Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: is "white privilege" an excuse for black failure?
yes 204 71.58%
no 81 28.42%
Voters: 285. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 06:08 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wrong.
Nope actually I'm white. Most asians are employed in STEM jobs. And guess what? i just so happen to work in a STEM job. So I'm exposed to asians quite a bit. Majority of the asians I work with are on worker Visas. Usually something like a L2 Visa. So they're sponsored by a company typically based offshore. And they're paid a salary, but much less than their black or white conterparts would be making. There are other types of Visas like H1B Visa, where the salary would be a little more balanced. But keep in mind the salary is given to them by their service company, who is going to pay a lot less than an American company.

Even with that said, the pay reduction for Asians under a visa sponsorship is still higher on average than what a white or black would make at a national level. This is why Asians show the highest income because there are fewer lower class Asians being counted.

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singlelady10 View Post
I meant the non common names.
I was just agreeing with you...and comments from others that the non-common names are hardly given. People are simply exaggerating because they don't have an excuse for being discriminatory based on names.

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Too bad not every person is willing to learn to be anti-white, just like you can't be taught to not be anti-white.
This isn't about being "anti-white," though it would be nice if people would be less "anti-nonwhite."

Old 12-30-2015, 06:09 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Nope. They were put there by Whites to make sure that all races get fair treatment. Do you care to name any country in the world that isn't majority White where such laws are also on the books?

Yet again nonsense disproved.
It's not nonsense because it had to be brought to the attention of these agencies by black people and some non black people(whistle blowers) just like it is being done now across this country. You don't think these agencies are overseen by the NAACP as well?

The outrageous behavior in Ferguson, Chicago, New York even the housing market and college practices was bought to attention by black people and many white people that cared and do the right thing. There is not just black people fighting for the rights of black people.There are many white people doing it as well.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:10 PM

552 posts, read 314,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
False, that isn't what I said, but we both know that....
Originally Posted by urbanlife78
That is called racism and is what white privilege means.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:12 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvira310 View Post
Actually, I do hear a lot of white men (online, anyway) complain about that. And as a woman, I'll say that I wouldn't want a job I wasn't as qualified for, just because I'm a woman. I want a fair shot, but not an extra advantage.
The loudest complains about government programs are race-based which is quite ridiculous considering the numbers of people across all backgrounds that benefit from them.

Quote:
I hear people complain about whites on welfare. Remember that surfer boy who was getting food stamps, and caused a sensation on Fox News? He was white. There was no shortage of contempt and anger directed at him: Watters' World: Food stamp surfer edition | On Air Videos | Fox News
Not as loud as they do about minorities in general. Never heard of the surfer.

Quote:
This is complete hyperbole and conjured up in your head. It speaks of someone who is very bitter and soured on Evil Whitey. Wow.

Sure, there are evil whiteys, evil blacks, evil (everyone) out there. I don't think that prejudice and bigotry has been completely stamped out. But this kind of nonsense, assigning the most bitter and toxic of motivations upon a whole swathe of people, is a large part of the problem.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me throw up my hands. I stop caring. Whatever, whatever, whatever. I won't deny anyone an opportunity—I don't want that on my conscience—but my sympathy goes WAAAAY down to zero when I hear this kind of nonsense.
Nothing bitter at all because that history has absolutely NOTHING to do with me or my family. That is my perception as a first generation American regarding American history...which is not mine.

Welfare began in the 1930s. Generally speaking, the complaints about welfare reference the 1960s when minorities became eligible. So that's how it appears.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:12 PM

5,281 posts, read 6,589,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
That is the standard of success, to be a chairman of a board or a CEO at a Fortune 500 company? Looks like 99% of us are destined for utter abject failure. What are we discussing this all for? We are all losers.
The basis of the argument is that whites are suffering and losing power because they're being judged. My point is that whites still hold majority of the power in this country, and top dog CEO positions is the Apex of that power. There as been no so much as a dent when it has come to things like Executive positions. There the guy at Microsoft who is Indian and the CEO, and they have an Indian CEO at Google. But on average you really don't see Asians at this level. The closest you'll get is may VP or SVP, but not EVP and rarely any C-level positions.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by max340 View Post
Originally Posted by urbanlife78
That is called racism and is what white privilege means.
A swing and a miss on your part, white privilege is racism, that doesn't mean all white people are racist.

Old 12-30-2015, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Just watch, they'll try to wiggle out of that quote by making up some new "meaning" for it . . .
Actually the original meaning for white privilege works just well....though I am sure you and others are still clueless on what that meaning is based on the comments I am reading on this thread....

Old 12-30-2015, 06:15 PM

552 posts, read 314,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
A swing and a miss on your part, white privilege is racism, that doesn't mean all white people are racist.
We have been over this already. If white privilege is racism and all white people have it then all white people are racist. Would you also say that if Ebola is a disease and if 10 people have Ebola that those 10 people don't have a disease? Logic is your friend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies