Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-03-2015, 12:01 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I have been trying to find the language to express my discomfort with the presumption that anyone who does not welcome very large numbers of refugees into Europe with widely opened arms is somehow resurrecting the ghost of Hitler. Or the right language to express the proscribed thought that those in Eastern Europe who want to settle only Christian refugees might have appropriate reservations about the very real difficulties of integrating very different cultural and religious practices into their distinct way of life.

Wanting to Preserve Your Way of Life Does Not Make You Racist or Fascist*|*Nathan Gardels

Wow, just wow.

When the "lib" Huff Post starts going AGAINST multiculturalism; things MUST be getting bad in Europe with its illegal alien problem.
You might want to read that article again. It's a thinly veiled way of still calling you a racist if you don't accept all of the refugees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2015, 02:56 AM

667 posts, read 940,863 times
Lefts know better, what to do, they enforce anything they want or kill you if you do not agree with. According to lefts the entirely Europa must became Muslim and the Christian European Civilization must be annihilated.USA a little bit later. Anybody who is against, lefts call as racist, nazi or idiot. Therefore all non-lefts shall stop to afraid to be called racist or nazi if they still want to save and to preserve countries they live in.

Old 10-03-2015, 04:44 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,357,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Really a good valid point. I have ton of Hispanic friends and quite a lot of people I know whether because of clients, or friends or family members of our friends.

Hate to say it but your absolutely right, the majority of Hispanics I do know, stick together, and some after 20 years yes that long, still do not speak much English. And why is that. Last week I was speaking to a friend, and he told us, they send all their money back to Mexico, their heart is in Mexico, and when they retire, they will be going back to Mexico. Some of them even own 2 houses in Mexico, in fact the one guy asked me if I had any nice furniture I would like to sell, because he wanted to buy some of our furniture, and take it to Mexico.

I said nothing, since I know him pretty good, better to have kept my ITALIAN MOUTH SHUT..

I'm originally from Berks County, Pennsylvania, and what was once predominantly a Pennsylvania Dutch area is now hugely Hispanic. The culture that was once so unique and attractive to tourists is almost gone. Don't get me started on the escalated crime...and you can't go anywere without hearing Spanish, Spanish, Spanish (where you used to hear Pennsylvania Dutch). When my mother goes out with her friends, and they hear a lot of Spanish jabbering, they speak to each other in Dutch (Pennsylvania German)...it confuses the h*** out of the Hispanics.

My brother (who also lives there) has seen a lot of what he believes are Syrians...burka clad and looking confused. He doesn't know where they're living, only glad it's not in his neighborhood.

Last edited by Mrs. Skeffington; 10-03-2015 at 04:53 AM..

Old 10-03-2015, 04:54 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,441,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by And D View Post
Oregon shooting.

As the grim details unfold about this nutcase who decided to go on a shooting rampage at the community college in Oregon, I couldn't help but remember all the comments here about Muslims and what the comments would be today if this guy was a Muslim, from Syria...

Instead it seems he was born in England, a fan of fire arms and interested in the IRA.

So where is the calling for the deportation of all scum from England, and the round up of all fire arms?

Where's the propaganda and mob mentality on this one?

Oh, wait, this terrorist looks more like us...
Born in England?

Where did you get that?

His mother is black, from Torrance, CA, near LA.

His father is white.

That's all I know about him, so far.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:03 AM

Quote:
The Nazis forced everyone to fall in line, aka assimilate
Wrong.

"Assimilation" means people from a foreign culture assimilating to the society they have immigrated to.

That has nothing to do with the Nazis.

Nazi Germany was not interested in accepting and assimilating foreign immigrants.

Rather, it was interested in conquering foreign countries and then exploiting their people unless they were of German blood.

Quote:
"They weren't interested in assimilating non-Aryans. They were only interested in expelling or killing them." And as such, say for a gay man in Nazi Germany, for example, you made damn sure to take off the make up and assimilate!
Again, you are misusing the term "assimilate."

A gay German in Nazi Germany was not a foreigner.

He obviously couldn't become heterosexual, although he might have tried to pass as one.

Quote:
Again, I was just in Berlin, and I took some time going through their exhibits, at the Holocaust memorial, along the Berlin Wall, the Checkpoint Charlie museum. No "lecture," just the facts and a bit of semantics perhaps...
Why not just admit you were wrong?

It would save time.

And it would show that you are intellectually honest, instead of just being intellectually pretentious.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Terrorism.

Then there is the comment about going to other countries to "start some good old fashioned terrorism on them for a change."

Given a "thumbs up" no less.

That people think this way is perhaps the greatest form of terrorism there is, because clearly the "eye for an eye" mindset just makes everyone blind.

Some can and do argue that the western world has already exacted plenty of terrorism that has lead to more terrorism, but of course we can be very selective about what history we want to know or don't know. We are also very subjective about how we want to interpret these historical facts.

Where does your history start?

BC? AC? Before WWI? After? WWII? Before Zionism? After? When the U.S. belonged to the American Indians, the Mexicans? Before the gas combustion engine? Before the discovery of oil in the Middle East? Before the British Empire? After?

Regardless the when and where, let's go to "other countries and "start some good old fashioned terrorism?"

Really?

So ignorant and sad is this commentary, I think I only reply as some sort of purge. There is no "starting" terrorism anymore you morons. We can only perpetuate it!
Nice little speech.

Now try dealing with what I said about Christians and Jews living in the Middle East long before Islam even existed, and then being attacked and oppressed by Muslims.

And what I said about Islam invading North Africa, India and parts of Europe.

Plus Islam's brutal behavior today -- beheadings, crucifixions, genital mutilation, stonings of women, acts of terrorism.

No, you don't want to address any of that.

You just want to talk about the "evil West."

You liberals are going to be the death of this country -- and all that is civilized.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:13 AM

Quote:
"Christians, Jews and pagans lived in the Middle East long, long before Islam even existed."

Interesting how conservatives, especially religious ones, will put such great emphasis on who was first when it comes to certain history, but when it comes to the people in the United States before the United States was created, well that's another matter.

When it comes to some, the lesson of history is a complete loss, and no doubt I do not have the skills to bring light where the darkness is so profound. Instead I would just suggest we can do better than simply repeat the sad mistakes of history by promoting still more ignorance and violence. Call me progressive if it makes you feel better, but please don't claim to be any sort of historical scholar while you pick your favorite people and preach still more ignorance and intolerance.
Why don't you address me directly, instead of in these little speeches of yours?

Are you afraid?

I've never denied that Native Americans were here in America before Europeans.

If you are a non-Native American and happen to live here, feel free to pack your bags and leave.

Otherwise, you're not the enlightened progressive that you claim to be.

I only pointed out that Jews and Christians were in the Middle East long before Islam even existed because you misleadingly made it sound as though Muslims were the indigenous population that had been oppressed by outsiders when -- in fact -- it was the other way around.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
You're right. It makes you xenophobic. With that said, the so-called "Way of Life" is constantly changing. It is not static and it is unrealistic to think that it should be.

[it is what it is]
No, it is what we make it.

That's the whole point of being a democracy and having national self-determination.

Surrendering before the battle even starts (by denying that there even is a battle) is the liberal way -- to perdition.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaronOB View Post
Lefts know better, what to do, they enforce anything they want or kill you if you do not agree with. According to lefts the entirely Europa must became Muslim and the Christian European Civilization must be annihilated.USA a little bit later. Anybody who is against, lefts call as racist, nazi or idiot. Therefore all non-lefts shall stop to afraid to be called racist or nazi if they still want to save and to preserve countries they live in.
Well said.

Old 10-03-2015, 05:21 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,797,563 times
It depends on what you way of life is. If your way of life is based on excluding people of other races or nationalities from your society you are racist or fascist.

You can live however you like: wear lederhosen, kangas or burkas to your hearts content. You can go to Germania Hall, Polish and American club or Sons of St. Patricks dinner. None of that makes you racist or fascist. But if you exclude Irish from the P and A club or blacks from St. Paddy's day, it does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies