Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2015, 01:08 PM

218 posts, read 214,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
The branch dividians had committed no crime that justified the acts of the government. They could have been arrested peacefully, but Janet Reno wanted a show. As for Timothy McVeigh, can you tell me what kind of firearm he used? You were the one that stated these were the terrorists that you observed. You said it, you prove it. I haven't heard of any of these types of people committing terrorist acts. You obviously know they have, so find the link.
You are misquoting me, or misunderstanding me. I didn't say I observed any terrorist acts, and never said the gun show people were terrorists, only that I found them terrifying as well as the class of weaponry they were buying. And the assault weapons they could carry away with not even any background checks. I don't need "links" to explain that further,

David koresch CAUSED his own people to die. HE set the fire that burned his children. And no, I thought Janet Reno did a terrible job, but he is entirely responsible for killing his family and friends.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2015, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
Can you be a bigot against your own people?
I looked it up, you are right, I am being a bigot. Such is life.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:12 PM

572 posts, read 552,627 times
Quote:
When I am at a dog show, I'm not scared, or an art show, or a music venue, or a horse event, or a gathering of white men really anywhere.....but there the type of wePons and the type of personalities were terrifying!
and you actually spoke to the folks at this event to confirm your fears, right? '

or are your thoughts on the show attendees merely those you arrived to on your own, without so much as
speaking a word to other show attendees - due to how they: looked/sounded/walked/etc.?

Old 10-05-2015, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Aside from looking really scary to you, what criminal acts did they commit that you are aware of?
None, but then I doubt most people I would think would be scary don't commit violent acts either, but it was creepy enough for us to want to leave.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
and you actually spoke to the folks at this event to confirm your fears, right? '

or are your thoughts on the show attendees merely those you arrived to on your own, without so much as
speaking a word to other show attendees - due to how they: looked/sounded/walked/etc.?
Yes

Old 10-05-2015, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatsDEN View Post
I'm sure you spoke to each of these Southern 'scary characters' to ascertain that they were in fact involved with the sorts of things that you claimed earlier in this thread, right?
Can you speak to someone, and ask if they intend to do terrorist things, and expect them to say yes?

Old 10-05-2015, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
How many people were killed there that you witnessed?
I can tell you that is has been reported by the media that 50 people were killed in urban Chicago last week alone! None of them were shot by the scary demographic that you describe in your bigoted terms.
I was and always speak only of what I know. I've never been to Chicago, I said, Tampa and Houston. Those were the demographics I mentioned, because those were the ones that scared me. Bigoted or not. Just the truth.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:23 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,939,754 times
Quote:
You are misquoting me, or misunderstanding me. I didn't say I observed any terrorist acts, and never said the gun show people were terrorists, only that I found them terrifying as well as the class of weaponry they were buying. And the assault weapons they could carry away with not even any background checks. I don't need "links" to explain that further,
a
David koresch CAUSED his own people to die. HE set the fire that burned his children. And no, I thought Janet Reno did a terrible job, but he is entirely responsible for killing his family and friends.
Had the FBI simply waited for Koresch to leave the compound, (which he an his leaders regularly did) they could have been arrested without incident. Instead, Janet Reno, decided to make a display of power. If not for the government, not a single life had to be lost. You stated in an earlier post that these people were more or less the criminal type that were at the gun show you attended. If you like I can go back to find the post. If they purchased a assault weapon, they either passed a background check or possessed a conceal carry permit, which requires a more extensive background check and allows a person who has that permit to merely fill out the form and they can have the firearm. Go take a look at the FBI statistics on what type of weapons are used in crimes. You will find that assault weapons are at the very bottom of the list. In fact they are categorized with rifles and even being lumped in together with plain jane rifles, they are still at the bottom of the list.

Old 10-05-2015, 01:24 PM

572 posts, read 552,627 times
Quote:
Can you speak to someone, and ask if they intend to do terrorist things, and expect them to say yes?
I'm not so sure you spoke to even one person you came across at this show...
is my take/opinion at this point in time...

Old 10-05-2015, 01:25 PM

17,597 posts, read 13,372,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Does Barry and the left have any idea what "common sense" is?

Nope.
Definitely NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies