Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2008, 12:33 PM

4,494 posts, read 7,483,325 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigthirsty View Post
Yep.. totally thought about it.
....And?!........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2008, 12:39 PM

1,408 posts, read 4,863,391 times
I'm thankful and proud to live here in the United States, the greatest country on earth! So NO, I wouldn't even dream of moving/living anywhere else.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:37 PM

4,440 posts, read 9,071,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Grass Fever View Post
....And?!........
still here. My brother lives overseas. I see no problem with it. Why would someone assume that you are un-American if you don't live here. There are pros and cons to living overseas. Its not all good.. and its not all bad.

Old 01-21-2008, 03:14 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
One of the reasons I don't want to live in the US, is the evangelical religious movement. I prefer residing in a culture that is accepting of everyone.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:56 PM

3,150 posts, read 8,719,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
One of the reasons I don't want to live in the US, is the evangelical religious movement. I prefer residing in a culture that is accepting of everyone.
A respectable reason, however that only makes them more powerful. I suppose I could say it actually is one of the reasons I would remain here but I digress.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:13 PM

4,050 posts, read 6,141,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
A respectable reason, however that only makes them more powerful.
Does it really? I'm not sure how. I guess it grants people a certain importance if we insist that we can't stand to live with them. Beyond that, I'm not sure.

I've never seriously thought about leaving. I've toyed with the idea when I was upset about some political matter, but I doubt those issues will ever make me angry enough to leave, though who knows what the future holds. I haven't even managed to leave Louisiana for an extended period of time yet, so leaving the US is unlikely.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
Does it really? I'm not sure how. I guess it grants people a certain importance if we insist that we can't stand to live with them. Beyond that, I'm not sure.
I said that because it drives people out and keeps people from coming in according to that poster. Power in numbers/ratio I guess?

Old 01-21-2008, 07:26 PM

1,845 posts, read 4,229,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuAnn245 View Post
we lived in Spain form 1986-1992, four years...

I dont think social climate is what would make me leave here, or seriously even make others come here, I would hope it would be more for new found freedom like it always has been and will be ...Im glad you found a place that suits your needs better than here... can you tell us where it is?...as for retirment, lol, well, I want my lil feet in front of the fireplace I spent years bustin my backside HERE to pay for right here in the old USA
Most of the Europeans with families/children I know would LOVE to move to the US for the opportunities the US can afford them. Many of the European countries do very little to provide opportunities in education and the economy for the following generation. The population is aging and the birth rate is negative. The economic cost/problem of the aging society is much more acute there than in the US.

Quality of life in Europe is good for those who have generations of landowning. But those that don't or are new to Europe have little hope of advancement.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:43 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,290,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTraik View Post
I said that because it drives people out and keeps people from coming in according to that poster. Power in numbers/ratio I guess?
Please don't mischaracterize what I am stating. I am talking about me only. You cannot extrapolate as you choose from what one person states, no matter how it supports your agenda.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Please don't mischaracterize what I am stating. I am talking about me only. You cannot extrapolate as you choose from what one person states, no matter how it supports your agenda.
Don't flatter yourself, your not the only one .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies