Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2014, 11:18 AM

3,216 posts, read 2,232,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Knowing what you are doing = morons not illegally stopping buses traveling on our roadways.
If the Federal government would notify cities when and where these children were going then these mistakes would not happen. But they choose to ambush these cities instead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2014, 11:19 AM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times
"Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Old 07-16-2014, 11:22 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toryturner View Post
If the Federal government would notify cities when and where these children were going then these mistakes would not happen. But they choose to ambush these cities instead.
They have been, as I said you seem uninformed, so hence do not try protesting you will be in the wrong place anyway. We have been informed here in Dallas since it first started and there have even been cityhall discussions on the matter, if you have not been notified they are not coming to your town, feel better?

Old 07-16-2014, 11:25 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
What the heck is an "undocumented worker"? There is no such lingo in our immigration laws. They are illegal aliens and yes there is much we can do to deter this invasion which has accelerated over the past decade or so and now this new influx of so-called minor children.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:27 AM

76 posts, read 57,741 times
Arizona xenophobes stop bus full of immigrant children...

Is there any evidence they are "xenophobes", and not just U.S. citizens angry over people coming into this country illegally?

They made a mistake. It is understandable, an a regrettable part of a situation where they can no longer trust their own government to obey its own laws.

Such mistakes will continue. If people could rely on their government to do its job, they would not have to stop buses on their own, since they would be confident that the government would never let people enter illegally and even transport them around within this country.

Wouldn't the best solution be to make government obey its own laws, instead of calling people names?

Old 07-16-2014, 11:30 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I do feel bad for the little ones............they are just a pawn in this whole game and don't realize it. So goes it though. I doubt dear leader will invite any of em up to the vinyards for cocktail hour. They are being planed and bussed all over, provided free lawyers, free food and housing and now they want what is it about 4 billion dollars to care for these border runners meanwhile our vets sit and die waiting for a doctor at the VA. Just sickening.
Exactly my thoughts about it.

I wonder if this will end or end somewhat when a new president takes office.

I wait for that day, but in the meantime, lots of destruction.

I'm going to put up a topic if I can get it here, about Obama vs the suburbs, something Rush Limbaugh was talking about. Basically, Obama said he was going to change America in his 2nd term. Since he feels people in the suburbs got lucky or rich enough to move to the nice clean suburbs, and the poor people were stuck in the city because they had no money or weren't lucky or didn't get a break like the suburbanites, he is starting to put in low income housing projects in the nice affluent suburbs, and this is under the table. let me see if I can link it in a new topic or maybe here in this one.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:32 AM

50,327 posts, read 47,088,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No. 1: Don't' "invite" them, as Obama did (he said if they came, they would not be turned back).
No. 2: Build the damn border fence that was supposed to have been built years ago.
No. 3: Use the National Guard to patrol the border (as has been suggested by many).
No. 4: Make Mexican border towns off limits to our military. Those towns depend on that money. Starve them.
No. 5: Refuse trade with Mexico. No more Mexican produce. If we can't do that, refuse to buy Mexican produce.
No. 6: End all US aid to any Central American country (or Mexico) until they end human trafficking.

I'm sure there are other things that can be done as well.
^THIS and demand to know what "deal" Mexico made with these Countries to fast track them here. They just passed the buck on this problem. These people were illegal aliens while they were in Mexico too. Is the Mexican Govt knowingly partaking in human smuggling for profit?

Old 07-16-2014, 11:33 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times
Here's one - the illegals are going to a resort -

http://nation.foxnews.com/2014/07/16...ts-sauna-pools

here's the war on suburbs -

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...War-on-Suburbs

Old 07-16-2014, 11:39 AM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's because Americans have been pushed to the limit and are angry so they are striking out. Mistakes can be made but that it understandable. It's the fault of our government if one wants to demonize or put the blame on anyone it belongs there. They aren't enforcing our immigration laws so what do you expect?

Xenophobia has nothing to do with it as we allow in over 1 million legal immigrants from all over the world annually.
Well, if Americans are angry at their government, they should take it up with the government, go after the powers that be. Don't go after children.

Old 07-16-2014, 11:42 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,247,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Have you contacted your elected representatives to have this law changed?
I have contacted them about DEPORTING ALL ILLEGALS.....But the law no...They haven't listened to me about deporting the illegals, what makes you think they would listen to me about changing the law?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies