Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2015, 05:30 AM

4,006 posts, read 6,042,873 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
First off there is no such thing as race relations. So people saying race relations are getting worse is meaningless blather usually spouted by the privileged in America.

For the people, who take the brunt of America's racism, things are pretty much the same compared to recent history.

Usually, when white people say race relations are getting worse that means there has been some incident that is putting a focus on racism against black Americans.

For the vast majority of white Americans, black Americans pointing out/protesting against systematic racism is intolerable and that's what the phrase "race relations are getting worse" usually means in America.
Are you black?

Can you give actual examples of when you feel you've been the victim of racism?

IMHO, a lot of perceived 'racism' is actually just stuff that happens in everyday life, but for those looking for it, they'll find it anywhere and everywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2015, 05:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
what is a hoodrat? a term ice cube used over 20 years ago? lol. what is wrong with protestors? doesn't the constitution give them the freedom to protest, even if others don't agree with their message? protesting is one of the most american things you can do. and we all know a race baiter is anyone who dares speak on racial injustice. race relations for me are the same as they were in 2008. i know some of the same white people who smile in my face on a daily basis are the same people who get on the internet whining about hood rats and race baiters. as long as they keep their beliefs to themselves i could careless. as a black person i am not interested in changing white hearts and minds, i am only interested in equality and justice.
You don't know what a hood rat is? See Fergie looters.

I don't think you're interested in justice, I think you're interested in revenge.

Old 01-07-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
to paraphrase what Chris Rock said, black people didn't have to change for things to get better, it was the white people who needed to change. it's like talking about a man who beats his wife. would anyone say that the wife needed to meet the beater halfway for things to bet better? a compromise? "oh, now he only beats her on sunday. their marriage relations have gotten better." but the ones who complain about protesters and "hood rats" don't want to hear any of that. they don't care about the countless statistics that illustrate that there is still inequality in america, only the ones that fit their narrative. hopefully these people will die off soon.
What statistics are you referring to?
The fact that the murder rate of blacks by other blacks is astronomical?
That nearly 80% of black children are born out of wedlock?
That the unemployment rate among blacks is much higher than any other minority group, including recent immigrants?

But, wait, I suppose all this is whitey's fault, right?

Old 01-07-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
I'm

This is nonsense. Black Americans don't care if white people like them.

Black Americans just want to get theirs like other Americans.

Yet, every statistic out there points to massive racial inequities.

We have huge racial income, wealth, and job gaps.

We have a huge homeowner rate gap, education gap, a huge criminal justice system gap, and live in racially segregated neighborhoods.

I don't know what world white people inhabit where they think these huge racial inequities are either non existent, don't count, or the fault of black racial deficiencies, but these huge inequities are the problem for black Americans.

These stats prove for black Americans their lived experiences of different treatment based on race. That's the problem.

So, do you equate these racial inequalities to the fault of white people or black people?

Something tells me you play the victimhood card really hard.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:35 AM

779 posts, read 632,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
What statistics are you referring to?
The fact that the murder rate of blacks by other blacks is astronomical?
That nearly 80% of black children are born out of wedlock?
That the unemployment rate among blacks is much higher than any other minority group, including recent immigrants?

But, wait, I suppose all this is whitey's fault, right?
Astronomical or simply worst than other races in America? What is an acceptable level of murder? Note, it's lower than it was so obviously something is going right.

Still not knocking out of wedlock birth. The numbers that matter would change if more guys stepped up to be in their kids lives. That stat is always thrown out there but the numbers have have dropped as well.

Black unemployment is still pretty low. It spiked like everyone else during the recession and had been decreasing.

I'm still not sure how one can know history and be so surprised by the way numbers have trended.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:37 AM

779 posts, read 632,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
So, do you equate these racial inequalities to the fault of white people or black people?

Something tells me you play the victimhood card really hard.
I would say both. The actions of all kinds of people makes a difference. No race lives in a bubble and it's not as simple as one race vs another.

Old 01-07-2015, 06:52 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,914,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
In the middle class all-white suburban neighborhood where I grew up (and where my mother still resides) a house just went up for mortgge foreclosure...it's listed for a considerable amount less than what houses in the area sell for. It's become a bit of an eyesore, neglected, and needs work...really sticks out like a sore thumb on that street. A big concern the neighboring residents (and my mother, to be honest) have? That it will sell to a black or hispanic because it is cheap and because off its condition. They'll buy it cheap and leave it in that condition.

That could have been the case 50 plus years ago when we moved there. Attitudes have NOT really changed...it's just not acceptable to voice them.

I work for a school district that doesn't acknowledge MLK Day as a holiday...it's considered a teacher's inservice day. Students are off, but staff is scheduled to attend seminars. If school is closed for a snow day,. it's always fthe first used as a makeup day.
Uh; I'd be edgy if a Leander Perez moved in next to me, he was a KKK class white supremacist of Spanish family during Jim Crow of 50 years ago. Under US law he's be a "Hispanic" in 2014.

Too; I lived in a town where my next door neighbor was half "Black" and a very decent dude, in my same 4 plex there was a PWT anglo white dude who was probably "Aryan Brotherhood" when in prison. Guess who I lived MUCH better as a neighbor? BTW: I'm "white".

I try to judge people as people. Yes; I'd be worried if a ratty looking family of ANY race was looking at the house for sale in Mrs S's area.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:09 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,667,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
So......there are no Black people who do not want to live next to whites??
I have no idea. But white flight is as American as apple pie.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
Its amazing that you know exactly what every white person will think of you living next to them.........or your son dating their daughter........
Where did I say that? I know what some, or even many whites think, I'll tell you that.

Old 01-07-2015, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Maybe he's had a lifetime of experiencing how people react to his charming chip-on-the-shoulder personality
It would be a privilege for anyone to be my neighbor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies