Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2015, 11:09 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
But men with guns forcing shots of who knows what on children is soooo compassionate
Where does that happen?

Old 01-29-2015, 11:13 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Maryland View Post
Regardless of your beliefs, you should have the choice to either vaccinate or not vaccinate. Humans should be free to decide.
Consequences of one person's choices can spill over to other people. I'm not allowing you the choice to juggle live grenades if I'm within the blast radius.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:15 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,450,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
If they have a personal belief against immunization and therefore don't immunize their kids? Fine, stay away from everyone else. Thoughts?
I hate it. It should be mandatory, because it doesn't just place your own kids at risk, it places other kids who are too young to be immunized at risk. You refuse? Fine, your kids are placed in foster care & immunized. You can get them back once their immunizations are finished. You have a religious objection? Too bad, your kids still go to foster care until you figure out how not to be a piece of **** human being.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:18 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,751,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
I hate it. It should be mandatory, because it doesn't just place your own kids at risk, it places other kids who are too young to be immunized at risk. You refuse? Fine, your kids are placed in foster care & immunized. You can get them back once their immunizations are finished. You have a religious objection? Too bad, your kids still go to foster care until you figure out how not to be a piece of **** human being.
You've got to be trolling.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Regardless of your beliefs, you should have the choice to either vaccinate or not vaccinate. Humans should be free to decide.
No they shouldn't, since they are too dumb to arrive at the correct decision the government needs to step in for them. I'm sorry if you believe natural measles is better than an unnatural vaccine. If you feel that way, you can move to a third-world country where they have no choice in what diseases they get. In the United States, we can completely prevent measles, and if you choose not to, you are insane and don't deserve to have kids in the first place. Point blank.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
You've got to be trolling.
Nope. This topic makes me livid. Some countries have millions who starve to death. We don't. Some countries have millions who die of preventable disease. That is a luxury here -- we CHOOSE to expose our kids to preventable disease. It drives me up the wall and I have no tolerance for it. If you're dumb enough to have a kid and not vaccinate your kid, you don't deserve to have a kid. Cause parents in Africa don't have that choice...

Old 01-29-2015, 11:23 PM

794 posts, read 819,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Consequences of one person's choices can spill over to other people. I'm not allowing you the choice to juggle live grenades if I'm within the blast radius.
Right back at ya - Consequences of one person's choices can spill over to other people. I'm not allowing you the choice to juggle live grenades if I'm within the blast radius, and I am not willing to be forced to vaccinate until you can 100% prove and guarantee my and my children's safety and that vaccines are 100% safe for use by all.

Your level of acceptable risk does not trump mine. You are willing to risk the very small but very real percentage of people who might react adversely to vaccines, and I am willing to risk the very small but very real number of people my unvaccinated children might expose if they themselves get exposed.

Your "rights" do not trump mine.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Right back at ya - Consequences of one person's choices can spill over to other people. I'm not allowing you the choice to juggle live grenades if I'm within the blast radius, and I am not willing to be forced to vaccinate until you can 100% prove and guarantee my and my children's safety and that vaccines are 100% safe for use by all.

Your level of acceptable risk does not trump mine. You are willing to risk the very small but very real percentage of people who might react adversely to vaccines, and I am willing to risk the very small but very real number of people my unvaccinated children might expose if they themselves get exposed.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:30 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,263,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Year2525 View Post
If they have a personal belief against immunization and therefore don't immunize their kids? Fine, stay away from everyone else. Thoughts?
Personal beliefs come down to philosophical or religious exemptions -all pure crap- so they can send their un-vaxed kids to public schools. Private schools don't bend on the vax rules - you can take your BS elsewhere, and keep your unvaxed kid far away from mine.

Their reasons for not vaccinating are not based in anything that hasn't been disproven over and over again.

They just keep choosing to turn a blind eye to reality and hug a conspiracy theory over and over again.

Can't fix those who are stuck on stupid.

Old 01-29-2015, 11:44 PM

794 posts, read 819,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by juppiter View Post
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.
Now that you have gotten your personal "feelings" out of the way, care to address any specifics to back up your contention? The posts in question to remind you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
My post:
Quote:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies