Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2008, 05:49 PM

1,509 posts, read 3,083,242 times

Advertisements

Then one possible compromise would be to make it legal only for those under 21. That way you can sow your wild oats and it becomes illegal when you grow out of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhyrnut View Post
for medical reasons only we have enough problems in the world why introduce ppl that can't control there normal habbits get more. most of us dabbled with it when younger but as we grew up we did this big thing called becoming responsable are there medical benifits to pot yes but beyond that no it makes ppl become berdins on society as a whole. have fun when young but when the time comes grow up.

Old 09-30-2008, 10:24 AM

6 posts, read 10,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Very much against it for Biblical reasons. I don't think anything good can come from it. I have seen the damage it has done to members of my family.
well maybe they were around yu to long

Old 09-30-2008, 10:26 AM

6 posts, read 10,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitokenshi View Post
I find it kind of odd how you could be driving drunk and all you get is a night in the drunk tank the most. You get caught in the park smoking you get a month or more in jail and a felony.
when yur driving drunk not only do yu get a nightt in the tank, you can get a felony, misdomeinor, **** like that. but yes im all for marijuana its a great way to pass the time

Old 09-30-2008, 12:44 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,549,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Very much against it for Biblical reasons.
Would you like to provide some scripture that supports this?

I can find some that might refute your claim, on the contrary.

Quote:
Genesis 1:29 And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Quote:
1 Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils;
1 Timothy 4:2 Speaking lies in hypocrisy; having their conscience seared with a hot iron;
1 Timothy 4:3 Forbidding to marry, and commanding to abstain from meats, which God hath created to be received with thanksgiving of them which believe and know the truth.
1 Timothy 4:4 For every creature of God is good, and nothing to be refused, if it be received with thanksgiving:
Quote:
John 8:32 And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:08 PM

37,453 posts, read 61,366,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Would you like to provide some scripture that supports this?

I can find some that might refute your claim, on the contrary.
Quote:
There is nothing better for a man, than that he should eat and drink, and that he should make his soul enjoy good in his labour. This also I saw, that it was from the hand of God.

I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life. And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.
May the hand of God bless you with the gift of God

Old 09-30-2008, 02:36 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
May the hand of God bless you with the gift of God
Shall we take your conversation over to the religion forum, mmkay?

Old 09-30-2008, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
I interpreted "gift of God" to be quite on topic, FWIW. Don't know if I'm reading it right or not.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:48 PM

37,453 posts, read 61,366,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karfar View Post
In this thread, beginning on the first page of the thread, beginning in post #6, is the first Reference to the Bible pertaining to the OP.

Then while still on the first page of this thread, post #9 again references it.

As do posts #11, #22, #30 and #38.

From the first page of posts, the Bible is being mentioned, and its relationship to the OP.

So after pages and pages of it, in fact 12 pages of it, in post 456, we wish to no longer include the Bible in this thread?

That is pretty amazing.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:52 PM

Being on the atheist/agnostic side of things, I don't have any problem bringing the Bible into this discussion. Genesis 1:29 makes its stand on the matter pretty clear.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:57 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,562,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
In this thread, beginning on the first page of the thread, beginning in post #6, is the first Reference to the Bible pertaining to the OP.

Then while still on the first page of this thread, post #9 again references it.

As do posts #11, #22, #30 and #38.

From the first page of posts, the Bible is being mentioned, and its relationship to the OP.

So after pages and pages of it, in fact 12 pages of it, in post 456, we wish to no longer include the Bible in this thread?

That is pretty amazing.
Hmm, well I haven't read the entire thread & if you read the OP, religion isn't mentioned in it. So yeah, take your religious speak over to the religion forum. Especially about pot, how the hell you can bring religion into pot, I'll never know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies