Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2014, 06:04 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,589,701 times

Advertisements

I respect everybody's opinion, but let's face it, He didn't say that homosexuality is a gift from a Christian God.

Let's be fair here, Genesis 1:27 So God created mankind in his own image,

God must created gay people in his image.. To me, God is universal, it is just a high being. I am a Christian, but if a gay person wants to understand and gets to know a Christian God, who am I to tell him no.

I personally don't respect Tim Cook, I love apples, but let's face it, everybody knew he was gay. Why coming out now. Could it be mid term election? He's rich, he is a CEO, what exactly does he want to prove? A gay loser is still loser. Not like every gay teen can become future apple CEO. Nobody really cares he is gay or not. Really.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:29 PM

2,776 posts, read 3,594,389 times
Sexual orientation is fixed at birth, why be proud of something you literally had nothing to do with?

Old 10-30-2014, 06:33 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Gay? God?

In the same sentence?

It contradicts itself.
to each his own. Someday he will have to answer to his sins. He has no clue about the Bible, I hope someone can show him the Love of God and how to live a Godly Life.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:39 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,216,697 times
His words don't change my opinion of Apple products. Love my iPhone 5s and most especially my Macbook Pro. 4 Years old and it is as fast today as the day I took it out of the box. 0 issues whither product and excellent customer support. I needed support due to my lack of understanding of the Mac system. My wife has an iPad 3 years old and 100% loves it.
Why he felt the need to advertise his personal life, I have no idea.

Old 10-30-2014, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
His words don't change my opinion of Apple products. Love my iPhone 5s and most especially my Macbook Pro. 4 Years old and it is as fast today as the day I took it out of the box. 0 issues whither product and excellent customer support. I needed support due to my lack of understanding of the Mac system. My wife has an iPad 3 years old and 100% loves it.
Why he felt the need to advertise his personal life, I have no idea.
lol exactly. Hope he can give us straight folks some discount. That is more important to me.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:07 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,849,790 times
No one really cares but Tim, his fans, and those who want to continue to wave the well worn banner.

Nothing to see here...move along.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:15 PM

993 posts, read 1,766,971 times
Yawn.

Another thread where heterosexuals whine about someone being open about their sexuality... as if they never are . If people actually didn't care (like you all seem to be saying), then it wouldn't be news. However, the religious right seems to be on a mission to make life as miserable as possible for every gay person.

I mean, for the love of god, all he did was say in ONE LETTER, that he was gay. That's it. Now he's somehow shoving his personal life in your faces? Get over it. It's not like he's chaining you down and forcing you to watch a sex tape of him and another guy. You are the one jumping to the bedroom.

Here's a great little summary that someone posted a while ago about pride and things, I can't remember who though:
Quote:
The intention of pride was always to acknowledge the struggles and the progress for LGBT people, and to provide a safe environment in which they can be themselves and celebrate who they are fact, a way of getting away from the perpetual demonising that was once far more prevalent than it is now.

The reason we don't see straight pride parades is because society has a tendency not to throw up hurdles or persecute people BECAUSE they happen to be straight. The privileged don't need to celebrate their privilege just because others who have faced difficulties (often imposed by people in positions of both power and privilege) elect to celebrate their history and who they are. These parades didn't start up just because people happened to be gay and thought "let's have parades!", they were a result of centuries of systemic oppression, degradation and institutionalised brutality finally being overturned.

I'd also have to point out that "blasting sexuality in everyone's face" is not exclusive to homosexuals. Heterosexuals seldom consider it because of their position of privilege but guess what? Every day, in almost every setting, we all see heterosexuals "flaunting" their heterosexuality, holding the hands of their partners, sharing a wee kiss or simply talking about their wife or husband, etc. So to an extent, I can see why these parades take a "deal with it" attitude. We're quite happy getting on with our day regardless of what you do, so long as you're not hurting anyone. We deserve that same basic respect back, and if it won't be given freely you shouldn't be surprised when some will be vocal in their defiance.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
Yawn.

Another thread where heterosexuals whine about someone being open about their sexuality... as if they never are . If people actually didn't care (like you all seem to be saying), then it wouldn't be news. However, the religious right seems to be on a mission to make life as miserable as possible for every gay person. :
Reality check, nobody really cares. He announced it himself right before midterm election.

YAWN. everybody knew he was gay. EVERYBODY, especially in the tech world. He came out a long time ago, he has to come out again? really?

No one cares.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:28 PM

993 posts, read 1,766,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Reality check, nobody really cares. He announced it himself right before midterm election.

YAWN. everybody knew he was gay. EVERYBODY, especially in the tech world. He came out a long time ago, he has to come out again? really?

No one cares.
Actually, a lot of people care. I care. When the CEO of one of the most successful companies comes out and says that he is gay, he serves as a role model to all of the other gay people feeling oppressed and down about who they are. Homophobes also care.

While everyone may have assumed he was gay, he wasn't open about it himself, which is what is the most important.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC01 View Post
Actually, a lot of people care. I care. When the CEO of one of the most successful companies comes out and says that he is gay, he serves as a role model to all of the other gay people feeling oppressed and down about who they are. Homophobes also care.

While everyone may have assumed he was gay, he wasn't open about it himself, which is what is the most important.
I respectfully disagree with you. I don't care, I really don't. I am in California, I am an artist. 60% of my friends perhaps are bisexual. LOL Artists friends that is. It is really no big deal.

What bothers me about this news is he must come out right before midterm election. Makes me think he has hidden agenda.

Anderson Cooper is a gay role model is you ask me because he always carries himself with dignity.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies