Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2014, 09:07 AM

18,391 posts, read 19,027,378 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
in the first place, the RIGHT that is inshirned in the constitution... a right the constitution states is NOT given by government... rather is innate to the human condition is the RIGHT to practice ones religious belief as one sees fit.

There is no inshrined right establshied that forces a person to violate their religious belief to create a T-shrit that is directly opposed to moral standards that are thousands of years old.

in the second place, there is no "right" to gay marriage. There is only an effort on the part of some to change existing law... that is vastly older than the Republic to ALLOW gay marriage.

As for abortion, it has long been the stance of pro-life people that the innocent are to be protected. babies in the womb are generally innocent. "RIGHTS" as a general rule are what conservatives are FIGHTING FOR when they seek to allow a human being to LIVE.

the right in the constitution is not given by government but is innate to the human condition? I disagree, it is the government that set down the "right". just because humans should be free to do as they please doesn't mean they are, our country has laws and in america everyone is equal.

there may be no right to gay marriage but there is a right to equal treatment which is what gay marriage is about. doesn't matter how old "marriage" is. if straights can marry the person they are attracted to so can homosexuals.

abortion is about privacy. it is not your business how sally at the local wallmart controls her reproductive organs.

want to maintain your bigotry do not open a business that serves the public.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2014, 09:13 AM

4,582 posts, read 3,409,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
open a business open to the public, then serve the public...all of it or go into another line of work. easy.

I would create 10-20 fake customers who happened to demand t-shirts of the most offensive nature possible. Even send out 30-40 free ones. And if/when the outrage hits just play the "sorry judge said we have to" card.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Wow..never figured a tshirt company would get tangled up in gay rights.
Government has legislated morality now and businesses will have to pony up or close up.

Doesn't matter what your belief system is when you run a business.
It's discrimination if you don't do their bidding.
It doesn't matter if you are a conservative Christian, can you imagine them forcing a Muslim owned business to print "pork, the other white meat" t shirts or one with a Mohamed cartoon on it? Of course not.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:15 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
the right in the constitution is not given by government but is innate to the human condition? I disagree, it is the government that set down the "right". just because humans should be free to do as they please doesn't mean they are, our country has laws and in america everyone is equal.

there may be no right to gay marriage but there is a right to equal treatment which is what gay marriage is about. doesn't matter how old "marriage" is. if straights can marry the person they are attracted to so can homosexuals.

abortion is about privacy. it is not your business how sally at the local wallmart controls her reproductive organs.

want to maintain your bigotry do not open a business that serves the public.
So, you would agree that the government should force a black family business to print up racist shirts for the KKK?

Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you would agree that the government should force a black family business to print up racist shirts for the KKK?
hate speech is illegal. a retail business should serve the public, in america everyone is equal. you don't want to make a wedding cake for gays or serve a black or jewish person then go ahead but you shouldn't be surprised at the backlash.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:19 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
So, you believe the courts should be able to force a business owned by a black family to print shirts for the local KKK that say, "Black people are not human and should have no rights."?

You actually believe the government should force that action?
The poster won't reply. It's not all or none with them. They cherry pick what is right.
Hypocrites all of them.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
The poster won't reply. It's not all or none with them. They cherry pick what is right.
Hypocrites all of them.

I did reply happy.

Old 10-08-2014, 09:24 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,880,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
I would create 10-20 fake customers who happened to demand t-shirts of the most offensive nature possible. Even send out 30-40 free ones. And if/when the outrage hits just play the "sorry judge said we have to" card.
Now that is the best idea I've seen in this thread.

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
I did reply happy.
I saw that..my apologies.

I guess anything regarding a race or religion could be deems hate speech and not allowed.

But they could get "The KKK shall rise to power again" and the owners would have to do that job now.

7,359 posts, read 5,464,526 times
Quote:
open a business open to the public, then serve the public...all of it or go into another line of work. easy.
Sure. It's easy because you already agree with it. It's always easy when it's someone else's freedoms being taken away rather than your own.

But I've seen your comments on abortion before, so let's try this one: Let's just make abortion illegal. Don't want that child of unwanted pregnancy? Just give it up for adoption.

Is it still easy?

Somehow I doubt it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies