Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2014, 04:47 AM

543 posts, read 999,882 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post

My proposals:

1) We need to have a moratorium on legal immigration and militarize the borders to stop illegal immigration.

2) We need to have mandatory e-verify and maybe even a forgery-proof, biometric national ID card for legal citizens.

3) We need to change our tax policy to reward companies that create and keep jobs in America for Americans, and punish companies that don't.

4) We need to recognize the destructive effects on the family (particularly the children) of both spouses having to work.

5) We need to replace population growth through immigration with having our own children in stable, secure homes.

These proposals would, of course, offend both Republicans and Democrats, liberals and conservatives, but they need to be embraced nevertheless.

1. It won't work, especially the 2nd part.

2. No.

3. Sounds good, but they'll leave to "tax havens" like Bermuda.

4. *facepalm*

5. Contradicts #1.

Your proposals are offensive because they sound like straight from a fascist government, that's why!

Old 12-29-2014, 04:47 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
There's no doubt that inequality is a reality in this country. Are conservatives concerned about it?
Inequality is an underlying or root cause of many of the major problems or issues this Country is facing. Those who remain unconcerned remain disinterested in addressing, solving or re-solving these problems.

The first step in solution providing is admitting there are problems. No problems? No solutions.

Old 12-29-2014, 04:53 AM

8,087 posts, read 9,841,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
I won the genetic lottery, Jack, is the most appropriate.

Follow by "if i can do it why can't you? "

Followed by the ignoramus population sticking fingers in their ears .
Not at all and the above attitude leads to failure. Typical of the lower classes. In other words...F-Off loser. hahahaha.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:46 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
My husband and I are happy with our lot in life....If anyone feels they don't have as much as we do they are welcome to work as hard as we did to attain what we have ended up with...
Well, if that isn't a smug and self congratulatory answer!

Hope you're enjoying the 48 room Tudor Revival McMansion with the six car garage to hold the Lamborghini, Rolls and other cars you own ... satisfied that those poor suckers whose jobs were outsourced by corporations aren't working hard enough by holding down two jobs.

See you shopping in Paris and Milan next week so you can attain more stuff!

Old 12-29-2014, 05:47 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
I am not a conservative, but I do consider income inequality to be an issue. I don't believe that everyone should be paid the same amount though. That honestly seems absurd, unless we want to do away with the free market entirely, which I'd rather not.

My solution is to end corporate power in the US government. No more lobbyists, no more 'campaign contributions' from businesses (or lobbyists), and no massive government subsidies. Ideally, no subsidies at all. I find it disgusting when Republicans claim to be in favor of a fiscal conservative policy and the free market, but only ever complain about social welfare, when corporate welfare is a significantly larger portion of the federal budget. I get why they happen; if a corporation can't self sustain, people will lose their jobs and becasue people are incredibly stupid, they blame the government for that happening. So they subsidize corporations and give them all kinds of silly and unfair benefits so that they don't have to self sustain; that and corporations will do what the government wants if promised free money, so in fact, it's increasing political corruption.

In short, I want a genuine free market, ideally with minimum regulations. As history has shown, big business is not trustworthy on it's own. There needs to be rules on how workers can be treated, how they're paid, and what they can do to the environment. But these rules should not be so invasive and difficult to abide by that outsourcing becomes the preferred method of labor because it can be done cheaper. That has to end.

Some inequality is fine and can even be good. Ideally, if we were to change our system (or fix it), two things would happen: inequality would decrease overall and quality of life would have a higher minimum standard (not an enforced standard, just a statistical standard). But some jobs are going to earn more than others in a free market. If a business is more profitable, it can pay it's people more, and arguably has an ethical responsibility to do so.
Bravo! Bravissimo! & at the risk of being accused of using logical fallacies? Adam Smith just stopped turning over in his grave.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:53 AM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Hope you're enjoying the 48 room Tudor Revival McMansion with the six car garage to hold the Lamborghini, Rolls and other cars you own ... satisfied that those poor suckers whose jobs were outsourced by corporations aren't working hard enough by holding down two jobs.

I have nowhere close to the things you mentioned in your post.....Work harder, work SMARTER and maybe you won't be so bitter!
You have no idea how hard my husband an I worked to be able to enjoy our retirement.....

Old 12-29-2014, 05:58 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
There's no doubt that inequality is a reality in this country. Are conservatives concerned about it?
Not me. Inequality is not a problem.

So let's discuss how we can raise the income of those in the lowest bracket while not being jealous of those in the top bracket.

Old 12-29-2014, 05:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68551 View Post
My husband and I are happy with our lot in life....If anyone feels they don't have as much as we do they are welcome to work as hard as we did to attain what we have ended up with...
Exactly!

Why are so many people jealous of those who have worked hard and achieved a comfortable living?

Old 12-29-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post

Your jealousy is glaring.

Old 12-29-2014, 06:20 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:

Sure-

1. Permit energy exploration on federal lands
a. you create good paying jobs
b. energy price reduction increases economic activity

2. Cut corporate taxes to 10%
a. buisnesses will locate to those nations with skilled workers and lower tax rates

3. Corporate consumption tax
a. punish net importers and those who outsource
b. reward exporters and those who employ US citizens

4. Federally subsidized college for those studying engineering, medicine, computer science and other areas in which there is current demand

5. Stop WIC and other programs will create a financial incentive for single parent families and multiple children among the poor who cannot afford them. Curb welfare, foodstamps, assisted housing and social security disability.

6. 0% corporate tax for any manufacturing entity opening within 10 miles of an impoverished area

7. Income tax reform
a. 15%VAT
b. 0 % personal income tax up to 100K
c. 10% 100K to 250K
d. 20% over than
e. balanced budget amendment with re-issuing retired t-bills as debt free currency

8. Renegotiate/eliminate NAFTA and China most favored nation trade status

9. Tax capital gains at the same level as income tax

10. Use increased tax revenues from VAT for direct infrastructure development

11. Subsidize trade schools for those not attending college

12. Ban class action suits- we have an oligopoly of billionaire lawyers created from class action suits, which hamper industry and concentrates wealth in a small segment of the population.

13. inforce immigration laws and go back to the 1966 national quotas which favored european immigrants
a. cheap labor lowers the standard of living for everyone
b. a large cohort of uneducated people living in the US strains social services
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies