Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2015, 03:19 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
The Bible says a sin is a sin is a sin. (With one exception). Do you ever gossip? Do you ever check out the hot woman that walks by? Do you ever wish you could have a new car like your neighbors?

Should the baker say "I heard you talking about our neighbor, no cake for you"?

Would Jesus engage the sinner or would he tell them he hated them and wanted nothing to do with them? This is something I've never understood. You can disagree with what a person is doing while still be friends with them. Do you think the gay couple will care more about what you have to say if you are kind to them or tell them to hit the road?

Speaking from what I understand you can not change people only God can. If God believes what they are doing is a sin do you not think he can deal with that far, far better than you can?

I believe Jesus instructed you to go out and tell people about him, not go out and **** people off.

Am I wrong?
Not at all. "Let him who is without sin cast the first stone."

And there are LOTS of stones being tossed around this thread, some of them admittedly my own. It just irks me when people commit the sin of hate and intolerance in the name of someone who stood for love and still try and claim the moral high ground in His name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2015, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Jesus would have stoned homosexuals in accordance with the Law just like any other man of the day would have done. Christians have come to grudging acceptance of homosexuality only in the last few years, and not all of them have done that either. Your sappy liberal views of Christianity are of very recent evolution.
Uh... no. My "sappy" views of Christianity are based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. I remember Jesus feeding the masses and changing water into wine, but not so much Him stoning anyone. In fact, didn't he stopped a stoning and challenged those tossing the stones to examine their own sin? Odd, you must have a different version of the New Testament than I do.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Jesus would have stoned homosexuals in accordance with the Law just like any other man of the day would have done. Christians have come to grudging acceptance of homosexuality only in the last few years, and not all of them have done that either. Your sappy liberal views of Christianity are of very recent evolution.
LOL.

....and Jesus cast the first stone saying die you heretic

I don't recall the verse but it's there somewhere, right?

Old 04-02-2015, 03:27 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Uh... no. My "sappy" views of Christianity are based on the teachings of Jesus Christ. I clearly remember Jesus feeding the masses and changing water into wine, but not so much Him stoning anyone. You must have a different version of the New Testament than I do.
oh hogwash. Christians have murdered millions in the name of Jesus. This "good Jesus" nonsense has been around for less than 10% of Christian history.

Now Jesus did flog the bankers which is something I admire him for and suggest that Christians start doing as a matter of religious practice.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:29 PM

Quote:
oh hogwash. Christians have murdered millions in the name of Jesus. This "good Jesus" nonsense has been around for less than 10% of Christian history.

Now Jesus did flog the bankers which is something I admire him for and suggest that Christians start doing as a matter of religious practice.
No he didn't. You are a joke. A plant perhaps.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:31 PM

Quote:

Yes, they have and they all were WRONG in doing so. Are you claiming that Jesus told the Christians (perhaps on the sly or with a secret hand shake) that he really didn't mean all that sappy love crap and that they should just go ahead and kill people in His name? PEOPLE are fallible. Sometimes they pervert the messages of Jesus for their own gain or due to their own fear.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Yes, they have and they all were WRONG in doing so. Are you claiming that Jesus told the Christians (perhaps on the sly or with a secret hand shake) that he really didn't mean all that sappy love crap and that they should just go ahead and kill people in His name? PEOPLE are fallible. Sometimes they pervert the messages of Jesus for their own gain or due to their own fear.
Obviously he is not to be taken seriously.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:34 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
LOL.

....and Jesus cast the first stone saying die you heretic

I don't recall the verse but it's there somewhere, right?
This had to do with adultery, but it still applies:
John 8:7 When they kept on questioning him, he straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her."

Old 04-02-2015, 03:38 PM

39,081 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Sometimes? I think usually is the more appropriate word. Anyway, back to my point. Being a good Christian means you oppose homosexual acts including homosexual marriage. It is part and parcel of being a Christian. Liberal nuance will never change that.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Sometimes? I think usually is the more appropriate word. Anyway, back to my point. Being a good Christian means you oppose homosexual acts including homosexual marriage. It is part and parcel of being a Christian. Liberal nuance will never change that.
But, Jesus didn't say that EVER. You're pointing to words in the Old Testament and attributing them to Christianity whose founder was JESUS CHRIST and whose Gospel is wholly contained in the New Testament. If Jesus had wanted to reiterate what was in the Old Testament, He would have. If He had an opinion on the subject that He wanted his disciples to know, He would have said so. But, He didn't so how do you call yourself a Christian when you do NOT believe His words or lack there of?

And who says being a good Christian means you oppose homosexuality? You? Your church or pastor? Uh.... none of those supercede the words of Christ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies