers up to the same standards that we expect men to have when it comes to supporting their children with their own money.
Indeed. Your concern is touching and your apparent hatred of women is showing.

Old 06-22-2014, 08:56 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
Well, the thing about the abortion debate is that if you are going to call yourself "pro-life", then be consistent.

For instance, does the OP belief in the death penalty? If so, how can he be pro-life if he believes in state sanctioned killing? If anything studies have shown that the death penalty is flawed with innocent people killed. I do not mean to digress off the topic with this post.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Because moral, religious people never have abortions, yes? Come on. You are deceiving yourself here. For your reading pleasure:

Indeed. Your concern is touching and your apparent hatred of women is showing.
For one, my first paragraph was being sarcastic, but like most things, that went over your head. Two save the "I hate women" speech for someone who cares. That crap/tactic isn't going to work on me. Having your legs open is how most women have sex, but of course, you wouldn't know anything about that either. Lastly, I find it funny and telling that you ignore all the point I made and instead think by accusing me of hating women is going to win the argument for you. News flash, expecting women to use birth control and/or be ready to face and handle the consequence of there actions isn't hating women. I calling wanting these women to be more responsible for their actions.

Old 06-22-2014, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
Well, the thing about the abortion debate is that if you are going to call yourself "pro-life", then be consistent.

For instance, does the OP belief in the death penalty? If so, how can he be pro-life if he believes in state sanctioned killing? If anything studies have shown that the death penalty is flawed with innocent people killed. I do not mean to digress off the topic with this post.
What innocent person has been killed via the death penalty? Please do tell?

I'm sure many pro-lifers who are for the death penalty are for it only for though who have committed heinous crimes, but are against abortion because a child is innocent. Just like an innocent child, I seriously doubt any pro-lifers condone the killing of innocent men & women on death row. Many pro-lifers also do not support the death penalty as well...

Old 06-22-2014, 09:14 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Good. There is no excuse for abortion --- with all the many birth control methods available, and of course the surgical solution, if you would hate your child so much that you would want it killed, then get a vasectomy or tubal ligation. Or learn to use birth control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies