Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2015, 02:21 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Considering the rep points I've gotten on my post calling you out, and the comments that said you made a bigoted statement, you're the one with the comprehension problem.

Drop the bigoted statements and move along.
I wouldn't be bragging about getting rep points from people with elementary level reading comprehension.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2015, 02:31 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I wouldn't be bragging about getting rep points from people with elementary level reading comprehension.
I see what you think you did there.

Old 04-22-2015, 02:47 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
Yeah scream "affirmative action" whenever you don't get your way in life.
Lol...well...

Thing is, he's claiming that he needed AA to get into St Louis, but SOMEHOW he got into UCLA and completed his studies.

What, did UCLA become a school for slugs all of a sudden? Last I checked, UCLA was a damn good school. How'd he get in there with his only fairly decent GPA when schools are supposedly discriminating against Asians?

So much for his "need AA to get in school" nonsense.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:00 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...well...

Thing is, he's claiming that he needed AA to get into St Louis, but SOMEHOW he got into UCLA and completed his studies.

What, did UCLA become a school for slugs all of a sudden? Last I checked, UCLA was a damn good school. How'd he get in there with his only fairly decent GPA when schools are supposedly discriminating against Asians?

This.

Hopefully someone in this lengthy thread posted the debunking portion of this guy's "experiment." He got into a low level school and didn't get into any of the top rate institutions that his premise would make one believe that they could get into all based on being black and mediocre.

The school in question - St. Louis also stated that his academic achievement met requirements for admission in 1998 so he was not mediocre compared to the rest of the admitted class if his claims are true.

Old 04-22-2015, 03:07 PM

19,845 posts, read 12,113,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Not my problem you aren't able to disperse between a relative statement and a generalization without me having to use quantifiers before "white males", "women" and "minorities".

Do what you have to do, though, to ignore the point.
Is the word you were looking for discern?

Old 04-22-2015, 03:15 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Is the word you were looking for discern?
Sure.

Synonyms of disperse include separate, so the word works, too.

And the point of this post was....?

Aren't you that poster that thought I was hitting on you and then said you "prefer to date men"?

Old 04-22-2015, 07:38 PM

132 posts, read 122,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Lol...well...

Yeah this whole thing definitely seems like a sham.
My other statement was for people who blame black people or AA when they don't get into the school they desired, etc. I've seen people here do that way too often, so I wanted to have a little fun and mock them.

Last edited by TheBlackAmerican; 04-22-2015 at 07:59 PM..

Old 04-22-2015, 08:27 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBlackAmerican View Post
Yeah this whole thing definitely seems like a sham.
My other statement was for people who blame black people or AA when they don't get into the school they desired, etc. I've seen people here do that way too often, so I wanted to have a little fun and mock them.
No, I understood exactly what you meant.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:22 PM

2,540 posts, read 1,035,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Indians/Asians don't count as minorities.
I can't believe that people don't know that. It is the double whammy of being discriminated against in public because of the color of your skin, but having no advantages when it comes to quotas for schools, higher education, or hiring practices.

If leftist quotas continue, I can see more and more Indians in the future (as we get more into second and even third generation kids who were brought up here) claiming to be "Black" for affirmative action purposes. First generation Indians are generally appalled at the thought of being classified as the same race as African Americans but the ones brought up in the U.S. and Canada are far more likely to be open to it.

Old 06-11-2020, 02:25 PM

50,382 posts, read 64,021,617 times
Like they say, “What do you call the guy who graduated medical school at the bottom of his class?”
DOCTOR.

And anyway, a lot of Indians are a lot blacker than African Americans, so what’s the distinction?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies