Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-26-2015, 07:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,552,753 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Rental rates, are weekly almost everywhere.

If it was a purchase, then the delivery people wouldn't have any knowledge if they were paid in full, or paying monthly since a sale, even if financed, would be sold to a finance company and the furniture place would be paid in advance regardless.
Your comment doesnt make sense.

The Person I responded to never once disclosed how they knew any information nor if they rented or paid, for all you know, they guessed.

but again, my point was simply to show that it is possible to have a monthly rate at or below 20 dollars. I did that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2015, 07:05 PM

580 posts, read 450,067 times
Quote:
Yes, but in this example, its the developers who are using taxpayer money to build, and then taxpayer money to pay for, their investments.

It happens all the time. We'll next have a thread about why the rich are getting richer, and liberals will wonder why.
Don't be stupid. The liberals have been railing against corporate welfare for decades...

Old 03-26-2015, 07:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Your comment doesnt make sense.

The Person I responded to never once disclosed how they knew any information nor if they rented or paid, for all you know, they guessed.

but again, my point was simply to show that it is possible to have a monthly rate at or below 20 dollars. I did that.
But what you showed was only for a couch, clearly you arent suggesting people who live in Section 8, only on couches, are you? They arent any different than you and I..

All I suggested was that if it was a rental, its more than likely weekly, not monthly, and rentals, are the only way a delivery driver would know how much the customer is paying, since if it was a sale, the store would be paid in full, ahead of time, even if it was financed.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjski View Post
Don't be stupid. The liberals have been railing against corporate welfare for decades...
Of course they have, while they demand more and more policies which create even more corporate welfare, citing "for the children", or "for the poor"..

We must create section 8 housing to help the poor, and then whine that rich people are renting to the poor people and thus becoming richer..

Railing against it, and then creating policies which attribute to it, is pretty dam dumb, but thats liberals fo ryou.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:18 PM

1,735 posts, read 1,770,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by e30is View Post
Does inclusionary zoning not fit the bill? Because this is what's exactly happening in that county. So I'm not sure why I should be shocked when I have seen the effects firsthand hand in these areas when I lived in MD. This has shown some profound effects in some of the schools as this link shows.
This is one of the many efforts by very liberal county officials whose goal is to reduce economic and racial segregation in one of the wealthiest counties in the country. Just about all of their efforts have backfired.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:36 PM

2,851 posts, read 3,475,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Many are missing the larger point:

"The complexes listed below were built, acquired or renovated with public funds, and therefore are required to set aside a certain number of affordable units," the county web page says.

These "luxurious" "free market" condos were built with taxpayer money (the same as a public housing complex) in a city that leeches and leeches off the Federal Government and profits massively from NEEDLESS war, so you're DAMN right they should have to set aside affordable units for working Americans-and many Section 8 tenants work and actually pay a significant amount in rent.

Why is it that some people HATE when the poor receive anything from the Government, but never would dare say a word when the wealthiest in our society are spoonfed TRILLIONS and TRILLIONS?

Why aren't people complaining about the developers of these condos that chose to use PUBLIC MONEY, which required them to set aside units for Section 8? It makes no sense to complain about the poor people, THAT HAD NO SAY IN THE MATTER.
Do you use that line when you sell houses too?

"Over there is a war monger. There is a kleptocracy doctor who should be working for free." and I'm sure that you point out to buyers or put on the listing you put up "Located close to Section 8 housing, just minutes away!"

Old 03-26-2015, 07:43 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,886,289 times
Doesn't surprise me. Wander if the FEDs also throw parties with prostitutes there. I mean not long ago the people who run HUD were spending millions on business parties themselves. IRS; Secret services constantly. Now DEA and likely FBI/ Justice Dept. that knew and didn't report. Messed up; firing are in order.

Old 03-26-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
But what you showed was only for a couch, clearly you arent suggesting people who live in Section 8, only on couches, are you? They arent any different than you and I..
You have a problem with one couch ?

Also, at 14 dollars a month, im guessing you could throw in a TV and table for less than 20 dollars total a month. But again, the person I responded to simply said furniture. he didnt say living room set+ TV and blah blah, blah

Quote:
All I suggested was that if it was a rental, its more than likely weekly, not monthly, and rentals, are the only way a delivery driver would know how much the customer is paying, since if it was a sale, the store would be paid in full, ahead of time, even if it was financed.

1. Again, he didnt say rental, i did, and even the link i used wasnt a rental and it was less per month than that the OP used.

2. Credit = revenue. One of the first things you learn when it comes to retail. Your job as a salesmen is to get people to sign up for credit instead of paying in full.

3. As i stated before, the guy I responded to could very well be guessing based on #2, the majority buy on credit,he could just be assuming.

this is like the 8 comment on this.

Old 03-26-2015, 08:25 PM

Quote:
You have a problem with one couch ?
Dont be ridiculous, the only point I was making was rental rates are monthly, not weekly, so when they said $20 a month, they might have meant $20 a week, thus $80 a month..
Quote:
Also, at 14 dollars a month, im guessing you could throw in a TV and table for less than 20 dollars total a month. But again, the person I responded to simply said furniture. he didnt say living room set+ TV and blah blah, blah
I'd like to know where you're getting all this stuff that cheap. Well more accurately, my ex probably wants to know.. she has to buy all new crap. you should message her and help her out, she owns nothing now. Might need to go into section 8 soon, that'll drive someone bonkers I'm sure..
Quote:
1. Again, he didnt say rental, i did, and even the link i used wasnt a rental and it was less per month than that the OP used.
But someone who PURCHASED, wouldnt have their monthly rate disclosed to a delivery driver. What part of this dont you understand?
Quote:
2. Credit = revenue. One of the first things you learn when it comes to retail. Your job as a salesmen is to get people to sign up for credit instead of paying in full.
Yes thats because the note is SOLD for more than the cash price, since the store gets the price of the furniture and then a percentage of the interest. If they dont pay, the store still got paid up front, thats how they pay to turn over inventory.

the delivery driver wouldnt have a clue if it was financed or paid by cash because the store already got paid. This is the part you dont understand.

Its the same way with car dealerships etc.
Quote:
3. As i stated before, the guy I responded to could very well be guessing based on #2, the majority buy on credit,he could just be assuming.

this is like the 8 comment on this.
Yeah, its beyond dumb you would argue with me simply because I said rental terms are weekly for the most part.

Old 03-26-2015, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Dont be ridiculous, the only point I was making was rental rates are monthly, not weekly, so when they said $20 a month, they might have meant $20 a week, thus $80 a month..
But you dont know that, it could be monthly

Quote:
I'd like to know where you're getting all this stuff that cheap. Well more accurately, my ex probably wants to know.. she has to buy all new crap. you should message her and help her out, she owns nothing now. Might need to go into section 8 soon, that'll drive someone bonkers I'm sure..
If i read the link i gave you correctly, the 14 dollars a month was for 4 years of financing. a 200 dollar tv and 50 dollar table would keep you under 20 dollars including interest.

Quote:
But someone who PURCHASED, wouldnt have their monthly rate disclosed to a delivery driver. What part of this dont you understand?
I understand your argument just fine, im saying their are multiple flaws in your argument. the main one being that everything you are saying is an assumption. Heck as far as you know, the delivery guy is the one who sold them the furniture.

Quote:
yes thats because the note is SOLD for more than the cash price, since the store gets the price of the furniture and then a percentage of the interest. If they dont pay, the store still got paid up front, thats how they pay to turn over inventory.

the delivery driver wouldnt have a clue if it was financed or paid by cash because the store already got paid. This is the part you dont understand.
refer back to the previous point.

Quote:
Its the same way with car dealerships etc.
you are absolutely wrong here, anyone working at a car dealership would be able to know if you paid in full or not. it is one click of a computer away. I would believe it is the same at a furniture store.

Quote:
Yeah, its beyond dumb you would argue with me simply because I said rental terms are weekly for the most part.
1. You replied to my post, not the other way around

2. You are basing your entire argument on an assumption

3. That assumption is based on an argument the person I responded to didnt even make

4. I already proved my point and even gave you a link to a nation wide retailer.

At this point you are just trolling and I dont even know why, but Kentucky is destroying WV so I have time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies