Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 12:46 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Did Obama state some kind of limit to the number of guns a person can own? I missed that...
He is placing limits on the number of guns a private owner can sell without the onerous and expensive process of applying for, acquiring, and keeping current an FFL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
There was NO background check on him.
What would have changed if there was? He didn't use his own guns.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:49 PM

36,660 posts, read 67,564,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camlon View Post
I actually support the content of some of Obama's executive orders, but I hate them anyway. I feel every time he signs an EO, that should have gone through congress, then he spits on the constitution and dishonor the american people.
Oh come on. They all take advantage of this discretionary ability granted to the President. You guys act like he alone is the only president to ever do this. Hardly, they ALL do it and their opponents get mad, every time.

In fact, Obama's track record on executive orders isnt even that impressive versus his precedessors.
Forbes Welcome

Old 01-05-2016, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Man, you can't answer anything, can you?
I did. Not my fault you're under-informed.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:50 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I am a female and own -but we gotta make people more responsible- the NRA should have set up a self imposed, volunteered safety/training course and registry- it is all about $$$$$ ---if it was about protecting LIFE- we would not have the issues we have now-
- keep waving your weapon dearie- I don't need to flaunt mine--
Sure you are a gun owner. Have you ever taken an NRA safety course? They are given FREE at gun shows, as I am sure you (as a gun owner) are aware.

I don't "waive" my weapon, cupcake. I actually own a weapon and have a conceal carry license. I have received safety training both from the NRA and privately. Do you think that lying about owning a gun makes you sound any less ignorant about the NRA, gun shows or gun ownership and safety? Well, it doesn't, dearie.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:50 PM

23,566 posts, read 17,245,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Obama issues an order, which is not law, which cannot be enforced. In clear violation of the Constitution of the United States, and beyond his Constitutional authority, Obama "orders" (mandates) background checks for online & gun show sales.

This is unenforceable, as it is not law. Obama has no authority to make law. Secondly, "executive orders" may only apply to the administration and government agencies. They do not apply to private institutions, citizens, etc.

Therefore, there is nothing to compel anyone to follow his "order."

Obama is not a King, though he may think he is. Do not comply.
the point is to discourage gun ownership.

So the legal guru says we have to wait for some criminal to be to give a gun to his son as a present and be arrested for notregistering as a FFL dealer.

The case wil probably be thrown out he says.

Think about it, some poor schlub who never committed a crime and lives hand to mouth now has to hire a lawyer and spent thousands of dollars he doesn't have just to go to court to be found innocent.

TheEPA doesthis all thetime when they don't have a case. They drag it out eventually breaking thedefendant financially and then they walk away.

This is the legal strategy the feds typically use. Meanwhile the pres says, 'you can keep yourgunsif you like your guns, PERIOD!

The sad sack, almost in tears, laments the death of childern by gunfire and so in his 7th year decides to pass a law that will not have saved anyone. Yaaah! 3 cheers for Obama, the prez who cares. In the words of HRC, about Obama's EO, 'what does it matter?" she asks that aboutpotentialvictims who will notbe saved by the president's latest EO.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:52 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He is placing limits on the number of guns a private owner can sell without the onerous and expensive process of applying for, acquiring, and keeping current an FFL.
At gunshows. I know of several ways to get around that FFL requirement and background check.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:54 PM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
And the truly crazy will not seek help.
He did talk about preventing suicide and cross checking for mental illness. Doctors wanting to cover their behinds could certainly classify any person with any level of depression as possibly suicidal. Then, you fail the background check. Many doctors already screen for domestic violence and ask if there is a firearm in your home. So now it starts.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:57 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,597,807 times
I guarantee you Florida will be voting Republican this election over this.

Old 01-05-2016, 12:57 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,843,122 times
Quote:
Then you are OK with psychopaths, sociopaths, convicted felons, etc. being able to buy weapons? Do you think that would be good for the well-being of our citizens?

In order to drive a car, one must have a license and training on how to drive a car. No comparison.

As President Obama said, what about our other rights? The right to peaceful assembly (theatre shooting), the right to live one's life (Sandy Hook)?

What about THOSE rights? They are less important than someone's desire to shoot people and having the means to do so?

Had the 2nd Amendment not been infringed upon at either Sandy Hook or the Theater in question, many of those victims would be alive today.

In both instances, the locations were "gun free zones" which alerted the shooters that they would not be confronted and/or subdued by a legally carrying citizen.

Just like the mall shooting in Oregon where conceal carry was legal. A shooter attempted to open fire on innocent shoppers, but as soon as he was confronted by a legally carrying gun owner, the shooter stopped and ran away. The shooter was later apprehended for the crime. No deaths.

Please list ONE mass shooting that has taken place in a location where the 2nd Amendment is observed, i.e., a location that was not designated and known as a "gun free zone."

I feel over confident that you will fail in your attempt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies