Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-01-2015, 12:48 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
How many of the almost 400,000 foster kids in the system right now, today, have you taken into your home to raise in a stable environment?

What is your proposition for flooding the system with millions more kids that we, as society, have deemed subhuman? The kids who age out of the system at 18 and go straight into drugs, prostitution, or continuing the cycle of poverty with pregnancy because they never had any sense of stability or normalcy in childhood? The kids who at 18 years old don't know how to boil water and have never been told they might have a chance to go to college because they've spent the past few years living in an orphanage otherwise known as a group home?

For all the talk about being against abortion, there's not much work being done to help the children who are already here who are already institutionalized.

The "worthless eater" argument...never saw that coming.

Old 08-01-2015, 01:07 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
There are around 700,000 abortions per year and around half by PP, do you realize that is a small part of their function. Do you really want to close down facilities that are involved in contraception and education, isn't that counter productive.

By the way we already have too many young mothers that are incapable of raising a child, no one wants abortion but the solution is in prevention. This constant re-litigation of Roe V Wade and inflammatory stories regarding PP is senseless.

Do you honestly feel that the closing of these clinics in Texas and Alabama accomplishes anything, it's senseless.

Just imagine 700,000 children a year being placed in social services, what's your plan.

Sadly, for some women, it will take the prospect of remaining pregnant to motivate them to use birth control.

Young mothers who don`t want to raise their child can put them up for adoption.

If you have been on this forum for any length of time you know my sister put her son up for adoption, that she interviewed several nice couples and then selected the one couple that would adopt my nephew.

He has a wonderful family, attends college, has a girl friend and plays hockey.

Women don`t get abortions because they don`t want to raise a child.

Women get abortions because they don`t want to be pregnant.

Old 08-01-2015, 07:15 AM

641 posts, read 240,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Sadly, for some women, it will take the prospect of remaining pregnant to motivate them to use birth control.

If you have been on this forum for any length of time you know my sister put her son up for adoption, that she interviewed several nice couples and then selected the one couple that would adopt my nephew.

Not all women get abortions because they do not want to be pregnant, but for serious medical issues that should not be anyones concern but the patient and her doctor. I personally know several cases that either caused a miscarriage, or ultimately a needed abortion, leaving the parent(s) devastated to lose the child they planned to raise.

My son, being placed by Catholic Charities, did not have any input from me as to where he went. Tho' it was over 40 years ago, so perhaps times have changed to allow this.

In my extended family, a preg. teen lived w/my brother and sister in law until the birth. My sister in law was very capable of keeping her "insanity" under wraps until left the girl left. We saw that she never felt a maternal love for this child, and today he is in rehab, out of jail, and trying hard to put some sort of life together that his adopted mom saw fit to keep in chaos. I give credit to my brother in law for being the anchor, but when one parent is not capable of being a good parent, and they end up fighting over the child day in and out, it does not bode well for the child in general.

That said, I know one doesn't need to be adopted to risk being w/terrible parents. Some are that way w/their own flesh and blood, too.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:00 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
I do think that abortion is pretty barbaric. It reminds me of how ancient cultures used to get rid of unwanted babies by exposure. Or some cultures practiced child sacrifice.

In context of the culture, it wasn't seen as bad or evil. I am hesitant to label any of the people that did this as bad or evil, even though the act seems barbaric to me.

I see abortion the same way. Our culture has pretty much made it an acceptable practice, and it's easy for people to dismiss the value of life when it comes to an unborn child. Many of these children are well past the point where it's not arguable if they are alive or not. But we've been conditioned to live in technicalities, forgetting the aspects of life and instead saying things like, "It's not 'alive' unless it's born." The people who believe this aren't necessarily bad or evil, but I do think that in order to justify the acts they do need to fool themselves.

It also disturbs me that the racist origins of Planned Parenthood come from the desire to limit the amount of black and/or poor babies. It was Sanger's "Final Solution".

In a few decades (hopefully not a few centuries), the whole abortion thing may be seen as horrible as we see slavery today.
Please provide a link from a reputable source to support this statement.

No, wait, I'll just go ahead and prove that you are wrong...

If the image is deleted: Induced Abortion in the United States

1.2% of all abortions occur after the 20th week. Just in case you're not clear on the math, that's NOT many.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:01 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

you say this like it is the easiest thing in the world.

have you ever taken a pregnancy to term? labored and delivered a baby? then give it up for adoption? lets hear about your experience with that.

if a young woman doesn't want to remain pregnant and be a breeder for people who can't bear their own children she most certainly does not have to.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Good God people. They were harvesting fetal organs and selling them to "Stem Express" who then posted them on the internet for sale...$12K for a "fresh fetal kidney"...screenshots of their website before they purged all body parts for sale pages are posted on the web by non-MSM sites.

They were running some racket there..Stem Express is one of the fast growing small businesses..revenues up over 1300% in 3 years.

And people defending PP. Utterly disgusting.

Just when you thought we could stoop no lower in America something like this comes along.
Harvesting baby organs from abortions for money.
In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different. At several PP centers, they help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and they do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does—with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards. There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood. In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.
Quote:
The donation of aborted human fetal tissue may come as a shock to a public unfamiliar with the practice but it is, in fact, a longstanding one. According to the American Society for Cell Biology, scientists have been researching human fetal tissue since the 1930s, with aborted tissue playing a part in the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s development of the rubella and varicella vaccines in the 1960s (PDF). Ronald Reagan put a hold on using fetal tissue for transplants in 1988 while other forms of fetal tissue research continued and Bill Clinton subsequently lifted Reagan’s moratorium in 1993. Planned Parenthood Doesn
97% of all abortions take place before the end of the first trimester. The embryo/fetus is smaller than a prune and it is has none of the qualities that define human existence.

There are no "baby parts" or "whole babies" being sold because there is no baby.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:13 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
In health care, patients sometimes want to donate tissue to scientific research that can help lead to medical breakthroughs, such as treatments and cures for serious diseases. Women at Planned Parenthood who have abortions are no different. At several PP centers, they help patients who want to donate tissue for scientific research, and they do this just like every other high-quality health care provider does—with full, appropriate consent from patients and under the highest ethical and legal standards. There is no financial benefit for tissue donation for either the patient or for Planned Parenthood. In some instances, actual costs, such as the cost to transport tissue to leading research centers, are reimbursed, which is standard across the medical field.
97% of all abortions take place before the end of the first trimester. The embryo/fetus is smaller than a prune and it is has none of the qualities that define human existence.

There are no "baby parts" or "whole babies" being sold because there is no baby.
Keep on smacking yourself. The tapes are talking about 2nd trimester abortions and how they sometimes get an entire intact embryo which they call "gold".

Old 08-01-2015, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Keep on smacking yourself. The tapes are talking about 2nd trimester abortions and how they sometimes get an entire intact embryo which they call "gold".
I don't believe an edited tape - you shouldn't either.

You say you are a teacher - where's your critical thinking skills?

Old 08-01-2015, 06:33 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
I don't believe an edited tape - you shouldn't either.

You say you are a teacher - where's your critical thinking skills?
PP is not saying the tapes are made up.
They are denying that they are making a profit off of fetal organ donation.
Whatever money was discussed is for shipping and handling.

That is what the crux of the accusation is...harvesting fetal organs for PROFIT.
PP says they are not profiting. They don't deny that they harvest. They said it's all legal. And it is.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:37 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Please provide a link from a reputable source to support this statement.

No, wait, I'll just go ahead and prove that you are wrong...

If the image is deleted: Induced Abortion in the United States

1.2% of all abortions occur after the 20th week. Just in case you're not clear on the math, that's NOT many.
I think NOT that many is subjective. With 1 million abortions that year, 1.2% is around 33/day abortions after the 20th week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies