Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,299,963 times

Advertisements

I've noted all along that the only thing the administration could really be faulted for was the lie about the movie. That this was a case of the lie being more damaging than simply stating the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2014, 10:08 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,306,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I've noted all along that the only thing the administration could really be faulted for was the lie about the movie. That this was a case of the lie being more damaging than simply stating the truth.
There was no lie from the administration about the movie. They talking point came directly from the CIA based on the multiple riots occurring in multiple cities on the basis of that video.

Also, the guy that people say was the mastermind of the attacks in Benghazi said it was about the video.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:13 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,064,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Ehm - no? Bill O'Reilly, Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck come to mind - all commented on the stand down order that didn't happen. Darrel Issa ran with it. Fox News ran the stand-down myth as pretty much gospel for months on end. Sean Hannity mentioned it as a given when interviewing Dick Cheney. Googloing "stand down benghazi" provides a who's who of prominent right-wingers.
It's too late to protest that it was always about whether the attack was due to a video that had a dozen of other embassies under siege by angry mobs.
I wouldn't know since I don't watch those guys.
Most regular, non-celebrity citizens always had the problem with the stupid video story and downplaying of the terrorism component. Nothing has changed on this. This was discussed on this board extensively, and was the controversy surrounding the presidential debate where Candy Crowley stepped in to "help" her guy.

Quote:
Many did.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:20 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,882,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
The House Intelligence Committee, led by Republicans, has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing by the Obama administration in the 2012 attack on the U.S. Consulate in Benghazi, Libya, that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, said Rep. Mike Thompson of St. Helena, the second-ranking Democrat on the committee.

Thompson said the report "confirms that no one was deliberately misled, no military assets were withheld and no stand-down order (to U.S. forces) was given.

House panel: No administration wrongdoing in Benghazi attack - SFGate

Meanwhile, the GOP House leadership has given the House Committee on Benghazi $3.3 million of our taxpayer dollars so they can continue the "investigation." Hearings resume in September. Because, you know, there's nothing of importance happening in the country that needs their attention.

This is what gerrymandered districts gets us. We have at least two more years of this nonsense.
Yep, pretty obvious that the Witches got to 'em.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:28 AM

24,621 posts, read 19,202,765 times
Quote:
The House Intelligence Committee, led by Republicans, has concluded that there was no deliberate wrongdoing ....
That's the unclassified version of the report.

What does the classified version say?

No "deliberate wrong-doing" is not the same as "no wrong-doing" or "did not act irresponsibly" or "was not incompetent" or "did not display malfeasance".

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
I thought all the controversy was afterward,....
You don't get paid to think.

What was Stevens doing in Benghazi?

Don't think too hard.

Quote:
The stand-down and related talk was all by the victims' families and a few others.
And a few others who were there and barred from testifying.

If you recall, the Least Transparent Administration in history originally refused to even release the names of those who were there.

Quote:
Isn't it amusing how normally the Benghazi threads are so active they had to be consolidated and stickied at the top of the page, but when a report comes out that exonerates the administration of any wrongdoing there isn't a rightwinger to be seen?
Well, it is a Sunday in August and you're not exactly the most credible poster.

Quote:
I've noted all along that the only thing the administration could really be faulted for was the lie about the movie.
But you aren't qualified to make that assessment.

Concluding...

Mircea

Old 08-04-2014, 10:28 AM

47,021 posts, read 26,080,752 times
Quote:
Most regular, non-celebrity citizens always had the problem with the stupid video story and downplaying of the terrorism component.
I beg to differ - that was not the media narrative sold in the first many, many months.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:31 AM

13,308 posts, read 7,886,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happytexan View Post
where have i ever posted that i hang on to every word of issa ?

We waste tens of millions or maybe even hundreds of millions on these dog and pony shows that congress calls "investigations". And for what ?

Let's take a real incident of wrongdoing that should have been punished.

The cdc sent the deadly strain of bird flu to a usda testing lab instead of the mildest strain.
All the chickens in the usda test lab died.

Six months pass before the usda calls the cdc and tells them what they did..six months.

So congress starts asking questions.
The cdc can't answer any of them because they destroyed everything (as is called for in lab procedures).
Their logs weren't detailed enough to figure out how the wrong strain of flu got sent.
The usda didn't know why they waited 6 months to report this.

Now tell me why heads didn't roll ?
Both the cdc and the usda knew exactly what people were working on this, what people made the vials at the cdc, what people injected the birds at the usda, etc.

And no one got in trouble. Both the usda and cdc came back to congress before the hearings ended saying they would "tighten up their procedures"..the typical answer all agencies give.

And that was that..
The Science of Coverted Incompetence

Savescape the Honorable Goat.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:36 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,306,289 times
The level of conservative insanity continues to amaze.

conservatives seem to just disappear reality.

The video, exists, there were multiple riots in multiples nations because some Muslims were upset about that video.

This is objective reality. This was widely reported and covered.

Yet in conservative land it's like the video didn't exist or that many Muslims in many different nations didn't riot and say it was because of the video.

But it is truly disturbing how conservatives seem to just disappear objective reality.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,382,574 times
So they conclude that Obama is incompetent, not criminal. I feel so much better now.

Old 08-04-2014, 10:52 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,890,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Where have I ever posted that I hang on to every word of Issa ?

We waste tens of millions or maybe even hundreds of millions on these dog and pony shows that Congress calls "investigations". And for what ?

Let's take a real incident of wrongdoing that should have been punished.<snip, off topic>
Go start a thread on the CDC then, instead of attempting to divert this one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies