Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2015, 02:05 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Talk to Easter Seals about that.
Yeah, and clearly has proven to be the viable solution for the entire healthcare system. We don't need no coverage; we just need charity!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2015, 02:06 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
We've been waiting a long time to hear the conservative rebuttal to Obamacare. They want to take it down, but they've never said what they want to replace it with...until now.

Thanks to this thread and the responses it contains from the board conservatives, we now have a good idea of what healthcare under the conservatives looks like! Let's recap:

Sounds GREAT! Proud to be an American and all that. I'm voting for hardline conservatives in the next election!!
Sounds about right. I wonder what it must be like to be a conservative & be so absolutely brainless.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:08 PM

11,222 posts, read 8,308,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
If he had bought a Bronze plan, he would still be looking at a $6500 co-pay, since most don't have that kind of cash, a gofundme campaign would have still happened.

If he had a bronze plan, the hospital bill would have probably been double just from unneeded extra stuff to bilk the insurance company.
I almost posted this exact same thing.

Yep, if he had bronze coverage, his liability would have been $6500 (or whatever). Instead of defaulting on $100's of thousands in debt, passing the bill onto the rest of us, he would have had some options:

-Rely on the goodness of friends, family, and community to help pay the bill
-Sell some possession without going bankrupt
-yes, possibly a gofundme campaign
-pull from his 401k (he's fiscally conservative, right?), penalty free for qualified medical emergency...

All of those are better than screwing himself (bankruptcy) and the rest of us (Mooching, as we pay the written off bill).

People that can't tell the difference between $6500 and $300,000+ may not be the most qualified to enter into a discussion about the benefits of insurance....

Old 02-27-2015, 02:08 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
Foolish to not have any insurance coverage, especially at that age. Even young people can be wiped out if they need to take their kids to the ER for any reason or have any type of semi-serious health condition. A simple visit to the doctor for x-rays and lab tests itself can cost thousands. Why is it so expensive? Well, that's a different issue entirely.

But I've got to say, the outright glee displayed by the liberals on this forum is downright disturbing. A revealing glimpse at the character of the far left.
I do feel sorry for him. Unfortunately, he bought into conservative stupidity and now is facing the consequences.

But this begs another question... according to the conservative model, why should we even feel obligated to feel sorry for him? Conservatives love to apply the principle: "if you get in trouble...tough! You're an adult and you're on your own." And now if we were to say that...suddenly we're bad?

Old 02-27-2015, 02:11 PM

2,078 posts, read 1,029,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
That seems to be the limit of your comprehension and participation on this matter.

Go 'Murica.....

I just needed to know that you are a hypocrite. What else do I need to add to this discussion?

Old 02-27-2015, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
so all the people being subsidized by others are also turd stains?
If they are refusing coverage, they are.

If they are able to be employed and refuse to, they are. But if they are hard working, doing the best they can, and still can't make ends meet without subsidies, then I'd put them in a different class than the person that had the means (any means, including a subsidy) to be insured and CHOSE not to be to make a point, until their point slapped them in the face.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
I almost posted this exact same thing.

Yep, if he had bronze coverage, his liability would have been $6500 (or whatever). Instead of defaulting on $100's of thousands in debt, passing the bill onto the rest of us, he would have had some options:

-Rely on the goodness of friends, family, and community to help pay the bill
-Sell some possession without going bankrupt
-yes, possibly a gofundme campaign
-pull from his 401k (he's fiscally conservative, right?), penalty free for qualified medical emergency...

All of those are better than screwing himself (bankruptcy) and the rest of us (Mooching, as we pay the written off bill).

People that can't tell the difference between $6500 and $300,000+ may not be the most qualified to enter into a discussion about the benefits of insurance....

So anyone who gets a subsidy is mooching also. Why can't this guy mooch also. Isn't being a mooch considered a right these days.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:14 PM

191 posts, read 172,133 times
I would bet my bottom dollar that Sheriff Mack and his wife are both on Obamacare and receiving generous subsidies or they are both on Medicaid. The bills they have were incurred before they signed up during the open enrollment period. Mack has been completely silent on the issue. Remember Ayn Rand signed up for Medicare and took out thousands more than she put in. Mack and his wife will do the same with the ACA. It is the rest of us who pick up the tab for people like Mack who don't purchase healthcare until that emergency hits. These two are now the leeches that they decried last year.
Its actually in my opinion a lot harder to find a conservative who doesn't depend on the government healthcare handout than it is a liberal.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myghost View Post
If they are refusing coverage, they are.

If they are able to be employed and refuse to, they are. But if they are hard working, doing the best they can, and still can't make ends meet without subsidies, then I'd put them in a different class than the person that had the means (any means, including a subsidy) to be insured and CHOSE not to be to make a point, until their point slapped them in the face.

but others are paying their way just like this guy. So both must be turd stains.

Old 02-27-2015, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robertfchew View Post
but others are paying their way just like this guy. So both must be turd stains.
Wait a minute. Are you calling every citizen of USA a turd-stain? Because we all are subsidized in some way or another. I would not agree.

As I already stated, I think there are plenty of people milking the system, not working and collecting subsidies. Only a very (!) small fraction are in a situation where they really can't work. Excepting those few, anyone who is not working and collecting welfare is a turd-stain.

OTOH: Someone who is working hard at one or more full-tme jobs, and still can't make ends meet, they are not a turd-stain.

In a society, even the lower-valued jobs are necessary. If we aren't willing to pay a living wage for them, then they are probably going to have to be subsidized. I don't see how that makes the guy doing that job a turd-stain. Maybe the person not paying him enough, while they drive their Bentley home to their gated community on subsidized profits. Now THAT is a turd-stain...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies