Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2014, 06:21 PM

13,255 posts, read 12,129,807 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
I agree that not all the protesters are looters, but some of them are. Even MSNBC has admitted that much.

But honestly, I'm not mad at any of them. I understand that a lot of this activity is backlash against years of enduring poverty and political disenfranchisement. I get that. But everyone needs to wait for the investigation to be complete before they assume the police officer was wrong in this case.

All we know so far is that Brown allegedly committed a robbery and then assaulted a police officer and died as a consequence. The initial autopsy and forensic evidence supported the police officers version of the story and the Brown family didn't like that, so they asked for another autopsy. Which they were granted by the feds. Let the process play itself out before judging anyone.
You don't know the bold. Your making that up. The only person saying that is the defendent.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-17-2014 at 06:50 PM.. Reason: edited quoted post

Old 08-17-2014, 06:23 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,016,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
I think it's historical. The history of police violence and unfair treatment of blacks is long and bloody.
How about the unfair violence blacks perpetrate on blacks. THAT is long and bloody as well but you don't see rioting/looting over that, in fact other than some news blurbs and a couple ratings grabber talking heads it's not talked about much at all.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:24 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,972,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Convincing evidence is more likely to come from, autopsy, ballistics, blood spatter, finger prints, photo-video and voice recordings, DNA and etc..
Just thought I'd throw that out while all the speculation is in play.
I agree. I'm delighted the FBI is involved They will find out what really happened, and their involvement should prevent a whitewashing of it.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
I agree. I'm delighted the FBI is involved They will find out what really happened, and their involvement should prevent a whitewashing of it.
Don't bet on it as everything they find has to go through Holder the magnificent for interpretation.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:27 PM

10,020 posts, read 8,635,195 times
The looters even broke into a church just so they could tunnel thru a wall and get to a pawn shop next door. The Lord is going to have to get a gun to protect his property. Very sad.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:30 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
Wow.

Then maybe you shouldn't be discussing this incident since you don't like to review evidence. That's kinda key in solving any case.

You don't want to look at all evidence is a better way to put it. Just be real.
Statements to media are not Evidence, they're not Testimony. The autopsies, sworn statements, things like that, will be evidence.

I understand you want and need to believe this was murder. Though you'd like everyone to agree it was murder, not everyone has your passion for the Facts to turn out one way or another.

Old 08-17-2014, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Everyone including school personal, friends and associates have said the same thing. He had no prior record.

Now if your arguing he's a criminal NOW. Well then the same could be said about the cop.
No, no it can't.
Nobody has come up with any evidence that the cop did anything wrong (or right for that matter).
How about what you said earlier about "let's wait and see"?

Old 08-17-2014, 06:35 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,329,046 times
Quote:
You don't know the bold. Your making that up. The only person saying that is the defendent.
Actually, I'm not. In the end I suppose we will all find out the truth. If the police officer was unjustified in his actions, then he should prosecuted accordingly. If the police officer acted in self-defense, as the evidence indicates, then he should be allowed to return to work.

The Feds are involved and they will get to the bottom of things. Hopefully soon, so the "protesters" will stop raiding the stores and businesses of innocent people who had nothing to do with this shooting.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-17-2014 at 06:53 PM.. Reason: changed color

Old 08-17-2014, 06:36 PM

15,637 posts, read 10,393,078 times
I read Brown had no prior adult record. "#STL County Prosecutors office confirms that Michael Brown had no adult criminal record."

He was 18 years old, right? When does one become an adult and no longer a juvenile in eyes of the legal system?

Old 08-17-2014, 06:37 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Yeah, but you really need to list the first one to go on public TV and address the American people. Richard Nixon and I am not a crook is priceless to those of us who saw it. Over 40 years and politics doesn't change.
"not one smidgen of corruption"
--- Barack Obama

Yep, politics doesn't change even when the politician runs on Hope & "Change".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies