Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2015, 02:24 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Oh no, do you know how many murders live in the US. Should people be afraid of Americans because there might be a chance of one of us being a murderer?
Yes if you know they support and engage in crime. There's a difference between crime and sociopolitical and religious motivated violence. We should restrict immigration from higher crime areas, Latin America, middle east, Africa.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2015, 02:31 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Actually you are doing that because Islam is a RELIGION. We don't get to pick and choose which religions are acceptable.

And your second part is just a non sequitur. Sorry you don't like the Constitution.
Machine guns, bazookas and grenades are ARMS. We don't get to pick and choose which arms are acceptable. If identifying something as religion requires it to be imported without restrictions, then we can't restrict importation of arms. Sorry you don't like the constitution.

The constitution's bill of rights at the time was clearly referring to free men and Christian sects. It was not referring to immigration policy and alien religious cultures.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:35 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times
Quote:
That's a lie, you seem to be against freedom of religion.

You also seem willing to target 1.5 billion people as if they are all terrorists. This is very dangerous because it is exactly what Hitler did when trying to demonize the Jewish people.

Your point about illiteracy, we have Americans that suck at their own language. Not sure why that non sequitur was needed in your post.
Freedom of religion is fine, as long as that religion does not devote itself to killing others and depriving them of their rights! Keep in mind that we have a Constitution that guarantees the rights of US citizens- there is no right of non-citizen immigrants to violate the rights of citizens. Are you nuts?

We are simply talking about limiting the number of immigrants who have demonstrated to be dangerous to the citizens of the host nation, and/or have become welfare dependents with little or no hope of assimilation.

What you are advocating is national suicide and would only be promoted by someone who seeks personal and cultural suicide.

Again- HOW MANY SYRIANS ARE YOU TAKING INTO YOUR HOME?

Old 11-15-2015, 02:37 PM

8,802 posts, read 8,902,028 times
Quote:
So tell us wise right winger, what should we be doing?
Denouncing Islam the same way the left denounces Christianity.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:38 PM

7,513 posts, read 5,756,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Oh look, lets blame the left for the actions of ISIS. I suppose I could return the favor and blame the right and their war mongering for helping bring ISIS into existence. It would actually have a bigger logical basis.

Seriously though, whats wrong with you people?
Actually ISIS was formed from what was left of Al Qaeda. Had we hammered this JV team while they were forming from the Al Qaeda ashes the folks who were massacred in France would still be going on with their lives. If your running and fighting for your lives you have little time to grow, fund raise, recruit, train and plan coordinated attacks.

We have a weak leader with a mental illness in the whitehouse who actually armed ISIS in hopes they would keep Putin and Assad busy. Unfortunately his stupidity bit him in the ass and got a lot of innocent people killed.

I don't know why liberals refuse to acknowledge that these goat herders demand everyone covert to Islam. They rape and kill children and tell us the Koran permits this. Everything about them flies in the face of liberal and progressive beliefs yet all we hear is sympathies for their plight.

They and anyone who follows their twisted belief system should be wiped from the face of the planet.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:39 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Yes if you know they support and engage in crime. There's a difference between crime and sociopolitical and religious motivated violence. We should restrict immigration from higher crime areas, Latin America, middle east, Africa.
Who is this "they" that support and engage in crime?? Sounds like some serious generalizing.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Machine guns, bazookas and grenades are ARMS. We don't get to pick and choose which arms are acceptable. If identifying something as religion requires it to be imported without restrictions, then we can't restrict importation of arms. Sorry you don't like the constitution.

The constitution's bill of rights at the time was clearly referring to free men and Christian sects. It was not referring to immigration policy and alien religious cultures.
So you think we shouldn't be restricting the Constitution? You are sending me mixed signals. Actually the Constitution is clearly referring to ALL religions because when the country was founded, we weren't just full of Christians.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:42 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
Actually ISIS was formed from what was left of Al Qaeda. Had we hammered this JV team while they were forming from the Al Qaeda ashes the folks who were massacred in France would still be going on with their lives. If your running and fighting for your lives you have little time to grow, fund raise, recruit, train and plan coordinated attacks.

We have a weak leader with a mental illness in the whitehouse who actually armed ISIS in hopes they would keep Putin and Assad busy. Unfortunately his stupidity bit him in the ass and got a lot of innocent people killed.

I don't know why liberals refuse to acknowledge that these goat herders demand everyone covert to Islam. They rape and kill children and tell us the Koran permits this. Everything about them flies in the face of liberal and progressive beliefs yet all we hear is sympathies for their plight.

They and anyone who follows their twisted belief system should be wiped from the face of the planet.
ISIS was formed because the monumental idiot let the now leader of that pack of terrorists out of GITMO.

Old 11-15-2015, 02:43 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Quote:
So you think we shouldn't be restricting the Constitution? You are sending me mixed signals. Actually the Constitution is clearly referring to ALL religions because when the country was founded, we weren't just full of Christians.
Yes we are free to practice our religion. But when that religion calls for the killing of non believers we have to draw the line don't you think ?

Old 11-15-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Freedom of religion is fine, as long as that religion does not devote itself to killing others and depriving them of their rights! Keep in mind that we have a Constitution that guarantees the rights of US citizens- there is no right of non-citizen immigrants to violate the rights of citizens. Are you nuts?

We are simply talking about limiting the number of immigrants who have demonstrated to be dangerous to the citizens of the host nation, and/or have become welfare dependents with little or no hope of assimilation.

What you are advocating is national suicide and would only be promoted by someone who seeks personal and cultural suicide.

Again- HOW MANY SYRIANS ARE YOU TAKING INTO YOUR HOME?
Interesting, Muslims I have met have never killed anyone or supported killing anyone, but they are happy to be in the US practicing their religion freely. Also, someone who immigrates to the US and becomes a US citizen, the Constitution applies to them as well. Not sure what rights you think people are violating of yours though....

Yes, you are talking about denying an entire group of people because you are scared of their religion.

Oh I am sure you would see it as "national suicide" because you seem to believe that this country would thrive as a Fascist Regime that uses Muslims and probably even Latinos as being targets for demonizing to drive your expected propaganda.

The only people who live in my home are my wife, my dog, and me. Not sure what taking people into my home has to do with this topic? Would you be satisfied if I let a Muslim family live in my small apartment? Seems a bit absurd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies