Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2015, 07:57 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times

Advertisements

Oh no, she might not be eligible either:

http://cdn01.dailycaller.com/wp-cont...-3-620x594.png

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-24-2015 at 03:00 PM..

Old 06-24-2015, 08:00 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Everyone is not a racist, prejudice maybe, using stereotypes to relate to or judge others, maybe, racist? I don't think so.

Southerners talk slow, so they must be stupid. They are backward. They are ignorant rednecks. What a shame they can’t be as elite and as enlightened as their northern cousins. The fact is, they just don’t fit into proper modern America. Isn’t it a shame? This remains one of the few politically correct topics of “humor” in comedy shows. You can always make fun of the rednecks who speak with a Southern drawl.But these same people retain a modern pride in the heritage of their region.

in keeping with liberal theory, we must eliminate some piece of cloth that reminds them of their heritage, even if it has nothing to do with racism or slavery in their minds. (in their minds being the key words here) It does to us! That requires a trigger warning, mister, and you didn’t provide us with a safe space!

Personally, I don't care either way, removing that flag, everybody happy. But let's not pretend EVERYBODY flies that flag is racist.
How do you define the difference between being a racist and being prejudice? Aren't they both just degrees of the same thing? You can't be a racist without being prejudice and if you are prejudice you are basing those feelings on race and that makes a person a racist.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:00 AM

39,239 posts, read 27,629,646 times
It's not mean-spirited to hold a different view on the practical level that comes from the same fundamental values. What's mean-spirited is to suggest that those who hold such different views must necessarily be mean-spirited.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
How do you define the difference between being a racist and being prejudice? Aren't they both just degrees of the same thing? You can't be a racist without being prejudice and if you are prejudice you are basing those feelings on race and that makes a person a racist.
Well, do you believe EVERYONE is a racist like the other poster suggested?

Old 06-24-2015, 08:02 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.
Racial discrimination is unequal treatment due to your skin color.

They are not the same thing.

I'm called racist for asking a student to be quiet.
Yes, I have 11 year olds calling me a racist because I'm White, they are Black and I asked them to do something.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:06 AM

39,875 posts, read 26,532,311 times
But..but...but----that's deeferent. Blame Bush.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:07 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,319,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Racism is the belief that one race is superior to another.
Racial discrimination is unequal treatment due to your skin color.

They are not the same thing.
I don't disagree. HOWEVER, I didn't ask about the difference between racial discrimination and racism. I asked what is the difference between being a racist and being prejudice. And I asked lilyflower who seems unwilling to answer that simple question about her statement below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Everyone is not a racist, prejudice maybe, using stereotypes to relate to or judge others, maybe, racist? I don't think so.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:09 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,531,102 times
Quote:
I don't disagree. HOWEVER, I didn't ask about the difference between racial discrimination and racism. I asked what is the difference between being a racist and being prejudice. And I asked lilyflower who seems unwilling to answer that simple question about one of her statements.
If you are a racist then you are prejudiced against all other races, not just Blacks.

Old 06-24-2015, 08:10 AM

10,420 posts, read 10,835,361 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__kQX12S9YI Sooo....is the song the next thing to be "banned"?

Old 06-24-2015, 08:15 AM

Quote:
I don't disagree. HOWEVER, I didn't ask about the difference between racial discrimination and racism. I asked what is the difference between being a racist and being prejudice. And I asked lilyflower who seems unwilling to answer that simple question about her statement below.
The mentality of racism is:

Your race sickens me and in my mind, I am superior to you.
No matter what you say or do, I will NEVER like you.
Now, although when you think “Racism”, you automatically think
White vs. [Insert Race Here]

That is racism.

No need to get defensive, we are having a good conversation here.

I say something like "I'll think about what you said." Every interaction you ever have is an opportunity to learn. You might not agree with this person about their interpretation of your behavior, but it's good to understand their perspective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies