Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2015, 02:05 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Bingo!!! You just supported background checks on mental illness. I'm glad we agree.
Although a court decision on every mental case could get a bit expensive...

So you're good with Muslim immigrants arming themselves against oppression of Sharia law?

There is no way to check a persons mental status. Doctors are not going to let those records loose. Its against the Law, and they would be sued. You should already know that. Your beating a dead horse. I also don't think folks with mental problems should not have guns, but I am a realist, and know that's not achievable. Doctors would have to make those decisions and people would be suing the Doctors. That's reality.

I don't have a problem with Muslims arming themselves for whatever the reason s, as long as they do it in their own Country. Is I was not good with that, do you think ISIL will care? Pay attention to what some Clowns want to do, with importing people they have no clue about, from a Terrorist infested Country. You would be of more use in that fight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2015, 02:12 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,573,294 times
Quote:
Due process doesn't give mental patients, illegal immigrants, violent criminals, etc, the right to own guns any more than a convicted drunk driver has a right to drive. You make laws, you apply them evenly. THAT is due process.

Those things are already against the Law, except the Mental Patient part. Are they legal in your State?

As far as Mental Patients, who is going to determine that a person is not stable enough to own a gun? You? You keep hanging on things that are not possible in a reality world, unless you know something no one else has figured out yet. If you do, please enlighten us how you would intend to do it. Don't just talk about it.

Old 12-05-2015, 04:56 PM

2,962 posts, read 5,000,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
I don't knows single firearm owner who wants to force anyone to carry a firearm. What we want is to not be denied our right to carry because the antigun crowd can't understand reality.
I didn't say anything about force. I can say that the more people push for rights to carry and open carry at that, more guns will be purchased and carried. Not many would want to be out and about among an armed populace without their own little "equalizer". The "herd" mentality that some seem to think is an earmark of the left is actually a human trait. As much as gun enthusiasts seem to think they're individualists, they're just another group pushing an agenda. Welcome to the "herd".

Old 12-05-2015, 05:00 PM

11,142 posts, read 10,713,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I didn't say anything about force. I can say that the more people push for rights to carry and open carry at that, more guns will be purchased and carried. Not many would want to be out and about among an armed populace without their own little "equalizer". The "herd" mentality that some seem to think is an earmark of the left is actually a human trait.
You implied force or coercion with the phrase "some people won't be satisfied until..." Quite frankly, I know quite a few people who don't own firearms for various reasons, and I, just like every firearms owner I know, am perfectly fine with that. On the other hand, plenty of non firearms owners have told me that I'm wrong to own one, and many even support forcing us to not own them.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:16 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryWho? View Post
I didn't say anything about force. I can say that the more people push for rights to carry and open carry at that, more guns will be purchased and carried. Not many would want to be out and about among an armed populace without their own little "equalizer". The "herd" mentality that some seem to think is an earmark of the left is actually a human trait. As much as gun enthusiasts seem to think they're individualists, they're just another group pushing an agenda. Welcome to the "herd".
We're not pushing an agenda, we're defending against those that have an agenda.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
You implied force or coercion with the phrase "some people won't be satisfied until..." Quite frankly, I know quite a few people who don't own firearms for various reasons, and I, just like every firearms owner I know, am perfectly fine with that. On the other hand, plenty of non firearms owners have told me that I'm wrong to own one, and many even support forcing us to not own them.
I think you assumed. The very inclusion of the word some would implicate discontinuity. I have no problem with gun owners. I just think there needs to be more and tougher regulations. Anecdotally, many of my gun owning friends tell me I'm wrong not to own a firearm. That I have a duty to be armed. Seems like a quandary.

Old 12-05-2015, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
We're not pushing an agenda, we're defending against those that have an agenda.
Want to think that out and try again?

Old 12-05-2015, 05:38 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boris347 View Post
There is no way to check a persons mental status. Doctors are not going to let those records loose. Its against the Law, and they would be sued. You should already know that. Your beating a dead horse. I also don't think folks with mental problems should not have guns, but I am a realist, and know that's not achievable. Doctors would have to make those decisions and people would be suing the Doctors. That's reality.
There are already bills in congress to support this, but the Republican beneficiaries of IRA kickbacks are doing their best to block them. The are ways to do the checks without violating existing HIPAA laws, as anybody with a modicum of critical thinking skills can imagine. This will happen, it's just a matter of time.
Quote:
I don't have a problem with Muslims arming themselves for whatever the reason s, as long as they do it in their own Country. Is I was not good with that, do you think ISIL will care? Pay attention to what some Clowns want to do, with importing people they have no clue about, from a Terrorist infested Country. You would be of more use in that fight.
LOL!!! They can just buy them at garage sales with no background checks which YOU GUYS are defending. You can't have it both ways, bucko!

Republican Dilemma: Guns for Immigrants.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:20 PM

3,216 posts, read 2,085,505 times
Quote:
There are already bills in congress to support this, but the Republican beneficiaries of IRA kickbacks are doing their best to block them. The are ways to do the checks without violating existing HIPAA laws, as anybody with a modicum of critical thinking skills can imagine. This will happen, it's just a matter of time.

LOL!!! They can just buy them at garage sales with no background checks which YOU GUYS are defending. You can't have it both ways, bucko!

Republican Dilemma: Guns for Immigrants.
We have no illusions that jihadist terrorists could be hindered from acquiring firearms by passing background check laws.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:42 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,832,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Orlandochuck1 View Post
We have no illusions that jihadist terrorists could be hindered from acquiring firearms by passing background check laws.
So great, let's just make it easy and give them the guns. Right?

The current reports on the San Bernadino shooters is that they were not sent by Isis. They were independent self-styled Isis sympathizers from what anybody knows. They could easily have gotten their guns anywhere. Too easily.

What is it with you people that want to make guns easier to get than Sudafed? Why do you have guns? For safety. How does allowing nut-jobs to have guns make you safer? The only thing I can figure is you're afraid you can't pass background checks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies