Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-08-2015, 04:33 PM

7,300 posts, read 3,400,866 times

Advertisements

There are no race relations, currently. There is only rent seeking. "Race relations" should only mean that everyone is equal under the law and no-one agitates for racial animosity. After all, this is a "free country" right? Instead, we have a constant game of rent seeking (privilege seeking) through victim narrative exploitation that too many people have bought into for us to reverse in our tracks as a country. Therefore, race relations are done. "The people" are not, and have never been, intellectually and morally competent enough to be given the power to decide when "enough is enough" as far as when society is fair. The temptation to always find means and methods to upturn society for more privilege or resources has always proven too much for the average man to handle. The average man lacks the ability to make fine distinctions in morality, that ultimately are transmuted into law. Right now, we have a situation in which well-established legal morality is being cast aside in a gambit for resource and privilege seeking...and thus goes the Republic. And guess what the solution is always presented to be? Why, it's more liberalism and greater control by the people. Good luck with that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2015, 04:43 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triple8s View Post
Please explain what rights and opportunities black people have been/are denied? How are there so many black people that are working, holding well paying jobs, own homes manage that absent the rights and opportunities you claim black people have been/are denied?

Also, what kind of "revenge" do black people want?
the right to open carry (even bb guns) for one

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/th...wford?s=mobile

as far as opportunities let's see:

black men with a 4 year degree are less likely to get job offers than whites with the same education

white convicts are more likely to get interviews than black men with no record

black people have been given loans at a higher rate than whites with similar credit history

the military is 20% or more black, meaning blacks are, at 13% of the population, are overrepresented, but make up a significantly smaller percentage of leadership/high ranking positions

blacks get harsher sentences for the same crimes

black boys are more likely to be suspended/expelled from school

etc

also i never said we wanted revenge. that's what the poster i was responding to said

Old 01-08-2015, 04:49 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,117,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
the right to open carry (even bb guns) for one

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mikehayes/th...wford?s=mobile

as far as opportunities let's see:

black men with a 4 year degree are less likely to get job offers than whites with the same education

white convicts are more likely to get interviews than black men with no record

black people have been given loans at a higher rate than whites with similar credit history

the military is 20% or more black, meaning blacks are, at 13% of the population, are overrepresented, but make up a significantly smaller percentage of leadership/high ranking positions

blacks get harsher sentences for the same crimes

black boys are more likely to be suspended/expelled from school

etc

also i never said we wanted revenge. that's what the poster i was responding to said
I'll add to that: regardless of what level of education, Blacks have ~2x the unemployment rate of Whites of that same level. Who can argue that there isn't a systemic component to that?

SWA-Jobs | Table 5.3 | Unemployment rate, by education and race and ethnicity, 2000

Old 01-08-2015, 04:58 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goingforarip View Post
Let's be honest; you don't care about the word "respect" in any context. That's why immigrant groups come over here and succeed literally every day, and African American neighborhoods almost universally look like sub-Saharan African with food stamps and refurbished police cruisers.

You can dismiss every honest, non-patronizing white man as a racist if you want. It's what the ruling class wants from you, it's what black "leaders" expect.

But maybe wise up and take a look at the score sheet.

As a white man who grew up in poverty, the disaster of African American culture barely effects me. I carry a gun to keep the "youths" at bay, and I live in a beautiful gated community.

Your "brothers" almost universally live in poverty, stupidity, and ignorance despite every opportunity to succeed.

Maybe it's time for a change of strategy?
If it barely affects you, why is it important to constantly complain about Black people?

Old 01-08-2015, 05:14 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,857,927 times
I do have to admit that some of the biases toward blacks are real, and I feel very bad for the percentage of very decent, hard working, honest black Americans who have those things done to them because of the actions of another group of people. It is very unfair for one group to suffer because of the way another group is perceived.

It bothers me that, when a black customer enters a store they are "watched" a little more carefully than, let's say, a white customer. Or, how I feel uncomfortable when I am in an elevator with only young black men vs young white men.

But that is what happens, a few rotten apples can spoil the whole barrel, and when I see animals, like the ones rioting in Ferguson, I do think to myself "I bet there are a lot of good black people who are as disgusted over this spectacle as I am."

Unfortunately, I do not see any of this changing in the near future, because, if anything, instead of the blacks who are doing this dumb stuff waking up and changing for the good, they seem to be hellbent on going the other direction . If their goal was to make us want to value black lives and respect black lives, they shot themselves in the foot IMO. Lots of us have less respect for them than we did a few months ago.

Don

Old 01-08-2015, 05:38 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What utter BS. Obama wouldn't have been elected twice if that were true.
obama was elected by white people, not racist white people. even when he was running the worms were starting to crawl to the surface.

Old 01-08-2015, 07:12 PM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I said Racial pride is stupid. I didn't specify any race.

That "white pride" comment was me belittling your comment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sindey View Post
Racial pride is laughable stupid. I can't be bothered judging one on their race. I have bigger problems, lol.
Man will surely be our own undoing...sheesh
Agreed!!

“I could never understand ethnic or national pride. Because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth. Irish isn’t a skill, it’s a ****in genetic accident. You wouldn’t say ‘I’m proud to be 5’11’ or ‘I’m proud to have a predisposition for colon cancer’. So why the **** should you be proud to be Irish, or proud to be Italian, or American, or anything?”

– George Carlin

LOL

Old 01-08-2015, 08:08 PM

3,617 posts, read 3,886,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
I'll add to that: regardless of what level of education, Blacks have ~2x the unemployment rate of Whites of that same level. Who can argue that there isn't a systemic component to that?

SWA-Jobs | Table 5.3 | Unemployment rate, by education and race and ethnicity, 2000
Correlation <> causation.

Maybe some of it is due to racism, maybe not, I don't know. I wouldn't say there certainly isn't a system component, but I would 100% say that you can't say with certainty that there is, either. The difference says, this may be worth looking into, but it doesn't in and of itself signify a conclusion one way or the other.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:19 PM

137 posts, read 144,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If it barely affects you, why is it important to constantly complain about Black people?
The failure of the African American Community to civilize is a drag on human civilization. I care about the future of humanity.

But me personally? Little effect. I don't have to associate with urban yoofs.

Old 01-08-2015, 08:53 PM

7,444 posts, read 7,022,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Agreed!!

“I could never understand ethnic or national pride. Because to me pride should be reserved for something you achieve or attain on your own, not something that happens by accident of birth. Irish isn’t a skill, it’s a ****in genetic accident. You wouldn’t say ‘I’m proud to be 5’11’ or ‘I’m proud to have a predisposition for colon cancer’. So why the **** should you be proud to be Irish, or proud to be Italian, or American, or anything?”

– George Carlin

LOL
Is this supposed to pass for wisdom or something? Carlin was a pretty miserable guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies