Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-05-2014, 09:47 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Almost 40 years.

Kind of hard to get worked up about a vaccine for a virus that previously killed only a small number of people in very remote locations , during the occasional outbreak.
One misgiven is that vaccines are an "enrichment".

Don't get me wrong, they DO enrich corporations (persons without morals).

The Government, too, is an immoral person.

Wait till the Supreme Court gets around to self-identification.

Psychopaths rule the world.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-05-2014 at 10:02 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2014, 10:31 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,547,733 times
Is the media allowed to report on Ebola now that the election is over?

Or are they still censoring?

Old 11-05-2014, 10:59 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
Is the media allowed to report on Ebola now that the election is over?

Or are they still censoring?
Censoring? CNN and Fox went Ebola time, all the time for awhile there. Any politician or other person willing to fear monger for gain had their shot.

Nurse Hickox had her 15 minutes of fame and is avoiding public places. Thus far neither she nor her partner has developed symptoms.

Dr Spencer appears to be on the mend , n NY. It's been 20 days since he returned to the U.S. via a connecting flight and was out and about. Thus far no one, including his fiancé, have developed symptoms from bowling balls or shoes, subways or proximity to the MD.

All is quiet until the next Ebola diagnosis. US people generally have no interest in the death toll in Africa.

Old 11-05-2014, 11:06 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,028,329 times
Quote:
Censoring? CNN and Fox went Ebola time, all the time for awhile there. Any politician or other person willing to fear monger for gain had their shot.

Nurse Hickox had her 15 minutes of fame and is avoiding public places. Thus far neither she nor her partner has developed symptoms.

Dr Spencer appears to be on the mend , n NY. It's been 20 days since he returned to the U.S. via a connecting flight and was out and about. Thus far no one, including his fiancé, have developed symptoms from bowling balls or shoes, subways or proximity to the MD.

All is quiet until the next Ebola diagnosis. US people generally have no interest in the death toll in Africa.
Actually, the AP (I believe) did say that officials asked them to not report on any possible Ebola cases and only report on confirmed ones. Believe that is the reference in question.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:16 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Actually, the AP (I believe) did say that officials asked them to not report on any possible Ebola cases and only report on confirmed ones. Believe that is the reference in question.
I recall that Forbes contributer, David Kroll said the AP agreed to not report on suspected cases until Ebola was confirmed. Did the AP acknowledge this?

What purpose was served by asking the man on the street if he feared acquiring Ebola from a bowling ball?

What purpose was served by creating the impression that there were direct flights full of infected Africans between the affected countries and the U.S.?

What purpose was served by ignoring that all WHO members agreed to a treaty in 2005-6 to not ban travel?

Other than ratings and potential political gain, what purpose did the abundance of fear mongering serve?

Assuming the AP was asked to behave in a responsible manner befitting the profession, kudos to the Ebola Czar.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
I recall that Forbes contributer, David Kroll said the AP agreed to not report on suspected cases until Ebola was confirmed. Did the AP acknowledge this?

What purpose was served by asking the man on the street if he feared acquiring Ebola from a bowling ball?

What purpose was served by creating the impression that there were direct flights full of infected Africans between the affected countries and the U.S.?

What purpose was served by ignoring that all WHO members agreed to a treaty in 2005-6 to not ban travel?

Other than ratings and potential political gain, what purpose did the abundance of fear mongering serve?

Assuming the AP was asked to behave in a responsible manner befitting the profession, kudos to the Ebola Czar.
Sorry, had to stop laughing so hard before I could type again. It was the last sentence. Kudos to the Ebola Czar??? NO ONE could say what he's been doing because he's so invisible that it makes wonder if he's even still around. Seriously that was some of the worst spin I've ever seen from someone.

Old 11-05-2014, 12:22 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,873,743 times
Quote:
Sorry, had to stop laughing so hard before I could type again. It was the last sentence. Kudos to the Ebola Czar??? NO ONE could say what he's been doing because he's so invisible that it makes wonder if he's even still around. Seriously that was some of the worst spin I've ever seen from someone.
I agree.

Old 11-05-2014, 01:02 PM

4,176 posts, read 4,671,879 times
Quote:
It took me all of 4 seconds on google news to find this:

Here's what Ebola czar Ron Klain has been up to | MSNBC

Just because you think he isn't active doesn't mean he isn't active. Should he go on TV and jump up and down like a monkey just so breathless conservatives know he's working?

Old 11-05-2014, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Globe199 View Post
It took me all of 4 seconds on google news to find this:

Here's what Ebola czar Ron Klain has been up to | MSNBC

Just because you think he isn't active doesn't mean he isn't active. Should he go on TV and jump up and down like a monkey just so breathless conservatives know he's working?
Seriously, laughing SO hard now. Even this article says that NO ONE can tell what this guy has been doing. But really, MSNBC acting like the extension of the White House press secretary's office. Shocker, I tell ya!

Old 11-05-2014, 01:36 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,796,716 times
Quote:
WHO only declared Ebola a emerging international threat in August, less than three months ago.
Your point?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies