Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 06:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber123rd View Post
That is not the case. Here, "deliquency of a minor" is actually a simplification of the title of a Virginia law concerning what you might call statutory rape ("Causing or encouraging acts rendering children delinquent, abused, etc."). Please read my earlier post about this.

In short, the "statutory rape" of a 15-17 year-old in VA falls under that delinquency of a minor law.
Thats not the same as statutory rape, the argument is that she is still a minor and there for any action she does with an adult deemed "delinquent" by the state falls under that statute. Its a slippery slop for any state.

Its a "catch all". He could have been charged with this for many number of reasons, he could have has her skip school, took her on a day trip to DC, anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2015, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Good for him becoming an indy. Maybe he realizes that both parties suck. That doesn't change that he was previously elected as a Democrat and since the kid is 9 years old it stands to reason that he was a Democrat at the time of the teenager got pregnant.
That fact wasnt part of the debate. We were talking about his current situation.

But i do find it funny how you want to blame him on democrats right up until the point where I show he is an Independent, then all of a sudden its "Good for him"

Old 05-26-2015, 07:45 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
But i do find it funny how you want to blame him on democrats right up until the point where I show he is an Independent, then all of a sudden its "Good for him"
Why? Since I think that both parties are full of it, it is natural for me to be disdainful of a Democrat. The guy has come across from the dark side(Dems and the GOP) and is now an enlightened independent. if you disagree that this is a good thing, you must be still blundering about in the gloom of partisanship. Open your eyes. Democracy exists to inhibit change.

Old 05-26-2015, 09:40 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,898,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Um she is still a baby mama. They arent married yet and he has other kids with other baby mamas. So how is he different from young black men? He isn't married to any of his kids parents. He's an old white man that got a young black woman pregnant, and because of his position he can't abandon his responsibilities. But with all the baby mamas he has, beyond the fact that he's paying child support, I fail to see how he's any better then the young black men you stereotype.

He could, no doubt, kick her to the curb. He is sticking with her and not denying the fact the kid is his. He is no doubt paying for the kid, whether he has others or not.

How does one stereotype truth and fact?

Old 05-27-2015, 10:03 AM

3,063 posts, read 3,274,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
*checks recent headline news...Dugar, etc etc

Uh huh. Sorry but no. You've been fed a line, democrats, and republicans both are human beings in all their messed up glory. Your statements are a great example of confirmation bias.
Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
He could, no doubt, kick her to the curb. He is sticking with her and not denying the fact the kid is his. He is no doubt paying for the kid, whether he has others or not.

How does one stereotype truth and fact?
Because one is under the assumption that if she were pregnant by a black man she'd be on welfare and a single baby mama as if this is a fact when the reality is that not all black man are deadbeats. The statistics certainly make a case for why her chances might be higher in being a single mother if pregnant by a black man but this does not mean that this would have been the case for her. Since she did not get pregnant by a black man its neither here or there-we don't know what would happen. Yet according to some of the posters they are certain that she would be another stat and my point is that we cannot assume that would be the case.

Furthermore the mere fact that she is a single baby mama with a baby by a white man that already has other baby mamas doesnt seem positive. Yes she won't be on welfare and he will take care of his kid but as it stands right now she is still a baby mama sooo I fail to see how getting pregnant by a white man made this a positive outcome.

But I guess the logic is at least she is not another baby mama on the dole thanks to the white man--nvm the fact that because of this white man she's another teen baby mama which certainly isnt a positive thing.

Overall i don't see the point incomparing him to a black man. because no matter which way you frame it despite her getting pregnant by a white man she is still another unmarried teen mother.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:16 PM

553 posts, read 617,306 times
Quote:
Thats not the same as statutory rape, the argument is that she is still a minor and there for any action she does with an adult deemed "delinquent" by the state falls under that statute. Its a slippery slop for any state.

Its a "catch all". He could have been charged with this for many number of reasons, he could have has her skip school, took her on a day trip to DC, anything.
Clause (i) of the statute is a "catch all", while Clause (ii) specifically mentions sexual intercourse (among other acts) with 15-17 year-olds. There is no separate or harsher penalty for statutory rape (of a 15+ child) in VA.

Old 05-28-2015, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.C. Ogilvy View Post
Why? Since I think that both parties are full of it, it is natural for me to be disdainful of a Democrat. The guy has come across from the dark side(Dems and the GOP) and is now an enlightened independent. if you disagree that this is a good thing, you must be still blundering about in the gloom of partisanship. Open your eyes. Democracy exists to inhibit change.
You do realize that advocating that every party is bad, you are being partisan right ??? You dont have to be a part of a party to be partisan in the spirit of the word.

You are simply arguing that you are right and im wrong, thats not some enlightened path, its you being a hypocrite.

And it makes you even more of a hypocrite because he is an independent and he has committed a crime and yet you dont see anything wrong with that.

Last edited by dsjj251; 05-28-2015 at 05:56 PM..

Old 05-28-2015, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobber123rd View Post
Clause (i) of the statute is a "catch all", while Clause (ii) specifically mentions sexual intercourse (among other acts) with 15-17 year-olds. There is no separate or harsher penalty for statutory rape (of a 15+ child) in VA.

Both are different parts of the same catch all, and its not statutory rate, it says right in the law that it is consensual because the person is over the age of consent.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:10 PM

2,686 posts, read 1,772,016 times
Quote:
Both are different parts of the same catch all, and its not statutory rate, it says right in the law that it is consensual because the person is over the age of consent.
Why are you defending this guy?

Old 05-28-2015, 06:15 PM

553 posts, read 617,306 times
Quote:
Okay, I suppose that VA's "Carnal knowledge of child between thirteen and fifteen years of age" law (§ 18.2-63) is statutory rape, then? That law recognizes the consent of 13-year-olds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies