Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 05:54 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,598,551 times

Advertisements

Wait a minute.. so this investigation shows that nothing was done wrong?

I cannot believe it.

more lies from the government.

if these Repubs who have the golden opportunity to change things come January, and if they do nothing to help America, i will just be apathetic forever. They have one chance, if they blow it, I'm over it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2014, 07:16 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
So now it's over right, Trey Gowdy's new and improved Benghazi's hearings can cease. I'm sure Issa will agree that it's over.

Rep. Gowdy To Lead New Benghazi Committee In First Public Hearing : NPR

Old 11-22-2014, 07:20 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,174,016 times
The little peons who lived the stand down directive are just run over and ignored.. we know how that goes.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014...thats-not-all/

Old 11-23-2014, 07:16 AM

57,317 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Well I guess it's not quite over for some, Lindsey Graham continues..............................

Quote:
A leading Republican wants to expand the House investigation into the 2012
Benghazi terrorist attack by adding a Senate probe, as a new House Intelligence
Committee report Friday concluded that the initial CIA assessment found no
demonstrations prior to the assault and a primary purpose of the CIA operation
in eastern Libya was to track the movement of weapons to Syria.

The report described the attack as “complex” with the attackers affiliated
with Al Qaeda. It also said the initial CIA assessment concluded there were no
demonstrations outside the State Department Consulate in Eastern Libya.

Referring to the House Select committee Chairman, and the Democratic ranking
member, Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-SC, said the current House investigation should
be expanded.
House Intel Committee: Benghazi not escalation of peaceful protest - Dr. Rich Swier

Old 11-23-2014, 08:02 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Well I guess it's not quite over for some, Lindsey Graham continues..............................

House Intel Committee: Benghazi not escalation of peaceful protest - Dr. Rich Swier
The very 1st paragraph in the article:

"The Obama Administration narrative is definitively torpedoed in this report — and yet the mainstream media, even more craven and dishonest than usual, is spinning the report as an exoneration of Obama."

Last edited by jazzarama; 11-23-2014 at 08:17 AM..

Old 11-23-2014, 08:16 AM

11,185 posts, read 6,511,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The House Intelligence Committee, led by Republicans, has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, said Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena, the second-ranking Democrat on the committee.

Thompson said the report "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given.

House panel: No administration wrongdoing in Benghazi attack - SFGate

Meanwhile, the GOP House leadership has given the House Committee on Benghazi $3.3 million of our taxpayer dollars so they can continue the "investigation." Hearings resume in September. Because, you know, there's nothing of importance happening in the country that needs their attention.

This is what gerrymandered districts gets us. We have at least two more years of this nonsense.
The 1st sentence is a fib.

The report is from the chairman and ranking member of the committee, an R and a D.

Both of them are among 8 members of Congress briefed on secret operations in Benghazi.

Since high-ranking R's were part of the weapons-running operation out of Benghazi, I don't think Gowdy, Issa or anyone else can reach the truth.

Old 11-23-2014, 08:34 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

And they will continue without missing a beat. Seven investigations resulting in numerous reports that there is no scandal here, but the right will ignore them all and push on, still looking for that pony under all their crap. They have already squandered $14 million on this particular witch hunt, with no end in sight.

Can someone please tell me when these self-proclaimed "fiscally responsible Conservatives" will actually start to act fiscally responsible? I've long ago given up on the notion that they have any desire to actually govern.

Old 11-23-2014, 10:08 AM

803 posts, read 1,668,734 times
Love how Fox News handled this.

Fox News Barely Covers House Intel Benghazi Report Ed Henry | Mediaite

Old 11-23-2014, 10:12 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,805,597 times
Everyone knows that King Obama ordered the attack in Benghazi. Just ask any right wing conservative.

Old 11-23-2014, 11:48 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,330,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
"Osama Bin Laden is dead and Al-Quaeda is on the run"
-- Obama

"it was because of a youtube video"

These will always ring out in my ear as those of many others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies