Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 04:25 PM

5,696 posts, read 6,210,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Well, bully for you, but lots of whites would move, or put pressure on their neighbors not to sell to black people. In America. In 2015.

show me where the proof is
this is NOT 1960
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 04:51 PM

801 posts, read 1,104,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I used to feel sorry for Black people who had to deal with Jim Crow. Not anymore. The decent ones ain't the problem at all: the hood rats and their fans, especially after Ferguson and that mess in the restaurants in NYC, they need to be put in their place. Period.
The long arc of history has a way of sorting it all out. It may be unfathomable right now to some people who are riding high and feeling cocky enough to put others in their place, but alpha nations fall, dominant groups can fall. It might not happen in our silly little insignificant lifetimes, but life will go on for a long time after we all kiss the dust. Peace out!

Old 01-07-2015, 05:14 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,522,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
You don't know what a hood rat is? See Fergie looters.

I don't think you're interested in justice, I think you're interested in revenge.
i know what a hood rat was in the 1990s. you think we want revenge, because you know we have been wronged and if you were in our shoes you would want revenge. there are absolutely no statistics to that show that whites are discriminated by race in this country, yet only a generation away from the civil rights era you have whites, particularly men, screaming that they are now a persecuted minority. it's a joke. black people just want the same rights and opportunities as everyone else. we just want to take care of our families and live the american dream.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
What statistics are you referring to?
The fact that the murder rate of blacks by other blacks is astronomical?
That nearly 80% of black children are born out of wedlock?
That the unemployment rate among blacks is much higher than any other minority group, including recent immigrants?

But, wait, I suppose all this is whitey's fault, right?
would you also describe the white on white murder rate as astronomical? of course not. do you realize the difference between unwed mothers and single mothers. doesn't seem like it. the unemployment rate. when you have employers more likely to call white ex cons than black men with no records, what do you expect. there are numerous studies regarding black employment issues. and the fact that none of this is acknowledged by white people, in a white majority country is, in fact, "whitey's" fault. when these topics are discussed they are approached with ignorance like your post above.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:22 PM

1,442 posts, read 2,565,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Well, bully for you, but lots of whites would move, or put pressure on their neighbors not to sell to black people. In America. In 2015.
My neighbors across the street are black, and two houses down black, My black neighbors are some of the nicest in my hood, and have the prettiest, most well kept houses on my street. I would not think twice about anyone black moving next door, across the street. First, they are already there, and were there when I bought my house, Second, I am not race-obsessed like you are or a tiny fraction of paranoid/racist whites are . Third - if present trends continue, if black folks moved here, their houses would be nicer, and they would be friendlier, than my white neighbors.......but......fourth, if black (or white, or yellow, or green) folks moved in, and were trashy, rude, nasty, unsavory, drug addicts - I would hate them and would want them to move or I would - Yes, even if they were black, but not cuz they were black (or white/yellow/green). I just don't want "trash" or unsavory folks, living near me - it's that simple.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Wrong, wrong, wrong.....

That's like saying that the PROBLEM with the American prison system is that blacks are the overwhelming race in American prisons. Is that the problem or is the problem that blacks commit more crimes?

80% of black children are born to single mothers. Is that the problem? Or is the problem that the culture in the hood is that it's OK to have multiple children from multiple fathers and never get married?
^^^^^this post is all heart and no brain

Wide Racial Divide in Sentencing - WSJ

Old 01-07-2015, 05:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post
The only race I care about is my own race. Since every other race is only doing what is beneficial for their race(s), I feel if I can I will do what I can to help my race.

Black pride
Brown pride
Native pride
Asian pride

All okay. So I feel it's only right I have white pride.
Uh; "brown" ain't a race. It's quite possible for a Black dude, a "Hispanic", an American Indian or Asian as well as an anglo white person to have the EXACT same light brown color skin that does NOT see sun.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:00 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,388,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; "brown" ain't a race. It's quite possible for a Black dude, a "Hispanic", an American Indian or Asian as well as an anglo white person to have the EXACT same light brown color skin that does NOT see sun.
Haven't you ever watched 'Lockup'?

Urban Dictionary: brown pride

Old 01-07-2015, 07:07 PM

274 posts, read 298,182 times
Deny, deny, deny. This is black folks biggest problem. How come Asians, Hispanics and Middle Eastern people have adapted well in our countey...yet many AAs still cannot? I work witha woman from Africa. She always shakes her head at the hood rat mentaility and cannot understand for the life of her why all AAs cannot adapt to our society and stop the victim game. Shes very smart, articulate and motivated to work hard. She is married and is a loving mother. We exchange gifts every hear for Christmas.

it's not agout color, its about charachter. Everyone knows this.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:17 PM

31,292 posts, read 20,756,723 times
Quote:
I assume many/most of us have friends/coworkers/acquaintances who are black/white (the opposite of whatever you are). I'm also going to guess that many of us here feel (you may or may not) that race relations have taken a backward step in the last few years.

Have your feelings on the macro state of race relations in the US impacted your more personal dealings with people of another race?
Obama has clearly fanned the flames of racism. Other than that, the people I deal with on a day to day basis are no different than they ever have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies