Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2014, 10:15 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,650,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Male/female sex is natural; it isn't a perversion. And most parents do not "do it" when the children are around to interrupt. That is just plain common sense.

Even so, kids learn about sex at a younger age today, so even if they did "walk in" on their parents, I doubt it would traumatize them.
Just worry about practicing what you preach, if you are. What the rest of the consenting world does in private is none of your business.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:31 AM

2,903 posts, read 3,459,004 times
Quote:
In fairness, he/she/it was responding to a comment I made to the effect that homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt kids, because it is subjecting them to a perverted lifestyle. One response to my post was from a lesbian (I presume) who has kids of her own, and I suggested she should have her kids taken away. The comment was not to be taken seriously ... it was to make a point ... but it was taken seriously.
I don't believe you for one second, and I base my doubt on your multiple, hate-filled and weird and absolutist posts. You fool me not.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:32 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
In fairness, he/she/it was responding to a comment I made to the effect that homosexuals should not be allowed to adopt kids, because it is subjecting them to a perverted lifestyle. One response to my post was from a lesbian (I presume) who has kids of her own, and I suggested she should have her kids taken away. The comment was not to be taken seriously ... it was to make a point ... but it was taken seriously.
Really? You want to tell me that my children should be taken from me, and expect me to take it as a joke?

WTF? You have a sick sense of humor.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:35 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Really? You want to tell me that my children should be taken from me, and expect me to take it as a joke?

WTF? You have a sick sense of humor.
It's a BS explanation & that poster knows it. He wasn't joking at all. He got called out for it & now he's backpedaling on it.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:35 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
God is not an "it." God is God, the creator of the universe, and everything in it. Whether you acknowledge God or not, he is the God of all. He has made himself known to all men through what has been created, so you are without excuse (this, according to scripture).

If your children do not have a father and a mother, they do not have "parents" (plural) but a parent, and your "partner?" That is not the same thing. Sorry. It's a counterfeit.

Every child has a right to a mother and a father. Each has a role to play in the normal and natural development of a child. You are denying them that right.
Keep your imaginary friend to yourself. No one wants to hear your inane banter.

YOU and "christians" like you are the reason I detest many christians. Try acting a little more like the Christ you supposedly follow.

Old 12-01-2014, 10:53 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,877,906 times
Quote:
Those who are not believers make up their own beliefs about God's truth, usually to justify their own sin or immoral lifestyle. They cannot stand being held to a moral standard. They are happy in their sin.
Are you happy in your sin of judging anyone who doesn't agree with you as being immoral? Isn't that God's job and not yours?

Here's what you fail to understand, nonsense. 35 states means this fight is already over and your side lost. All your self-righteous bloviating can never change that fact. We just enjoy rubbing all the holier than thou, judgmental, bigoted fundamentalists' noses in it.

Old 12-01-2014, 11:02 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. Keep telling yourself that if it lets you sleep better at night, even though it's not true. The population at large actually supports it.

Marriage | Gallup Historical Trends

In the mean time, take a peek at the title of this thread. Deep red Mississippi has now become the 35th state, along with the District of Columbia, to allow gay marriage. You can stick your fingers in your ears and sing, "La, la, la, I can't HEAR you!" all you want, but gays are still getting married all around you and you can do nothing to stop it.

Denial doesn't change the facts or make you any less of a fossil.

Mississippi would actually be the 36th state. It is currently legal in 35 states, the rulling in Mississippi was put on hold until December 9th. If the 5th Circuit Court or Supreme Court do not rule on the matter by the 9th of December or extend the stay in the inital ruling beyond the 9th, same-sex marriage will become legal in Mississippi on the 10th, making it the 36th state, (unless it becomes legal in any other states prior to then)

Old 12-01-2014, 11:49 AM

5,913 posts, read 3,188,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Here's the thing: this is just one big giant circle that you & others keep going around in. No one is going to convince you to accept gay marriage & you're not going to convince others that god exists & that gay marriage is a sin. If you don't want to accept it then don't, big whoop. I don't care & I guarantee you that gays don't care. However, gay marriage will be legal nationwide because it is an equal rights issue. Period. I don't care if you don't agree with it, it is fact.
I think this bears repeating. Nobody here is really convincing anyone of anything (at least those that are responding). I speak for myself as a gay man and I do not care if somebody doesn't like me because of who I am. That is their problem. But, we need to be vocal in order to keep people like this nonsense character from using his personal religion as a basis for our secular law.

I hope this isn't fanning the flames but we have examples of people resisting change like this: Arkansas Church Attacked By Right Wing Lunatic For Not Banning "Ni**ers And Q*eers" (IMAGE) - Left Wing Nation Assuming this is for real, we are not going to change this persons mind. He hates Blacks and Gays equally. I feel bad for people like this. They live very miserable lives. Sad...

Old 12-01-2014, 12:16 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Here's the thing: this is just one big giant circle that you & others keep going around in. No one is going to convince you to accept gay marriage & you're not going to convince others that god exists & that gay marriage is a sin. If you don't want to accept it then don't, big whoop. I don't care & I guarantee you that gays don't care. However, gay marriage will be legal nationwide because it is an equal rights issue. Period. I don't care if you don't agree with it, it is fact.
It's not and "equal rights" issue. They already have the right to marry whomever they want; just not someone of the same sex. So that makes it something other than an "equal rights" issue.

The more we allow such perversions in society, the less civilized society becomes. We are becoming totally amoral. Anything goes, no matter how perverse.

And this is what some want to call "progress?"

Even animals show better behavior!

Old 12-01-2014, 12:24 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
It's not and "equal rights" issue. They already have the right to marry whomever they want; just not someone of the same sex. So that makes it something other than an "equal rights" issue.

The more we allow such perversions in society, the less civilized society becomes. We are becoming totally amoral. Anything goes, no matter how perverse.

And this is what some want to call "progress?"

Even animals show better behavior!

Just because YOU view it as a perversion doesn't make it so.

It absolutely is an equal rights issue. Just the same as, "they can marry whomever they want as long as the same race" was an equal rights issue in the states that banned inter-racial marriage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies