Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2014, 06:35 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,825,694 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, the radicals remember their dead, but forget the all victims of terror attacks in Israel that caused the response that killed their friends and relatives. It's a vicious cycle that the both sides play a part in.

I wholeheartedly believe that Israel has done it's due diligences in it's efforts to work this out peacefully. You can't make peace with people that only want to see you dead. If the Palestinians want peace, they are going to have to deal with their people that want Israelis dead, because Israel can't do it by themselves.
1800 Palestinians have died in the current conflict. The vast majority were civilians.

60 Israelis died.

Doesn't this seem disproportionate to you?

Much of Gaza has been destroyed.

I'm not going to pretend that Israeli people have not been terrorized by the current conflict, but what has happened to ordinary, everyday Palestinians, has been worse. The consequences of what has happened are going to reverberate for a long time. And as usual, innocent people are going to pay the price.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:38 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,825,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
He's a comedian I happened to agree with. I agree with him because he has said it better than I do. That's all.

So just because he's a comedian, he has no right of an opinion. Everybody here on this very thread is giving an opinion. no?
I don't care about his opinion. I care about your responses to my points, and you don't seem to have any. You wanted me to agree that Hamas is really bad- duh. Of course it is. But by ignoring the secular leaders in the West Bank, Israel only gives Hamas more fuel, and more power.

People living under occupation and suppression will never just lie down and take it. They will always resist, and they will go down fighting. It's such a waste of life.

edit:

I'd like to add there is another reason I care so much about Israel and not as much about Hamas:

We give Israel THREE BILLION DOLLARS every year as a country. That's my tax money being used for questionable purposes.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:42 PM

39,276 posts, read 27,671,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
I don't care about his opinion. I care about your responses to my points, and you don't seem to have any. You wanted me to agree that Hamas is really bad- duh. Of course it is. But by ignoring the secular leaders in the West Bank, Israel only gives Hamas more fuel, and more power.

People living under occupation and suppression will never just lie down and take it. They will always resist, and they will go down fighting. It's such a waste of life.

edit:

I'd like to add there is another reason I care so much about Israel and not as much about Hamas:

We give Israel THREE BILLION DOLLARS every year as a country. That's my tax money being used for questionable purposes.
well, you dont care about my opinion because I've expressed my opinion many times already.

Israel is NOT the only wrong doer here. That's my opinion. DUH. End of the story for me. Palestinians should blame Hamas for starting the crap in the first place.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:51 PM

410 posts, read 398,866 times
Quote:
Israel is the party with power. Israel is a nation with one of the most sophisticated militaries in the world, and Hamas is a political organization with not much else to show for. As the party with power, the onus is on them to act in good faith. They do not. And I do believe that the disproportionate civilian deaths in the current conflict have shown the world that Israel is not a good "partner for peace."
Countries have long memories Zimar. If Hamas remembers the first Intifada, Israel also remembers the Six-day war. With such an history of mistrust, do you really expect Israel to be considerate when they were shown none?

Actions have consequences and war doesn't care about proportionality. If you launch rockets into a country, retaliation will ensue and it will be disproportionate (especially if your enemy is superior). Hamas should have thought about what their actions would unleash but if the following article is to be believed, war is exactly what they wanted.
What drove Hamas to take on Israel?

So given that Hamas is not concerned about the death and destruction in Gaza, the only resolution is for an external power to step-in. Egypt tried but was quickly sidelined. Only if the Arab-league weren't so impotent, they could have pressured Hamas to stop firing rockets and worked with the U.S/U.K/U.N to persuade Israel to find a peaceful solution.

Old 08-04-2014, 06:54 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,555,269 times
It was reported tonight that six U.N. schools have been bombed, after all of them had given their coordinates to the IDF. The U.N. director in Gaza stated the IDF has eyes in the sky EVERYWHERE and they should have ample proof that these schools were being used by Hamas for missile strikes, yet NO evidence has been presented, and the reason for this is because none of them were used by Hamas.

Now if we only have those high profile examples as evidence, that is bad enough, but what about all the aid workers and family members shot by snipers? What about all of the civilian structures and families homes bombed to bits?

This is not a war to punish Hamas, this is a war to inflict death, destruction and misery on almost 2 million innocent civilians.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:04 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,957,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
It was reported tonight that six U.N. schools have been bombed, after all of them had given their coordinates to the IDF. The U.N. director in Gaza stated the IDF has eyes in the sky EVERYWHERE and they should have ample proof that these schools were being used by Hamas for missile strikes, yet NO evidence has been presented, and the reason for this is because none of them were used by Hamas.

Now if we only have those high profile examples as evidence, that is bad enough, but what about all the aid workers and family members shot by snipers? What about all of the civilian structures and families homes bombed to bits?

This is not a war to punish Hamas, this is a war to inflict death, destruction and misery on almost 2 million innocent civilians.
So sad and pathetic that Israel chooses to go after the poor and helpless living in a prison instead of the moneyed interest and Billionaire Hamas leaders living in Qatar-it is always the innocents that suffer the most in wars.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:08 PM

39,276 posts, read 27,671,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
So sad and pathetic that Israel chooses to go after the poor and helpless living in a prison instead of the moneyed interest and Billionaire Hamas leaders living in Qatar-it is always the innocents that suffer the most in wars.
Pretty much. And with all fairness, Israel just create a new generation of people who hate them. This war will go on forever.

Old 08-04-2014, 07:14 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,663,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Before 1948, the term "Palestinians" meant the Jewish inhabitants of the area under the British Mandate.

Israel has non-Jewish citizens, the bulk of which are Arabs that have full rights of Israeli citizenship. So Israel isn't an apartheid state now and there is no reason for it to become one in the future.

That is not true. Many Palestinians do not have voting rights in Elections of the Israeli Knesset. Israel is functioning as an apartheid system.

Within the Green Line

5,463,071 Israeli Jews (citizens): have voting rights.
1,361,800 Palestinians (citizens): have voting rights.
318,200 non-Arab Christians, those listed as having no religion, and others (citizens): have voting rights.

East Jerusalem[*]

186,929 Jews (citizens): have voting rights
255,000 Palestinians (residents): no voting rights for Knesset elections (**); can vote in Jerusalem municipal elections.

* East Jerusalem and the surrounding towns were annexed to Israel in 1967, but the local Palestinian population was only given “residency” status; the same situation applies to the roughly 18,000 Druze in the Golan Heights, which was annexed to Israel in 1981.
** Some 3,500 Palestinians from East Jerusalem have received Israeli citizenship in the last decade and can therefore vote. Some 700 Druze received citizenship.

West Bank

325,500 Jews (citizens, living in Area C): have voting rights
1,855,115 Palestinians living in areas A, B, C: no voting rights

Gaza [***]

1,710,257 Palestinians: no voting rights.

[**** As noted, many view Gaza as a separate unit. However, Israel did acknowledge in Oslo the fact that Gaza and the West Bank are one territorial unit]

Total

7,659,000 people living in Israeli territory have voting rights, while 2,128,115 people have no voting rights. Altogether, one in every 4.5 people is denied political representation; this one person is almost always Palestinian. If Gaza is included, the number of unrepresented climbs to 3,820,372, or roughly one in every three people.
"

Who gets to vote in Israel’s democracy? | +972 Magazine

Old 08-04-2014, 07:25 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,518,653 times
Quote:
Israel is the party with power. Israel is a nation with one of the most sophisticated militaries in the world, and Hamas is a political organization with not much else to show for. As the party with power, the onus is on them to act in good faith. They do not. And I do believe that the disproportionate civilian deaths in the current conflict have shown the world that Israel is not a good "partner for peace."
Oh c'mon with this crap! Israel has acted in good faith by tolerating decades of missiles, suicide bombers, kidnappings, all by so-called Palestinians whether they be Fatah, Hezbollah, PLO or later Hamas. They let loose the dogs of war once every couple of decades and are condemned by the likes of you for not showing good faith.

Showing good faith to an Arab bent on your total eradication would be nothing short of suicide. How many atrocities in the name of so-called Palestinians committed against Israel does it take to equate to Israel "showing good faith".

Dear god where do your kind come from? You demand nothing short of Israel showing restraint and reason while ignoring decades of Arab atrocities.

I'm beginning to get the idea you expect compassion from only those you believe have the genetic coding to equip them with it.

Are you so convinced so-called Palestinians lack the ability to apply logical thinking and reason to their situation so as to prevent them sitting down and discussing a two state solution with acknowledgment that Israel has a right to exist and this conviction precludes you demanding equal restraint, logic and compassion from the so-called Palestinians.

Finally: if an American desiring some excitement and adventure decided to fly over to Gaza and fight on behalf of the so-called Palestinians, would you also refer to he/she as a "Palestinian?" Just asking because a country virtually comprised of émigrés from neighbouring Arab countries who arrived there after the 1948 creation of Israel does not a Palestine make. What it makes instead is a cesspool full of Jew hating azzhats all moving into a war zone to fulfill some twisted personal agenda.

Exactly what would any Kuwaiti citizen, for example, find entrancing about Gaza to entice him to uproot his family and move there if it is supposedly as bad as you and others make it out to be if for no other reason but to pick up rocks to throw at Israelis???

Old 08-04-2014, 07:31 PM

10,553 posts, read 9,663,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, you dont care about my opinion because I've expressed my opinion many times already.

Israel is NOT the only wrong doer here. That's my opinion. DUH. End of the story for me. Palestinians should blame Hamas for starting the crap in the first place.

You could just as well say that Israel "started it", with it's blockade and seige of Gaza, restricting the food, water, sewage services, education, employment, medical supplies and services, and freedom of movement and self-determination of the Palestinians of Gaza.

3000 rockets have been fired from Gaza to Israel. The vast majority have landed in the desert, not close to any settled areas, totally ineffectual. The "dome" system protects Israel from rockets that have better aim. Israeli citizens have bomb shelters and places to retreat to. The Gaza citizens do not.

It is an unfair fight and you know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies