Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2015, 12:12 AM

30,259 posts, read 23,746,924 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
Where do you get this 99.9% statistic from?? Stop posting complete NONSENSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s
Fantastic! That was just fricken fantastic. Thanks for sharing it.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:36 AM

29,537 posts, read 19,632,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Fantastic! That was just fricken fantastic. Thanks for sharing it.
I agree, that speaker, I've heard her speak before.... She was right on the money.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:10 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yes, cults and religion can incite people. The Al Sharpton followers come to mind.

"what do we want?"
"dead cops"

Yep, they got what they wanted... dead cops.
Well, thanks, I guess, for helping to prove my point that religions, whether centered around an imaginary invisible deity or a cult of personality, do more harm than good.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:21 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHastings View Post
If your Muslim friends disagree with the act of terror then surely they will condemn the verses in Quran/Hadith which calls for death as a punishment for Blasphemy?

Can you have a chat with them sometime and find out?

The Qur'an:
Qur'an (33:57) - "Lo! those who malign Allah and His messenger, Allah hath cursed them in this world and the Hereafter, and hath prepared for them the doom of the disdained"

Qur'an (33:61) - [continues from above] "Accursed, they will be seized wherever found and slain with a (fierce) slaughter."

Qur'an (6:93) - "Who can be more wicked than one who inventeth a lie against Allah?" If the death penalty is prescribed for lesser crime, then it stands to reason that it should be imposed for the most "wicked".

From the Hadith:
Bukhari (59:369) - This recounts the murder of Ka'b bin al-Ashraf, a Jewish poet who wrote verses about Muslims that Muhammad found insulting. He asked his followers, 'Who will rid me of this man?' and several volunteered. al-Ashraf was stabbed to death while fighting for his life.

Bukhari (4:241) - Those who mocked Muhammad at Mecca were killed after he had retaken the city and asserted his authority.
Do you want to have a "Holy Book-Off" to see whether there is more murder and bloodshed in the Bible as opposed to the Qu'ran?

(My point is not that one is "better" than the other but that both contain plenty of rape, killing, genocide, etc., both incited by belief in the same imaginary deity.)

One could post scores and scores of biblical passages in which the God of Abraham (the god worshiped by Jews, Christians and Muslims alike) instructs his followers to kill with impunity and great malice.

But, to state it again--this is not an excuse or apology for rabid, radical, violent Islamist terrorists. As I've frequently stated, I believe members of Al Quaeda, the Taliban, ISIS, and similar groups should be executed on sight.

My contention, however, is that most Muslims are reasonable, kind, peaceful people and the violent crazy ones are not emblematic of all Muslims any more than the KKK or Westboro Baptist are indicative of all Christians (who are, likewise, mostly reasonable, kind and peaceful people.)

Old 01-09-2015, 08:22 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RecentlyMoved View Post
Where do you get this 99.9% statistic from?? Stop posting complete NONSENSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry3NzkAOo3s
wow. I think I'm in love

she totally tore that simpering student a new orifice.

Old 01-09-2015, 08:42 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,273,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will21st View Post
The gloves are off, time to deal with Islam, once and for all... whatever it takes.

Strange how we don't see mass-muslim protests in Indonesia, Saudi-Arabia, Gaza, Jordan, Turkey? Surely EVERY muslim on earth condemns this attack on our humanity?
You need to read more Mid-East news -- there are a lot of "mass-muslim protests" in some of those countries. Most of them are against their own government. Egypt is still fighting off the Muslim Brotherhood. Jordan is fighting off al-quaeda & ISIS.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:04 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,650,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
I expect anti-Muslim sentiment to skyrocket in France and Europe...and sadly not without some justification. ISIS and other muslim terrorist/criminal groups are spreading or have spread their tentacles to Europe. They need to be swiftly dealt with.

Europe does need to restrict Muslim immigration. It increasingly seems that many Muslims cannot deal with Western culture or more insidiously many have ulterior motives for wanting to emigrate.
muslims will rarely integrate into a western country, even if they are born in that country ,they still the west as evil that must be destroyed.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:07 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,730,854 times

Old 01-09-2015, 10:10 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifijohn View Post
muslims will rarely integrate into a western country, even if they are born in that country ,they still the west as evil that must be destroyed.
The kind of broad generalization that underpins discrimination and bias. It's a belief, and it's not based in reality.

Old 01-09-2015, 10:12 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,069,940 times
They dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies