Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 10:50 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
get real my azz. its nothing more than their agenda being forced into everyone's face.
Most people would go find another bussiness to accomadate them rather than go through the time and money to file a stupid lawsuit because their "feelings are hurt".

you go get real!
Sorry, no matter what's forced in your face, you'll have to follow the law or suffer the consequences. Those consequences can be a lawsuit or sanctions from the state in some places.

Many will find another business-- But they shouldn't have to. I shouldn't have to shop around and be inconvenienced to accommodate your bigotry.

Nor should your bigotry determine where I can and can't shop.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 10:52 AM

8,949 posts, read 12,141,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and where is the law written at? people keep saying this but I don't see it.
I'd love to see you bat ss****t crazy LWNJ be forced to do something against your beliefs.
My taxes go to support wars I don't believe in. These wars were started by a party I did not vote for. I still pay my taxes.

Just like, if you operate a public accommodation, you'll have to serve gay people-- even if you don't like it. We do tend to tip well, however.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:54 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
But you can impose yours on me, and, use it as justification to refuse service? Sounds a tad hypocritical.

We don't run the state based on your or anyones religious values.

If you run a public accommodation you must serve the entire public. If you feel baking wedding cakes for the entire public voids your religious belief than don't run a public accommodation.
Aside from the same Constitution guaranteeing a right of free association, we'll focus on what the progressive left also fails to admit: that an attempt is being made to coerce a product from spiritually resistant people who have invested livelihoods which are partially dependent on making products to be used in ways they hope don't violate their principles.

Old 04-02-2015, 10:56 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,981,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
My taxes go to support wars I don't believe in. These wars were started by a party I did not vote for. I still pay my taxes.
Those wars were started by neocons (aka leftist Republicans, aka Rockefeller Repubublicans). Neoconservatism is "neo-" (i.e., 'new-,' 'improved-,' 'lefty anodyne-') for a reason: it is, on record, Trotskyism brought by Bill Kristol's father, Irving Kristol, into the U.S. via Mexico City in the 1950s.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:01 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Oh, I get it. But look at how many people in this thread believe that the rewrite will force private sector business owners to provide goods and services for same-sex weddings even if doing so violates the business owners' religion.
Well, they were in their lynch mob mode, and it appeared at first glance that Pence had backed down. They started their celebration frenzy without reading what was being proposed. They are probably going to have to unwind from their manic state of delirium before anyone is going to be able to talk with them about this reasonably.

Watch them come back tomorrow (or perhaps later) and change their tune when they figure out what the Republicans have actually done here. Or more correctly, when they find out what the Republicans have NOT done.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:03 AM

22,193 posts, read 19,473,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The First Amendment, which guarantees everyone the right to exercise their religion. For those private sector business owners whose religion prohibits same-sex marriage, the law cannot force them to provide goods or services for same-sex wedding ceremonies. That violates their First Amendment rights.

A Business is not a person.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:07 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Homosexuals are not a person.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:08 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,526,696 times
Quote:
A business does not discriminate. People do.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:09 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Wrong.

When Did Companies Become People? Excavating The Legal Evolution : NPR

Old 04-02-2015, 11:10 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,711,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
A business does not discriminate.
False.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies