Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-10-2015, 02:00 PM

46,310 posts, read 27,117,053 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I didn't post the video, Brigitte Gabriel is a very forceful speaker and appeals to the right wing but offer nothing constructive. Her rants amount to shouting out your window "I'm madder than hell and not going to take it anymore", her speeches amount to little more than highlighting the problem. Yes there is a problem with radical fundamentalists, we knew that already.
To bad all your leftist friends cannot figure that out....

Old 01-10-2015, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Govie View Post

Look at those soulless, evil black eyes.

"Religion of peace" my a--.
She would kill you in heart beat...

Old 01-10-2015, 02:02 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,758,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVAtoCNC View Post
What I find odd in reviewing posts on this thread and others is that those who are liberals tend to sympathize with muslims. This seems odd in that the muslim faith is diametrically opposed to liberal thought. Can someone explain this?
Pretty simple.

These murders were vicious. They would be vicious whether they were committed by muslims taking umbrage at sacrilegious depictions of mohammed or whether they had been committed by christians taking umbrage at the equally sacrilegious depictions of the triune god.

So go after the individuals responsible. Not the vast majority of either muslims or christians who would never perpetrate anything like these acts.

But then I don't believe that government should be in the business of prosecuting thought crime.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:06 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
Yes there is a problem with radical fundamentalists, we knew that already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
To bad all your leftist friends cannot figure that out....
Too bad your rightist friends cannot figure out the meaning of radical fundamentalist

Old 01-10-2015, 02:06 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,618,080 times
I think people care more about how to prevent this kind of tragedy from happening?
What are the Counter-terrorism strategies?

Looks like these new generation of terrorists are pretty much all homegrown.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Pretty simple.

These murders were vicious. They would be vicious whether they were committed by muslims taking umbrage at sacrilegious depictions of mohammed or whether they had been committed by christians taking umbrage at the equally sacrilegious depictions of the triune god.

So go after the individuals responsible. Not the vast majority of either muslims or christians who would never perpetrate anything like these acts.

But then I don't believe that government should be in the business of prosecuting thought crime.
Yes they were. But then again, they always are.

And over the years some truly moderate Islamic scholars have called on Imams to renounce their blasphemy laws. But they refused to do that.

Blasphemy is equivalent to treason which is punishable by death but after a trial.

The extremists are doing just that..taking islamic law to the extreme and skipping the trial.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Too bad your rightist friends cannot figure out the meaning of radical fundamentalist
No, we can....the left refuses to acknowledge it.....

The right understands that there is a difference between radical Muslims and other Muslims...

But until we can figure out who is who....(think about the Ft. Hood shooter) we are not allowed to PROFILE...that's when the left, such as you start screaming about profiling.....you cannot do that...you are racist....you are sexist and whatever the hell else you can figure out....

Old 01-10-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think people care more about how to prevent this kind of tragedy from happening?

PROFILE! But the left will get there panties in a wad....

Old 01-10-2015, 02:15 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,411,082 times
Quote:
No, we can....the left refuses to acknowledge it.....

The right understands that there is a difference between radical Muslims and other Muslims...
Which is why in other threads we hear the right calling for the nuking of ALL Muslims, eh?

Quote:
But until we can figure out who is who....(think about the Ft. Hood shooter) we are not allowed to PROFILE...that's when the left, such as you start screaming about profiling.....you cannot do that...you are racist....you are sexist and whatever the hell else you can figure out....
OK, YOU think about the Ft Hood shooter, WHAT about him should have tipped us off?

Old 01-10-2015, 02:17 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Some article did point that out..all were born in France so they are native French.
I guess France's version of 'anchor babies'.

If that is the trend then France does have a much bigger problem to solve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies