Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2015, 06:16 PM

428 posts, read 344,620 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
And what would you have them do? At this point, there's not a lot of options other than getting more people on the ground to have a very visible presence.
You can certainly make the case for the rapid increase in US-based urban training for regular military.

They may well be looking at projections showing far more of this kind of thing over time.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:19 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Maude View Post
You can certainly make the case for the rapid increase in US-based urban training for regular military.

They may well be looking at projections showing far more of this kind of thing over time.
"Regular" military can't be used on US soil against our citizens. Perhaps you meant National Guard?

Old 04-27-2015, 06:19 PM

73,050 posts, read 62,657,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
And you know what, let these idiots these ignorant smug people, live with what they have destroyed.

Don't built the city back up, let them live within the destruction that they have caused. You do not solve problems with violence, does not work.

And you cannot feel bad, this is Not the way to solve problems, at least people with a brain in their head already now this.

Please no friggin excuses.
Well, violence has gotten one thing the rioters wanted. Attention. The very fact that people are talking about this and that it's in the national news, the rioters got what they wanted. Attention.

I was listening to the radio station, a gospel radio station. There was a discussion about anger in relation to the mayhem in Baltimore. One thing it mentioned was about the mentality, the mentality of "if you aren't going to listen to me, I am going to make you listen". What was said was that the rioting in Baltimore mirrors the mentality of the men who use that kind of mentality in their home, the mentality of "listen to me or violence will come".

Old 04-27-2015, 06:22 PM

468 posts, read 553,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Just like in every similar riot in recent memory, the rioters will destroy their own community and eliminate jobs by burning businesses where they live and work.
The more things change the more they stay the same..
Funny, I'm looking at CNN's live coverage of the riots now and a few black leaders are being diplomatic and pointing out exactly that; that these people are destroying their own community. One man actually called the rioters 'thugs', but generally they're being very diplomatic.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:23 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Most people who get the snot beat out of them by the cops deserve it.

I think that if you have an arrest record with more than 3 incidents on it, then you're basically saying "the rules of society don't apply to me. I'm going to break the law and I don't care."

In which case, I got no sympathy for your brah! You brought this on yourself and deserve all the as$ whippins you get at the hands of the Poelice.
Internet bravado doesn't impress me.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:24 PM

468 posts, read 553,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
One word: animals.
This is an insult to animals. Animals are usually not self-destructive or harmful to the environment unless provoked by humans. Except the parasitic ones of course.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, violence has gotten one thing the rioters wanted. Attention. The very fact that people are talking about this and that it's in the national news, the rioters got what they wanted. Attention.

I was listening to the radio station, a gospel radio station. There was a discussion about anger in relation to the mayhem in Baltimore. One thing it mentioned was about the mentality, the mentality of "if you aren't going to listen to me, I am going to make you listen". What was said was that the rioting in Baltimore mirrors the mentality of the men who use that kind of mentality in their home, the mentality of "listen to me or violence will come".
Sounds like the George Bush mentality.

Old 04-27-2015, 06:25 PM

11,272 posts, read 11,037,507 times
In the meantime, Asians, Mexicans, Muslims, and most other minorities are making significant strides and headway in this country. What is wrong with this other "minority" group? Do they really not get the big picture?

Every one of these individuals that these people riot over seem to have significant criminal histories. Are there any out there that are not criminals? Seriously, what gives?

Old 04-27-2015, 06:26 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocco Barbosa View Post
Why? They don't have anything to do with me.

I'm sure white folks are not ashamed to be white because of Jim Crow and slavery.

BLACKS ARE NOT MONOLITHIC. We are individuals. What one black man does, does not affect me.

Blacks looting has no affect on me at all. I'll never be ashamed to be of my own race.
If I saw whites acting like hoodlems burning down cities because of their race I would speak up against them ..

You don't know me, but if I see anyone acting indecent , I will speak up! We all have a duty to speak up when we see bad behavior.. I don't look the other way!

Old 04-27-2015, 06:28 PM

428 posts, read 344,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
"Regular" military can't be used on US soil against our citizens.
That's not true so far as I understand it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies