Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2014, 03:14 PM

4,651 posts, read 4,594,214 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavaturaccioli View Post
Actually, I think he does.
Agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2014, 03:16 PM

14,917 posts, read 13,105,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I can't wait to hear Ted Cruz's take on this since he is of Cuban decent, some of the right wing have already come out against normalizing relations. This is a good first step, can't wait for Cuban Cigars.
Ted Cruz: Cuba 'A Leading State Sponsor Of Terrorism / Normalization Of U.S.-Cuban Relations ‘A Tragic Mistake’

Old 12-17-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Grow up.

It's 2014. The Cold War is OVER.

True,in fact we already do business with the largest 'communist' country in the world !

Old 12-17-2014, 03:20 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,209,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I think it would be a very wise move. It still baffles my mind that those sanctions have been kept for so long.

please tell me how you think this will help the people of Cuba??

Old 12-17-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
There is nothing to negotiate for.

What Rubio wants is expropriated property to be given back. The United States has no leg to stand on for such claims.

We'll have a prisoner exchange, and a new trading partner.

There's nothing else to negotiate for. What does he expect the Castros to give up? Their rule?

Lol...Rubio is delusional. Cold War is over. His crew down in South Florida lost.
True,not sure he's American,wasn't he born in Canada ? if so he should mind his business.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:26 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,825,905 times
Quote:
There is nothing to negotiate for.

What Rubio wants is expropriated property to be given back. The United States has no leg to stand on for such claims.

We'll have a prisoner exchange, and a new trading partner.

There's nothing else to negotiate for. What does he expect the Castros to give up? Their rule?

Lol...Rubio is delusional. Cold War is over. His crew down in South Florida lost.
Human rights are worth negotiating for. Obama gave away the upper hand for nothing.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:26 PM

22,191 posts, read 19,470,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I can't wait to hear Ted Cruz's take on this since he is of Cuban decent, some of the right wing have already come out against normalizing relations. This is a good first step, can't wait for Cuban Cigars.

Just saw him on CNN. Can't decide who seemed more insane Rubio or Cruz?

Old 12-17-2014, 03:27 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,842,681 times
About time and stop the stupid wet foot/dry foot immigration stuff as well. When we received the professional/middle class they were first rate but nothing but garbage since and including Mariel.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:27 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
please tell me how you think this will help the people of Cuba??
1. The only people these sanctions hurt are the regular citizens. Do you really think the government officials aren't getting the stuff they want? Do you really believe government officials are standing in lines with the regular citizens for things like groceries? (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rationing_in_Cuba)

2. It's hard to control the message "evil Americans" when they begin interacting with them directly. This will negate much of the "fear control" held by the government.

3. Investment helps most economies and tends to trickle down through most economic classes.

Old 12-17-2014, 03:29 PM

9,191 posts, read 21,881,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scobby View Post
True,not sure he's American,wasn't he born in Canada ? if so he should mind his business.
I see that you are so lazy you can't even be bothered to Google that information, which pops up immediately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies