Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 08:45 AM

7,846 posts, read 6,409,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i dont base my opinions about people, either at the micro or macro level, on race. in fact while i know about the stereotypes, i ignore them. i take people on an individual basis.

as for the rest, haters are going to hate, baiters are going to bait, and protesters are going to protest no matter what i think. my opinion is that most of them are very stupid, but there is little i can do about them.
You think people who exercise their First Amendment right to protest are stupid?

Got it.

Cough Fascism cough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 08:46 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,586,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
It would be a privilege for anyone to be my neighbor.
for anyone who feels that hearing constant squeals about imagined 'racism' confers a privilege - sure.

I suspect that is a rather small group of people.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:48 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opin_Yunated View Post
White flight is rampant in the 21st century as well.

Read through the location sections.
People see what they want to see. There are just as many that say they want to live in the city.

On the other hand, I don't think you will find many requests for people to re-locate to Ferguson, Mo. no matter what color they are.

Old 01-07-2015, 08:52 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,863,645 times
Quote:
You think people who exercise their First Amendment right to protest are stupid?

Got it.

Cough Fascism cough.
yes i do. its rare when protesting gets anything done, especially these days when some protesters cause problems during the protest. take the ferguson protests for instance. does it really do any good to damage property of innocent people?

note however i NEVER said that protesters shouldnt be allowed to protest, and i never will. i support the constitution, and freedom of speech. i merely said that protesters are going to protest, and that the are generally stupid. YOU are the one that suggested fascism for what ever reason.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:01 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:

Got it.

Cough Fascism cough.
Do you feel that everyone who exercises their First Amendment right to protest are smart?

Do you feel the Westboro Baptist Church people are especially enlightened?

Old 01-07-2015, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you feel that everyone who exercises their First Amendment right to protest are smart?

Do you feel the Westboro Baptist Church people are especially enlightened?
I personally think most people in the world are extremely stupid.

With that being said, I respect everyone's right to protest. Even if I disagree with their message, they deserve praise for standing up for what they believe in.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:23 AM

4,103 posts, read 5,430,203 times
I gave up when I started being labeled a racist just for being white, and am expected to prove Im NOT racist. The other day I had to call the cops on a neighbor who was tossing around his wife, he (a black man) called me the N word.....I don't even think they know what theyre talking about anymore......

Old 01-07-2015, 09:27 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Colorblindness (in your context) is a form of racism.
Your opinion.

Which doesn't matter to me.

Old 01-07-2015, 09:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,227,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
The only race I care about is my own race. Since every other race is only doing what is beneficial for their race(s), I feel if I can I will do what I can to help my race.

Black pride
Brown pride
Native pride
Asian pride

All okay. So I feel it's only right I have white pride.
Racial pride is one of the dumbest concepts known to man.

So I'm not surprised that you feel that way.

Do you have pride in the fact that you drink water too?

Lol..."white pride."

Old 01-07-2015, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Your opinion.

Which doesn't matter to me.
Not an opinion. "I don't see color" is a racist statement. You ignore the social privileges that a racist society has granted you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Racial pride is one of the dumbest concepts known to man.
I have pride that my neighbor and I have the same melanin content in our skin.

LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies